PDA

View Full Version : St George Chess Club AGM

The_Wise_Man
16-02-2005, 02:10 PM
The following people were elected to office at the St George AGM last night.

Patron: George Baikovas
President: Chris Nikolaou
Vice-President: Ngan Koshnitsky
Secretary: Anthony Belz
Treasurer: Paul Sike
Club Captain: Charles Zworestine
Publicity: Louie Reyes
Webmaster: Allan Richards
Sports Council Rep: Brian Allison
Equipment Officers: John Matson, Sam Sharkawy and Mirsad Zekic
General Committee: Thierry Ollivain, Brian Press and Terence Wall

Also a special thank you to the retiring President Kerry Stead and Vice-President Leon Munk....

Some very exciting ideas got mentioned in the general business... stay tuned for developments...

Wise

Paul S
16-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Yes, it was quite a good meeting.

The Wise Man (who chaired the meeting) and Charles Z deserve the credit for getting all the positions filled with their prior behind the scenes lobbying and encouragement of "waverers" at the meeting. :clap:

I'm pleased the Secretary position has now been filled as this should mean that I won't have to take the minutes of next year's AGM (in the absence of a Secretary I ended up taking the minutes of Tuesday's AGM)! :lol:

I am looking forward to the St George Club Championship (due mainly to its divisional round robin format - playing players of around your own rating) which starts next week. It is certainly an asset for St George to have someone like Charles Z as the tournament organiser - very few people would be prepered to put up with the hassle of orgainising a comp like this :clap: (certainly I don't think I would ever organise a comp like this what with sorting out 50 odd players into 5 divisions, typing up information sheets and the draw, providing regular email result updates etc!).

arosar
17-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey Paulie, what happened with the Bankstown club rapid mate?

AR

Paul S
17-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey Paulie, what happened with the Bankstown club rapid mate?

AR

Hi Amiel

:hmm: Not sure what your post has to do with the St George AGM........nonetheless, I will answer your question...........you certainly have a good nose for sniffing out unusual incidents!

Anyway...........for Amiel's benefit...... the Canterbury Rapidplay was originally supposed to be over 9 rounds (30 minutes per player per game - 3 rounds per night) on 7/2/05, 14/2/05 and 21/2/05. However, on 7/2/05 there was a blackout (power failure) at the Leagues Club which could not be fixed and so no chess could be played on 7/2/05!!! So, the Rapidplay is now a 7 round event (3 rounds on 14/2/05 and 4 rounds on 21/2/05 with 25 minutes per player per game - setting #2 on the DGT2000).

Like I say, I am not sure what Amiel's post has to do with the St George AGM........... :hmm:

The_Wise_Man
15-02-2006, 08:47 AM
The following people were elected to office at the St George Chess Club AGM last night.

President: Jamie Roberts
Vice-President: John Nichas
Secretary: Anthony Belz
Treasurer: Michael Van Der Kolff
Club Captain: Charles Zworestine
Publicity: vacant
Webmaster: Aina Musaeva
Sports Council Rep: Brian Allison
Equipment Officers: John Matson, Sam Sharkawy and Mirsad Zekic
General Committee: Brian Press, Terence Wall, Peter Johansson and Muhamed Buza

I must thank the committee for their efforts in 2005.

Wise

Spiny Norman
15-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Being a Mexican, I am not familiar with George ... what is his background and why was he offered the post as patron? I have been thinking for some time that my club would benefit from a high-profile patron ... perhaps a patron-saint ... ;) ... anyway, I think having a club patron gives a club an increased profile and lends itself to increased publicity/marketing opportunities.

Libby
15-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Being a Mexican, I am not familiar with George ... what is his background and why was he offered the post as patron? I have been thinking for some time that my club would benefit from a high-profile patron ... perhaps a patron-saint ... ;) ... anyway, I think having a club patron gives a club an increased profile and lends itself to increased publicity/marketing opportunities.

ACTJCL has a local pollie (from the wrong side of the fence from my perspective but you can't have everything).

He is accompanied by media as a general rule, has mentioned us in the Hansard and shakes hands with lots of hearty enthusiasm :doh: