PDA

View Full Version : the race starts again

Garvinator
02-01-2004, 12:53 AM
well it looks like all those bb counts have been nullified, so we get to start from equal status here ](*,)

skip to my lou
02-01-2004, 12:57 AM
Send me a PM or email and I can reset your post count to what it was on the old BB.

Garvinator
02-01-2004, 12:59 AM
its ok Jeo, we got hacked a while go by some brazilians and lost alot of posts, so i think it is better to start afresh here. It actually became fun for some to get titles.

skip to my lou
02-01-2004, 01:01 AM
ok sure

Gandalf
02-01-2004, 03:37 AM
I think resetting the counts would just fuel the old rivalries. Let's see how people go now, with everyone having the same start date eh?

Besides, I don't like Plebeian Politics. Slag each other too much and I'll make you look stupid. :)

chesslover
02-01-2004, 06:53 AM
but liek I have repeatedly stated, it is all about QUALITY, not quantity

in the old BB, Bill and kevin were the only ones who had got above 1000 posts, who combined that rare ability to give quality post, while still being prolific in their posting.

The only 2 other people to pass 1000 posts in the old BB - and please note that I include myself, and a certain other individual in this statement - frankly had nowhere near the qulatry, depth, wisdom or articualtion that Kevin and Bill had.

So please do not get hanged up about the number of posts - quality of posts is far more important

shaun
02-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Well, I'm screwed then. I think every post I've made on this bulletin board has been part of a deleted thread, so I guess I'm still on 0 (after this thread gets deleted as well).
Looks like I'll be beaten by a bunch of pimply faced adolescents posting about how their friends D10 always manages to roll the right number to wound their 3rd level half-elven magic user, despite having a +1 cloak of "don't hurt me".

skip to my lou
02-01-2004, 07:40 AM
:(

Bill Gletsos
12-01-2004, 06:28 PM
I'd like to thank Jeo and Matt for helping me to once again to lead the post count. :D

Since migrating here the top posters have been:

bill gletsos 322
chesslover 250
kevin bonham 186
matthew sweeney 144
barry cox 98
ggrayggray 93
starter 69
arosar 67

Of course these numbers would have been greater if not for deleted threads. :rolleyes:

chesslover
13-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Since migrating here the top posters have been:

bill gletsos 322
chesslover 250
kevin bonham 186
matthew sweeney 144
barry cox 98
ggrayggray 93
starter 69
arosar 67

and without blowing my own trumpet, may i respectfully point out that that I have one of the fewest threads deleted or censored in terms of the posts posted.

I have got on with kartick and gandalf during the time of their reign, as well as the Grand Poobah himself. Jeo himself said I was a gpood poster, and that he thinks I make a good contribution to the BB, and that he was glad to have me. Even matt has in a private pm, thanked me for standing by his side during the time when Gandalf kicked him out.

I hope my conduct and attitude and good behaviour inspires others in this BB

:P :P

ursogr8
13-01-2004, 07:44 PM
and without blowing my own trumpet, may i respectfully point out that that I have one of the fewest threads deleted or censored in terms of the posts posted.

CL
This is like saying you
passed the PAP test
and
failed the SMEAR test.

:D

Even matt has in a private pm, thanked me for standing by his side during the time when Gandalf kicked him out.

Can this be true Matt. Or is CL taking advantage of your absence?
:o

chesslover
13-01-2004, 08:06 PM
CL
This is like saying you
passed the PAP test
and
failed the SMEAR test.

:D

Even matt has in a private pm, thanked me for standing by his side during the time when Gandalf kicked him out.

Can this be true Matt. Or is CL taking advantage of your absence?

:o

1.witty indeed mr starter. I did not realise that you were capable of such wit

2. I assure that matt sent be this email, and he will vocuh for that. He was a broken, disspirited man with all the fight gone after the bannin. Indeed he was so pathetically grateful that for a moment I felt some sympathy with him - that was of course until I read his posts in the BB again, and wondered why we bothered :D

Bill Gletsos
13-01-2004, 08:11 PM
And [-X for that.

chesslover
13-01-2004, 08:21 PM
And [-X for that.

you are truly the GM when it comes to using the emoticons in a very approriate way. You have mastered it very well

:mrgreen:

Bill Gletsos
13-01-2004, 08:56 PM
:D :D :D

Commentator
21-01-2004, 09:18 AM
well it looks like all those bb counts have been nullified, so we get to start from equal status here ](*,)

One of the Title changes occurs at 500
Candidate becomes FIDE master.