PDA

View Full Version : Mt Buller: Further comments

Alan Shore
05-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Since K closed the Mt B forum...

There was a committee and I was on it

Now that we've pinpointed the problem, let's avoid it in the future.

It was pretty rude for K to close that forum ending on that note. I heard from sources who were there that Alex Saint worked very hard while he was there. I think he deserves an apology for that crude remark.

shaun
05-02-2005, 10:17 PM

It was pretty rude for K to close that forum ending on that note. I heard from sources who were there that Alex Saint worked very hard while he was there. I think he deserves an apology for that crude remark.

I second that. Just because Karthick is narked because a mate of the Saints (and he is real as I have met him) bagged him out, doesn't mean he should indulge in petty insults.

Bill Gletsos
06-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I dont think he closed it.
It appears he just moved the forum into the new Archived Forums section.

Garvinator
06-02-2005, 11:56 AM
I dont think he closed it.
It appears he just moved the forum into the new Archived Forums section.
i just tried to post in the archived section and got a message saying i dont have permission to post there. I take it this means none of us can post there apart from karthick.

Bill Gletsos
06-02-2005, 12:10 PM
i just tried to post in the archived section and got a message saying i dont have permission to post there. I take it this means none of us can post there apart from karthick.
Yes, although the threads are not shown as closed nor he forum you cannot actually post there.

skip to my lou
06-02-2005, 12:22 PM

I was not joking. I was being 100% serious. If you take that as being rude, then so be it. I was an "organiser" and I didn't even know a person called Nick existed on the team.

If Nick suggests that it is my fault that the site was being updated so slow, please tell me how I can post information / results / pairings without getting any input from the organisers at Mt Buller.

I second that. Just because Karthick is narked because a mate of the Saints (and he is real as I have met him) bagged him out, doesn't mean he should indulge in petty insults.

G.A.L

shaun, if you think about it carefully, the only people he "bagged out" is himself and his mates.

shaun
06-02-2005, 04:10 PM
I was not joking. I was being 100% serious. If you take that as being rude, then so be it. I was an "organiser" and I didn't even know a person called Nick existed on the team.

If Nick suggests that it is my fault that the site was being updated so slow, please tell me how I can post information / results / pairings without getting any input from the organisers at Mt Buller.

Clearly you are old enough to explain this for yourself, so I'm wondering why you are picking a childish fight with the wrong posters.

shaun, if you think about it carefully, the only people he "bagged out" is himself and his mates.
If you think that, then have your argument with "doc". And by the way, I have no idea what the google link is for.

skip to my lou
06-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Clearly you are old enough to explain this for yourself, so I'm wondering why you are picking a childish fight with the wrong posters.

I did explain it, several times, in several places.

If you think that, then have your argument with "doc". And by the way, I have no idea what the google link is for.

I'm not arguing with doc. The google link is what Alex posted in response to my post.

Perhaps if you read all the emails / msn / private forum posts then it will all become clear to you.

skip to my lou
06-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Btw, I am not responding to this anymore. The cause for late information on the site is clear.

arosar
07-02-2005, 10:28 AM
So why did you close the entire MB section Karthick mate?

AR

skip to my lou
07-02-2005, 11:18 AM
So why did you close the entire MB section Karthick mate?

AR

Because, when that forum is open, the server loads are around 3. I watched it close during the night, and loads were much lower, < 0.5 actually. Now that I've closed the forum, the loads are again < 0.5 throughout the day. I looked into this when pax complained about the "high server load" error.

Also, it only seemed to happen after the upgrade. I am not sure if the upgrade is the cause for the high loads.

Trent Parker
08-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Also, it only seemed to happen after the upgrade. I am not sure if the upgrade is the cause for the high loads.

Upgrade?

skip to my lou
08-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Upgrade?

Yeah

Bill Gletsos
08-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Upgrade?
Yes, STML recently upgraded the bulletin board software.

Rincewind
08-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Yes, STML recently upgraded the bulletin baord software.

I think Trent knew about the "grade" but was wondering as to the direction. :rolleyes:

Bill Gletsos
08-02-2005, 11:46 AM
I think Trent knew about the "grade" but was wondering as to the direction. :rolleyes:
On reflection I think you are right. ;)

skip to my lou
08-02-2005, 06:19 PM
On reflection I think you are right. ;)

We went from 3.0.1 -> 3.0.6

I just had to rebuild all the custom modifications.