PDA

View Full Version : Chesschat correspondence match #5

Kaitlin
02-02-2005, 09:48 AM
If anyone wants to play a correspondence match then as your opponent you could consider....

:classic: me me me, pik moi :classic:

Sometimes I will be able to play a move a day but not always like for the end of this week or the weekend, but most of the time I will.

I tossed a Tasso (cause I couldn't find a coin, its a bit like a coin and it was fair ahywho cause it came up tails) so you can go white if want and put your move if you want to play.

:) :)

ps. In case any very very very very good players read this you should know at the start Im not very very good (yet), sometimes I still make silly moves but in corrospondence games you have to think lots more so thats good casue sometimes I see its a silly move before I post it. This will be my second corro match and my record so far is "Me v's (the late) Woodstocker" - result DNF. Oh and I play by putting the moves on my glass chess board in my room and look at them when I go pass or sometimes when I wake up or if im just reluxing, and think of my move by doing that.

pss. Dont ever buy one of those glass chess boards, the guys look alright but the board suxs. The black and white squares are too hard to tell apart.. I got a black texter and coloured in the clear squares from the back so now there is black and frosted squares.. so at least now you can tell the difference.

Rincewind
03-02-2005, 08:32 PM
OK. I'll chance my arm.

1.Nf3

Garvinator
04-02-2005, 02:20 AM
OK. I'll chance my arm.

1.Nf3
im sorry but the arbiter is going to have to deem that you have thrown that ball and you will now be reported;)

Rincewind
05-02-2005, 09:23 AM
im sorry but the arbiter is going to have to deem that you have thrown that ball and you will now be reported;)

He might also have to rule on a time violation. :eek:

Rincewind
09-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh Kaitlin, where art thou?

Kaitlin
11-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Oh Kaitlin, where art thou?

Im bak :classic:... we were supposed to be bak sometime on the weekend but.... well its a long story.

Hi Barry :) .. thanks for playing. I will go stick the 1-8 and the ABC strips of paper back on to the bottom of the board and set up my chess set right now :classic:. And I'll get bak to you vsp.

~ mmm its an unusal prize and I dont know what I will do wif an spare arm if I win ~ :ponder:

Kaitlin
11-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Thought of my reply almost forgot to post it:
1. Nf3...d5

Rincewind
11-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Thought of my reply almost forgot to post it:

I'm (almost) devastated. :)

1. Nf3...d5

2. c4

Kaitlin
11-02-2005, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=Barry Cox]I'm (almost) devastated. <- :shocked: mmm sure

Anywho I run to my room and put c4 and thought mmm d4 then got back to the pputter and chickened out and went bak to my room...and i might regret it but.....

2. c4.....d4 :nervous:

Rincewind
11-02-2005, 11:00 PM
:shocked: mmm sure

I said "almost".

Anywho I run to my room and put c4 and thought mmm d4 then got back to the pputter and chickened out and went bak to my room...and i might regret it but.....

2. c4.....d4 :nervous:

3. e3

Kaitlin
12-02-2005, 08:17 PM
I think i have to do this.....

3. e3....dxe3

Rincewind
12-02-2005, 08:25 PM
I think i have to do this.....

Actually, the capture is not forced.

3. e3....dxe3

4. fxe3

Kaitlin
12-02-2005, 08:40 PM
mmm now i have to...

4. fxe3....Kc6

ursogr8
12-02-2005, 09:10 PM
mmm now i have to...

4. fxe3....Kc6

I remember watching a TV programme many decades back where Karpov was playing some (fast) games against folk who now escape my memory. Karpov's voice came as a voice-over and was obviously recorded after the game. But the comments were contemporaneous to the moves in the game. It was a great insight into how Karpov thought about his moves.

Given that my two favourite poster_styles are playing this game I was rather hoping for more than the incidental mmmm and (almost).

Let us hear those thought processes, please. :uhoh:

starter

Rincewind
12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
4. fxe3....Kc6

K is for the King, N is for a knight. Assuming you meant 4... Nc6 (as Kc6 is not legal in any case), then I reply...

5. d4

Time for a board?

1.Nf3 d5 2.c4 d4 3.e3 dxe3 4.fxe3 Nc6 5.d4 *

Rincewind
12-02-2005, 11:06 PM
I remember watching a TV programme many decades back where Karpov was playing some (fast) games against folk who now escape my memory. Karpov's voice came as a voice-over and was obviously recorded after the game. But the comments were contemporaneous to the moves in the game. It was a great insight into how Karpov thought about his moves.

Given that my two favourite poster_styles are playing this game I was rather hoping for more than the incidental mmmm and (almost).

There is an old adage that kibitzers should be seen and not heard. However, I disagree strongly with that sentiment. I see no reason that they should be seen at all. :eek:

Kaitlin
13-02-2005, 03:59 PM
K is for the King, N is for a knight. Assuming you meant 4... Nc6 (as Kc6 is not legal in any case), then I reply...

5. d4

:sick: yes I did, and you know wat... last night I woke up in the middle of the night thinking..'I put K instead of N and N=Knight (horse)' - but what is worse is that cause I woke up maybe I was dreaming of playing chess :eek:.

..but Im glade you worked out what I ment :) cause I did mean ...Nc6

and you maked a board too kewl :)

bbs......

ursogr8
13-02-2005, 06:17 PM
There is an old adage that kibitzers should be seen and not heard. However, I disagree strongly with that sentiment. I see no reason that they should be seen at all. :eek:

Ah....that is better; posts #16 and #17 are starting to show the thought processes. :P

Keep up the good work and let the comments see the light of day. :uhoh:

starter

Kaitlin
14-02-2005, 10:32 PM
5. d4.....f6

...and sorry I havent been making lots more moves. I will be able to this week cause I have been having (or made to) do lots of stuff :rolleyes: and I think they have run out of things for me to do, so I will be bak :classic:.

Kaitlin
15-02-2005, 09:30 AM

starter

I'm one of your fav's.... kewl :classic:. But I have to be carefull saying what moves im thinking though cause even when Im trying to be quiet (and yep I did check the spelling in the dictionary this time :P) I still talk to much :rolleyes:.. so that would give away if I was trying to do some sneaky moves... not that im getting any chance to do any yet, I'm having to pay special attention Barry not sneaky and planning to zap me real quick.

Rincewind
16-02-2005, 12:20 AM
5. d4.....f6

6.Nc3

...and sorry I havent been making lots more moves. I will be able to this week cause I have been having (or made to) do lots of stuff :rolleyes: and I think they have run out of things for me to do, so I will be bak :classic:.

No probs. I'm in no hurry anyway.

Kaitlin
16-02-2005, 07:40 PM
6.Nc3... -> my :alien: radar said you might do that..building building,
so I know my move already and its 'a6'

6.Nc6....a6

Rincewind
16-02-2005, 07:54 PM
6.Nc6[should be Nc3]....a6

7.Bd3

Kaitlin
17-02-2005, 09:39 AM
I decided to release a Bishop too :), though into a hotter spot than yours went.. I hope mines got his work boots on cause hes feet might get burned...

7.Bd3....Bg4

ursogr8
17-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Baz

That nice Kaitlin is very chatty.
It would be nice to hear your views on some of the moves? :uhoh:

starter

Rincewind
17-02-2005, 05:43 PM
7.Bd3....Bg4

8.a3

Kaitlin
18-02-2005, 11:08 AM
8.a3

hmmm hmmp, i c..... a 'a3' huh, well then I will have to go a.. mmm :hmm:... Q to d7

8. a3.....Qd7 :classic:

Rincewind
18-02-2005, 05:50 PM
8. a3.....Qd7 :classic:

9. o-o

Kaitlin
20-02-2005, 01:09 PM
9. o-o

Hi Barry

I have to be quick in case there is thunder and I get the 'turn that computer off before it blows up'.... but there isnt any thunder its only raining and I luv all rainy days but I would luv a rainy day without the possibility of thunder bestest of all :classic:

Anywhoo heres my move before I forget...

9. o-o.....Nh6

catch ya :)

Rincewind
20-02-2005, 08:53 PM
9. o-o.....Nh6

10. Qc2

Board time...

1.Nf3 d5 2.c4 d4 3.e3 dxe3 4.fxe3 Nc6 5.d4 f6 6.Nc3 a6 7.Bd3 Bg4 8.a3 Qd7 9.O-O Nh6 10.Qc2 *

Kaitlin
22-02-2005, 08:33 AM
10. Qc2

<--:eek: looks like it could be the beginnings of a sneeky mannuver, still I was going to be brave with a pre-emptive but after long thinkings I der'd out of being brave... :(

so... (switchy move)

10. Qc2....0-0-0

Rincewind
23-02-2005, 07:55 AM
10. Qc2....0-0-0

Interesting position now. Opposite side castling, etc.

11. Be4

ursogr8
23-02-2005, 08:02 AM
^
Baz

Not quite the breezy annotation to match Caketin's a sneeky mannuver, but better than nothing. ;)

starter

Kaitlin
24-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Interesting position now. Opposite side castling, etc.

11. Be4

Yep...:classic:, now all I have to do is feign an attack on this side and then switch back to the other side without you noticeing :ermm:... piece of pie..maybe, well it might be if I wasn't squished up my end of the board.

oh and again :depress: I forgot to put my move yesterday, I got sidetracked cause they were talking about chess21 site in the shoutbox and on my old computer (old cause I dont have it here to use yet) I had a different site which I found when that Lenko and Kra??ick game was on, I found it through the site that game was on. I havent for months (cause I havent had my computer) but I used to sometimes play on the msn site and this other one 'VOGclub'. I like them better than chess21 cause at chess21 you have to pay and if you dont pay you can't talk :(. Oh my move :lick:.... before I forget

11. Be4....Na5

:classic:.... now the waiting game :)

ursogr8
24-02-2005, 04:49 PM
^
hmm
:hmm:
I wonder if that is what fg7 calls linear argument?

Keep it up Kaitlin. Very interesting.

starter

Rincewind
24-02-2005, 07:02 PM
11. Be4....Na5

12.Na4

I'll wait too and see who cracks first. ;)

Kaitlin
25-02-2005, 08:05 AM
12.Na4

<----That was a mega sneeky move :bandit:

I'll have to contra wif

12. Na4....e6

:classic:

Rincewind
25-02-2005, 06:01 PM
<----That was a mega sneeky move :bandit:

You've seen through my sneeky manouver. So I'll have to move to plan 9.

12. Na4....e6

13.Bd2

Kaitlin
28-02-2005, 01:42 PM
I'll have to move to plan 9.
<- plan 9 :dead:

Im sticking to my orginal plan 'feign an attack on this side and then switch back to the other side without you noticing ;)... '

..but since you dont look like your ever going to get around to moving that other k'N'ight, Im going to move it for you :classic: ( see how nice I am :cheeky: )

13.Bd2...BxNf3

Rincewind
28-02-2005, 07:44 PM
13.Bd2...BxNf3

14. Bxf3

OK that's one knight I don't have to worry about moving. ;) Now how about your knight out on a5? Any more delaying tactics or is it time he galloped off into the sunset?

Kaitlin
01-03-2005, 06:50 AM
14. Bxf3

OK that's one knight I don't have to worry about moving. ;) Now how about your knight out on a5? Any more delaying tactics or is it time he galloped off into the sunset?

:idea:.... How did you know I was going to move him next :cheeky:

14.Bxf3....Nc6

Rincewind
01-03-2005, 08:58 AM
:idea:.... How did you know I was going to move him next :cheeky:

Intuition. But this move you have a wide choice. No predictions from me.

14.Bxf3....Nc6

15. Rad1

(move# mod 5 == 0 -> board time)

1.Nf3 d5 2.c4 d4 3.e3 dxe3 4.fxe3 Nc6 5.d4 f6 6.Nc3 a6 7.Bd3 Bg4 8.a3 Qd7 9.O-O Nh6 10.Qc2 O-O-O 11.Be4 Na5 12.Na4 e6 13.Bd2 Bxf3 14.Bxf3 Nc6 15.Rad1

Kaitlin
01-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Intuition. But this move you have a wide choice. No predictions from me.

15. Rad1

Arrrh... not options, options give me a headache, oh wait that options are ok.. just wat I was waiting for.. time to switch atak sides :ninja:

15. Rad1...Nd4

:classic: ...see Im being nicer to you, not giving you lots and lots of options so you dont get a headache :cheeky:

Oh and Mr Psykic the "if you dont move that horse then next move you won't have it" dose not equal 'Intuition' :rolleyes:... guys should just stick to just trying to 'guess' :cheeky:. I couldnt find a sarkastic smiley face for the "... How did you know I was going to move him next" but you knew I would move him anyways silly... and if it did come to an options I was going to save him first anywho too.

And thanks for the ' this move you have lots of choices' but I will only use one :) (now you have me being silly)... I wonder if your Intuition predicted the one I did pik :cheeky:

arosar
01-03-2005, 02:57 PM
And let me also say that this here game is an absolute must-read.

AR

ursogr8
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
^
I agree AR.
And if you give encouragement to that nice Mr Bazza, then every now and then he comes out of his shell and meets his obligations. ;)

starter

Rincewind
01-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Arrrh... not options, options give me a headache, oh wait that options are ok.. just wat I was waiting for.. time to switch atak sides :ninja:

15. Rad1...Nd4

Argh! The idea of Rad1 was to stop Nd4. Now I am worried... :paranoid:

:classic: ...see Im being nicer to you, not giving you lots and lots of options so you dont get a headache :cheeky:

No, I think I am honour-bound to accept that knight but let me go home from uni to check it out on a board. :hmm:

Oh and Mr Psykic the "if you dont move that horse then next move you won't have it" dose not equal 'Intuition' :rolleyes:... guys should just stick to just trying to 'guess' :cheeky:. I couldnt find a sarkastic smiley face for the "... How did you know I was going to move him next" but you knew I would move him anyways silly... and if it did come to an options I was going to save him first anywho too.

Hey, intuition != psychic. I'm a card-carrying skeptic remember. Anyway, my "intutition" explanation was toungue-in-cheek anyway, as this board is practically bereft of appropriate smilies we'll both have to start reading between the lines. :eek:

And thanks for the ' this move you have lots of choices' but I will only use one :) (now you have me being silly)... I wonder if your Intuition predicted the one I did pik :cheeky:

No. I would have picked it before Rad1 but now I'm not so sure. Time to go into a huddle. :nervous:

Rincewind
01-03-2005, 05:29 PM
15. Rad1...Nd4

I think everything is OK so let's see what you have planned.

16. exd4

if 16... Qxd4+, then 17.Kh1

Kaitlin
02-03-2005, 08:49 AM
I think everything is OK so let's see what you have planned.

16. exd4

if 16... Qxd4+, then 17.Kh1

:eek: I didnt have anything planned after 'feign an attack on this side and then switch back to the other side without you noticing ... '. Well I did a little bit but your horse which I moved for you and your bishop and your queen were just being too annoying. It would have been good if I could have got my other kNight up so I didnt have to take your scungy pawn wif my Queen, but I just felt like zapping ya anyways after your Rad1cal castle move :cheeky:... so I guess I'll just have to zap it wif my Queen.

16.exd4...Qxd4

...there its deaded :smoker:

Now...

17.Kh1...Ng4

..you wer'ent suppost to get more of my guys in this manuver than I got of your but hopefully I will make you squirm a bit if you do :ponder:

Rincewind
02-03-2005, 10:46 AM
16.exd4...Qxd4

...there its deaded :smoker:

Now...

17.Kh1...Ng4

..you wer'ent suppost to get more of my guys in this manuver than I got of your but hopefully I will make you squirm a bit if you do :ponder:

Taking that knight seems sensible but while things are still in a state of flux - time for a uber sneaky chess-ninja move. :ninja:

18.Bf4

As some of the old guys at my chess club would say, shak. (Your queen is 'in check').

ursogr8
02-03-2005, 11:22 AM

Taking that knight seems sensible but while things are still in a state of flux - time for a uber sneaky chess-ninja move. :ninja:

18.Bf4

As some of the old guys at my chess club would say, shak. (Your queen is 'in check').

You are getting to be quite good at this annotation stuff Baz. Well done.
Have you got the wherewithall to add 'needle' with disguise?

starter

Kaitlin
02-03-2005, 04:06 PM
You never move where your suppost to :( .....and eek :eek: hmmm :depress:

I cant even contra said 'uber sneaky chess-ninja move' by moving my Queen out of the way (and killing that Bishop at the same time or anywhere else)... I guess thats the leathal ninja bit huh :eek:. I knew I didnt like that Bishop on the black squares for a resaon :mad:

I guess I will just have to settle for a subdue wif a kNight to e3

18.Bf4...Ne3

And next time im not trusting you to do what seems sensible then ok ...:eh:

arosar
02-03-2005, 04:12 PM
I cant even contra said 'uber sneaky chess-ninja move'

But you can say 'uber sneeky chess-samurai move'.

AR

Kaitlin
02-03-2005, 04:25 PM
But you can say 'uber sneeky chess-samurai move'.

AR

Not in these socks, I might slip over :P... hehe :)

ursogr8
02-03-2005, 04:46 PM
:<snip> but I just felt like zapping ya anyways after your Rad1cal castle move :cheeky:... so I guess I'll just have to zap it wif my Queen.

<snip>:

hey Caketin

I just want to say I am in total awe of a mind that makes the creative leap to this word. :clap:

starter

Rincewind
02-03-2005, 07:20 PM
You never move where your suppost to :( .....and eek :eek: hmmm :depress:

That depends on whether you rely on intuition or psychic ability.

I cant even contra said 'uber sneaky chess-ninja move' by moving my Queen out of the way (and killing that Bishop at the same time or anywhere else)... I guess thats the leathal ninja bit huh :eek:. I knew I didnt like that Bishop on the black squares for a resaon :mad:

I guess I will just have to settle for a subdue wif a kNight to e3

This move worried me a lot. Ne3 forks 2 rooks and my queen. How much work can one knight do? The trick is your queen is still 'in shak'. So I'll preserve my consort and see how you are going to save yours...

18.Bf4...Ne3

19.Qb3

'shak'.

I've been doing boards every 5 moves but as there is so much happening I can't wait one more move. So here is the board, 1 move early.

1.Nf3 d5 2.c4 d4 3.e3 dxe3 4.fxe3 Nc6 5.d4 f6 6.Nc3 a6 7.Bd3 Bg4 8.a3 Qd7 9.O-O Nh6 10.Qc2 O-O-O 11.Be4 Na5 12.Na4 e6 13.Bd2 Bxf3 14.Bxf3 Nc6 15.Rad1 Nxd4 16.exd4 Qxd4+ 17.Kh1 Ng4 18.Bf4 Ne3 19.Qb3 *

Kaitlin
03-03-2005, 09:07 AM
That depends on whether you rely on intuition or psychic ability.

This move worried me a lot. Ne3 forks 2 rooks and my queen. How much work can one knight do? The trick is your queen is still 'in shak'. So I'll preserve my consort and see how you are going to save yours...

19.Qb3

Hmph... I just noticed I colored in the wrong squares on my chess board. Because its one of them glass ones it was hard to see which squares were white and which ones supposed to be black so I got a texter and turned it over and coloured some in, cause now on the PNG board it wasnt the bishop on the black squares (like on my board) that was annoying me, its the one on the white squares. And I cant even just turn my board half around cause I put A to h and 1 to 8 along the sides and then that would be wrong and I used permanent marker :doh:

And for the... "That depends on whether you rely on intuition or psychic ability".. looks like intiution only works on people who are sensible and do what seems sensible :cheeky: ha. I guess I will have to find where I left my psychic ability last time I used it :lick: hehe. oh.. when I used to play on MSN GameZone I used to always put on my 'chess playing hat' (its a straw cowboy hat I got from country music not last year the year before), I wonder where I put that :hmm:

So...19.Qb3 hmm....

I think will be ok (apart form the fact you ended up wif one extra good guy than me)....

19.Qb3... Nd1

'un shak'd'

Rincewind
03-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Hmph... I just noticed I colored in the wrong squares on my chess board. Because its one of them glass ones it was hard to see which squares were white and which ones supposed to be black so I got a texter and turned it over and coloured some in, cause now on the PNG board it wasnt the bishop on the black squares (like on my board) that was annoying me, its the one on the white squares. And I cant even just turn my board half around cause I put A to h and 1 to 8 along the sides and then that would be wrong and I used permanent marker :doh:

If the board is glass you should be able to get it off with some thinner like terps.

And for the... "That depends on whether you rely on intuition or psychic ability".. looks like intiution only works on people who are sensible and do what seems sensible :cheeky: ha. I guess I will have to find where I left my psychic ability last time I used it :lick: hehe. oh.. when I used to play on MSN GameZone I used to always put on my 'chess playing hat' (its a straw cowboy hat I got from country music not last year the year before), I wonder where I put that :hmm:

It will be home somewhere. Afterall, 'where ever you put your hat, that's your home' (or is that 'your psychic ability'?). :classic:

19.Qb3... Nd1

20.Qxb7+

real check for a change

if 20...Kd7 (not like there is an option) then 21. Rxd1 ('shak')
and then if 21...Qxd1+ then 22.Bxd1

ursogr8
03-03-2005, 05:04 PM
^
Sorry to interrupt
Just remind me again....what is the symbol for a draw offer? ;)

Kaitlin
04-03-2005, 09:44 AM
20.Qxb7+

real check for a change

if 20...Kd7 (not like there is an option) then 21. Rxd1 ('shak')
and then if 21...Qxd1+ then 22.Bxd1

Arrr :sad: you werent suposta do that...

When I woked up this morning I got the chess board and had a think and..... eeep :eek: Im in deep shak.
But I did think of one sneeky move (no good now) but I was thinking you would have done Rxd1 move first (since that is the sensible move)... if you had did it I would have done Bb4. I think if I had made anyother move I would have been deaded very quick.. like I probably will be :( (see below).

..but trust you not to make the seem sensible move and make the Qxb7 one first :crosseye:... now I will have to go and have another think :confused:

brb

ps... This could be the first game I ever resigned from :)... in GameZone I never resigned.. I used to make them chase me all over the board until they zapped my King (yeah I was a bit annoying huh :cheeky: and Beamy Garfeild used to hate it but Bea didnt mind too much). --But now I know if you truley cant win its more polite to resign :angel:

Rincewind
04-03-2005, 11:16 AM
ps... This could be the first game I ever resigned from :)... in GameZone I never resigned.. I used to make them chase me all over the board until they zapped my King (yeah I was a bit annoying huh :cheeky: and Beamy Garfeild used to hate it but Bea didnt mind too much). --But now I know if you truley cant win its more polite to resign :angel:

When to resign is a tricky question and one which is partially of personal taste. A lot of players do not resign when they first begin playing which may not be a bad thing as they can learn how to win, won games.

In this position it is not unreasonable to not resign as there are mate in one threats you could generate against my king and so it is possible to swindle something.

Kaitlin
06-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Hi.. Im bak :classic:
Everytime I put brb..someting happens, on Friday we had a blackout so I couldnt use the computer and I even missed out on voteing in the poll too :(, and yesterday we went and watched the sheep dog trials which were ok I guess...they had some cute puppies there :D and we didnt get bak till late but Im bak now :).

In this position it is not unreasonable to not resign as there are mate in one threats you could generate against my king and so it is possible to swindle something.
mmm resign is one of the options you have leaved me, maybe even the seem sensible option but you cant be sneeky if you do the seem sensible all the time, so Im not doing it :cheeky:

but I will do all these moves..

20.Qxb7+.....Kd7 ( like I had an option.. hmph )
21.Rxd1 .....Qxd1+
and then for
22.Bxd1......Rc8

Rincewind
06-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi.. Im bak :classic:

Glad to hear it. Posting on a weekend too.

Everytime I put brb..someting happens, on Friday we had a blackout so I couldnt use the computer and I even missed out on voteing in the poll too :(, and yesterday we went and watched the sheep dog trials which were ok I guess...they had some cute puppies there :D and we didnt get bak till late but Im bak now :).

Cute puppies?!? Shouldn't they have been tried in juvenile court?

mmm resign is one of the options you have leaved me, maybe even the seem sensible option but you cant be sneeky if you do the seem sensible all the time, so Im not doing it :cheeky:

That's right. Your opponent will usually expect the sensible, so sneakiness often requires something which does not seem sensible. ;)

20.Qxb7+.....Kd7 ( like I had an option.. hmph )
21.Rxd1 .....Qxd1+
and then for
22.Bxd1......Rc8

Unfortunately, this time there is a good reason why Rc8 is not sensible...

23.Nb6+

Kaitlin
07-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately, this time there is a good reason why Rc8 is not sensible...

23.Nb6+

:(.... yep, I turned the computer off and as soon as I went and put the move on the chess board eek :eek:... I knew it was a suxy move :(. I was even tempted to come bak and edit it to change it but that wouldnt have been the right thing to do but I did stamp my feet a few times ( I think im starting to not like losing hehe :ponder: ) . So anywho I will just have to cept't it as a suxy move and my next move will have to be the dreaded 'resign' move cause I will only end up with two good guys and prob wont get them both out with out losing one :( and you still have four good guys so my lots of pawns wont help me very much.

But it was fun game and I lernt that I should have had both my kNights up before I zapded ya :cheeky:. And I lernt to remember 'N' is for kNights :wink:

So...

23.Nb6+....'me resigns'
24.1-0...... 'me :( '

Oh and I couldnt find any of that terps stuff... so I tried nail polish remover and it worked :), so now my chess board is proper :).... now all I have to do it get better at playing :)

Thanks for the game :)

ps Oh if we ever get to play again watch out cause I hold grudges hehe :)..but first I need to get better.

Rincewind
08-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Kaitlin,

Thanks for the game. I think under the present circumstances a resignation is not out of order. Also sorry for not responding sooner and thanking you for the game this was remiss of me.

I am intended to do some post mortem on the game which may include some ideas you might like to consider particularly when playing Black against the Reti. General comments are though you allowed white too free a hand in the centre, failed to complete development before commencing middle-game operations and finally made a couple of tactical mistakes which cost material unnecessarily. Not that my play was perfect, far from it, but I can't very well comment on my own play because if I could come up with a better move, I probably would have played it.

However, give me a chance and I will provide more specific comments when time permits. Certainly other posters will have better ideas than me and hopeful we might get comments from them too. But I probably need to say something wrong first before soliciting the right answer. ;)

Good luck with your future games.

Rincewind
09-03-2005, 09:36 PM
White: Rincewind
Black: Kaitlin
Opening: A09d
Notes by White (obviously)

1.Nf3 d5 2.c4 d4
{This move is OK but you have to be careful when moving pieces or
pawns more than once in an opening not to fall behind in development
of your other pieces. 2...c6 or e6 are also good moves here. }
3.e3 dxe3
{I think 3...Nc6 is better than this. 3...c5 is also playable, but
dxe3 is playing into White's game plan.}
( 3...Nc6 4.exd4 Nxd4 5.Nxd4 Qxd4 {and Black is fine} )
4.fxe3 Nc6 5.d4 f6
{Not sure where you were going with this move. It weakens your king
and hampers development of your knight. Perhaps you could explain.}
6.Nc3 a6
{This stops Nb5 but that is not a big threat anyway. You are better
trying to develop something 6...Bg4 would have been good.}
7.Bd3
{We are now at the sort of position of which Reti players dream. Nice
pieces, good central control. Too many pawn moves by Black have
allowed this.}
7...Bg4 8.a3
{This move is a litle dodgy but White is far enough ahead
developmentally to get away with it. I want to development my Queen to
c2 without any embarassing tricks with Nb4.}
8...Qd7 9.O-O Nh6 10.Qc2 O-O-O
{Risky move but not bad, per se. In these position the initiative is
very important and White is still ahead developmentally and the
a/b/c-pawns are ready to run. Black's f/g/h-pawns are blocked by
pieces which will also probably slow the attack.}
11.Be4
{This was one of many, many moves. It worked out well though I can't
prove it was objectively best.}
11... Na5
{I think you need to prepare to develop your bishop before making
moves like this. 11...e5 looks playable}
12.Na4
{Defends the pawn and threatens some horrible things with impending
Nc5}
12...e6 13.Bd2 Bxf3 14.Bxf3 Nc6 15.Rad1
{As I said the idea behind this move was to discourage your next move
as the bishop is now amply defended}
15...Nxd4
{Not sure of the best move for Black here but this is not it. There is
just insufficient compensation for the loss of knight and what's more
that was the one piece which was developed and defending your castled
position.}
16.exd4 Qxd4+ 17.Kh1 Ng4
{The hidden battery on your queen needs careful management. Ng4 would
be OK with more time but the position is now critical. It is only at
this position do the concrete tactics of the game begni to crystalise.
The first is the exploitation of the precarious Queen.}
18.Bf4 Ne3
{Tempting but unfortnuately doesn't quiet work.}
( 18...Qxf4 19.Bxb7+ Kxb7 20.Rxf4
Rxd1+ 21.Qxd1 Ne5 )
19.Qb3
{This was the final piece in the puzzle. White is out of trouble and
Black is in deep trouble. The rest is tactics from which there is no
defence anyway.}
19...Nxd1 20.Qxb7+ Kd7 21.Rxd1 Qxd1+ 22.Bxd1 Rc8
{Bad move as you realised on your own, but too late.}
( 22...Bd6 23.Bxd6 Kxd6 24.Bf3 {but this
still ultimately fails.} )
23.Nb6+ 1-0

I hope my comments encourage rather than discourage you and thanks again for the game.

eclectic
09-03-2005, 09:42 PM
I hope my comments encourage rather than discourage you and thanks again for the game.

where's the clicky thing that loads the board ?

ot are the icons slow loading?

;)

eclectic

Rincewind
10-03-2005, 05:54 PM
where's the clicky thing that loads the board ?

You might need to scroll down to see the button. ;)

Grendel
10-03-2005, 06:31 PM
You might need to scroll down to see the button. ;)

no, i can't see it either :hmm:

Rincewind
10-03-2005, 07:32 PM
no, i can't see it either :hmm:

OK. Click on the box and then press the down arrow key a few times. The text will scroll and the button appear, as if by magic :)

skip to my lou
10-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Fixed.

Rincewind
10-03-2005, 08:27 PM
OK. Click on the box and then press the down arrow key a few times. The text will scroll and the button appear, as if by magic :)

Or use the scroll bar STMP has now provided. :)

(PS Thanks STML)

Kaitlin
11-03-2005, 12:54 PM

:classic:.. I liked how you explained all the moves Barry, that was kewl of you. And I even looked up Reti on the net.. but if you dont put Reti chess as the search you get a starwars creature :rolleyes:. During our game you was able to make me feel squished up my end of the board and like you said too many pawn moves by me at he start did help me a lot and you was able to potential threats from everywhere :(. Thanks for doing the PNG (with comments).. Im going to go and read it again now :)

:) Kaitlin :)

arosar
11-03-2005, 02:02 PM
The public demands another duel with Kaitlin.

How about Kaitlin and, let's see, bobby1972??

AR

Rincewind
11-03-2005, 04:38 PM
How about Kaitlin and, let's see, bobby1972??

Kaitlin has already started another match with Lee.