PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Updates of Championship Results

adelaideuni
01-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi all,

We have rearranged some of our duties and I should be able to spare some time to inform people of how games are going etc. throughout the day from ~1pm to 7 pm.

The link is:

http://www.unichess.org/phpBB2/index.php

This is the www.unichess.org bulletin board so you can go to www.unichess.org and click on bulletin board if you wish.
Click on the Results Updates forum from 1pm (1:30 for Eastern states) and we will try our best to constantly keep everyone informed.

Thanks,

Alex and Andrew Saint
Championship Organisers

Feldgrau
01-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Where are the frequent updates? Not saying there not there, just can't see em, this new bulletin board is confusing me perhaps.

Hope the glitches sort themselves out so that I can watch multi live games" from one round some time soon.

When I try to load the chesskit livegames board I get the friendly "your settings have changed, to take effect you must restart your computer" _I'm paraphrasing that, but you know the message. Now since I have ADSL I haven't rebooted my comp for some time, should I?

I'm missing my fix of live games'

A simple though time intensive solution is just to have a runner relaying the moves from 10 or so boards to ICC, or any website.

skip to my lou
01-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Hey Feldgrau... you have the virus!! who is your ISP? This happened to me a month or so ago.. it would force a restart on your computer.

Feld, this has nothing to do with the site, but rather the virus on your system, I suggest you get the patch from your ISP or microsoft.

My ISP is iinet, and they had an announcement up within a few hours.

Feldgrau
01-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Oh yeh..

Today there were no games! Now that makes sense.

Hmm, holidaze are wearing me out.

Good to see Rogers lose a game, in the spirit of yeh I know he's good but it's boring when he always win (for me at least). I expect him to fight back and win though, I think Ian is much better when he is forced to abandon maximum safety/wimp mode.

Looked to me like Gary was a bit fortunate, his position looked horrible and it was probably too late for Ian by the time he realized he had no defense for blacks hackattack.

jenni
01-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi all,

We have rearranged some of our duties and I should be able to spare some time to inform people of how games are going etc. throughout the day from ~1pm to 7 pm.

The link is:

http://www.unichess.org/phpBB2/index.php

This is the www.unichess.org bulletin board so you can go to www.unichess.org and click on bulletin board if you wish.
Click on the Results Updates forum from 1pm (1:30 for Eastern states) and we will try our best to constantly keep everyone informed.

Thanks,

Alex and Andrew Saint
Championship Organisers

Thank-you very much Alex and Andrew - we will no doubt be glued to the computer screen from !:30 tomorrow, to the detriment of work, housework and parental interaction (non-chess), with children.

Seriously though it is a fantastic idea and very much appreciated.

Garvinator
01-01-2004, 11:27 PM
shock so far for most ppl would be that petra could have been second if she had not played Rh6. She was way ahead at that stage according to fritz.

Feldgrau
01-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Hmm, I have a virus I can't get rid off, had it for years, drains my bank account, constantly crashes my system. MSWindows. Very insidious.

I have ADSL through WestNet, what virus is that Karthik? Can you give me a file to check for or more info? Actually the program says it's loading and never gets any further.

skip to my lou
01-01-2004, 11:30 PM
yeah, The system is quite buggy, so I have put it now on HTML display.

Anyway, there was a virus that many ADSL users got, where it would try and perform an illegal network operation, so windows would kick in and shut down.

Feldgrau
01-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Thing you need to understand is that Trevor is like a souped up Solomonster, he is really scary. He doesn't get fazed like normal players do by cruddy positions, he is just all remorseless logic and calculation. Makes it very tough to beat the guy, no matter how good your position is.

Trevor's one of those players that makes me realize I have no talent for chess :)

Kevin Bonham
02-01-2004, 01:51 AM
shock so far for most ppl would be that petra could have been second if she had not played Rh6. She was way ahead at that stage according to fritz.

Yes, it looks like she was winning that one although it was not going to be easy. One tactical oversight while going too hard for the win and bam! game over. Bit of a reverse after that scramble against Johansen in round 2. Big swindle for Tao in that one but it will be interesting to see how far he goes with a nice start on the board.

Rogers-Lane 33.Nc8 looks like where it all fell apart - did he miss the nasties, think he had nothing better or was it time trouble (seems unlikely that early in the game). Lane seemed OK by that stage despite those shocking pawns. Must be a big sigh of relief from Darryl who has now been held to three draws - all of them hard-fought - and would really not have been well served by spotting Rogers another half point had Ian won again. A one point lead with eight rounds to go for Gary means nothing unless he plays at his best - remember last time Gluzman was 1.5 points in front of Johansen after beating him in round 6 but finished up a point off the pace.

Zhao-Canfell: ouch. Normally find Greg on the winning side of something like that, as in his round 1 game.

Bill Gletsos
03-01-2004, 11:42 AM
In Rogers-Lane 33. Qe2 seems to hold.

Sutek
03-01-2004, 12:26 PM
In Rogers-Lane 33. Qe2 seems to hold.

After 33.Qe2 black is probably still a bit better after 33...Bxf2!?+ but you are right 33.Qe2 is a lot better then 33.Nc8??

5k2/4Np1p/p2p1p2/1p1P3r/1P4q1/P5P1/2R1Qb1P/6K1 w - - 0 34

Sutek
03-01-2004, 12:34 PM

Yes, it looks like she was winning that one although it was not going to be easy. One tactical oversight while going too hard for the win and bam! game over. Bit of a reverse after that scramble against Johansen in round 2. Big swindle for Tao in that one but it will be interesting to see how far he goes with a nice start on the board.

Rogers-Lane 33.Nc8 looks like where it all fell apart - did he miss the nasties, think he had nothing better or was it time trouble (seems unlikely that early in the game). Lane seemed OK by that stage despite those shocking pawns. Must be a big sigh of relief from Darryl who has now been held to three draws - all of them hard-fought - and would really not have been well served by spotting Rogers another half point had Ian won again. A one point lead with eight rounds to go for Gary means nothing unless he plays at his best - remember last time Gluzman was 1.5 points in front of Johansen after beating him in round 6 but finished up a point off the pace.

Zhao-Canfell: ouch. Normally find Greg on the winning side of something like that, as in his round 1 game.

Greg normally plays the King's Indian Defence against 1.d4 and the number of times he's been on the black side of the QGD probably could be counted on one hand.

But you are right he's usually on the white side of this sort of attack :)

PHAT
03-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Is anyone watching the Levi-Lane on Board 1

Kevin Bonham
03-01-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm watching it now if anyone wants to post here or chat on chesskit. 25.Rxa1 just played. Messy position.

skip to my lou
03-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Whats your username on play chess?

Kevin Bonham
03-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Sleepycat. (You know now, just for anyone else who wonders.)

Is everyone off watching Australia get pasted in the cricket?

skip to my lou
03-01-2004, 03:50 PM
:D I am

Rincewind
03-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Is everyone off watching Australia get pasted in the cricket?

No, I was at the pool with the kids. 5/650 at stumps. I don't think India could possibly lose from here, but can they win (considering a draw is sufficient to retain the Border-Gaviskar Cup)?

I am

That's enough of that. :D

chesslover
03-01-2004, 07:34 PM
anyone know where I can find the results of the ACC for today who can tell meplease?

:?

skip to my lou
03-01-2004, 08:18 PM
unichess.org

Garvinator
03-01-2004, 08:30 PM
how many times does that type of question need to be answered :x