PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Updates of Championship Results

adelaideuni
01-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Hi all,

We have rearranged some of our duties and I should be able to spare some time to inform people of how games are going etc. throughout the day from ~1pm to 7 pm.

The link is:

http://www.unichess.org/phpBB2/index.php

This is the www.unichess.org bulletin board so you can go to www.unichess.org and click on bulletin board if you wish.
Click on the Results Updates forum from 1pm (1:30 for Eastern states) and we will try our best to constantly keep everyone informed.

Thanks,

Alex and Andrew Saint
Championship Organisers

biggles
02-01-2004, 02:54 PM
For the life of me I cannot find any live games on this site. Where the hell is the events button?

skip to my lou
02-01-2004, 03:01 PM
The organizers from adelaide are not transmitting the games, therefore it can't be displayed in the HTML format. If you want game moves, then check the unichess forums.

Bill Gletsos
02-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Even that seems to have come to a grinding halt. There hasnt been an update for 45 mins.

Kevin Bonham
02-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Can anyone make sense of the score of board 2 Zhao-Levi as posted? I'm lost on move 17.

Bill Gletsos
02-01-2004, 05:54 PM
yes 17. should be Ng3

jenni
02-01-2004, 06:48 PM
It was really good to get the results as they happened. Thank-you!

adelaideuni
02-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience today. I apologise for the 50 min delay but the internet disconnected in the Championships room itself and we were trying to get back on for a while without success. I then had to go to a room 500 m away from the venue to keep you guys updated. This is the reason for the extra delay.

The reason for the errors in the moves was that i was not able to see the games played due to this running back and forth.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you and hopefully the live game should work tomorrow.

Tomorrow I probably won't do that again because it was a bit too exhausting. However, if for some reason the live game doesn't work, I will definitely.

The results will always be posted up as they come in. Other games might be depending on whether the internet works in the Championships room itself.

Thanks for your consideration.

Alex Saint
Championship Organiser