PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming NSWCA Tournaments

JackRodgers
11-03-2021, 10:02 AM
Hey NSW players/organisers,

Is there any word on upcoming NSWCA tournaments such as the City of Sydney Rapid and Blitz and NSW Open? There aren't currently any tournaments listed on the website and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Most of the other states have gone back to normal play but we seem to be a little slow.

Just curious.

ER
11-03-2021, 10:38 AM
Good question Jack and ditto from me too.
I can organise business trips to NSW to coincide with tournaments held there

Well I checked out NSWCA webpage (which usually IS my friend), and got some help.
I will check out the Clubs list provided one by one and see what their plans are!

Encouraging is the fact that Rooty Hills continue their tournament activities unperturbed! (thanks Adamski)

Adamski
13-03-2021, 08:07 AM
All the credit for Rooty Hill tournaments carrying on during Covid should go to our hard working President, Peter Cassettari, who.put together a comprehensive Covid safe plan which was accepted. We play wearing masks.

Beat43210
13-03-2021, 08:21 AM
With several venues returning to social gatherings/tournament play, we might see a return of tournaments in the NSWCA circuit sooner rather than later!

That being said, I'm not aware of anything so I'll just sit tight and hope for the best for now (at least Doeberl is keeping me occupied!)

JackRodgers
13-03-2021, 08:21 AM
@adamski Indeed some of the NSW clubs have made every effort for tournaments to go-ahead especially with Covid now non-existent in the state including Rooty Hill and Norths, it is just very strange that no NSWCA weekender tournaments or rapid/blitz tournaments, that usually would have been played in March have not been addressed. Have just seen the ACF newsletter and it is very sad to see all the other states with multiple tournaments lined up but NSW currently has none. No announcements as of yet.

Adamski
13-03-2021, 01:37 PM
Muso Jack, I am pretty sure NSWCA will be addressing this soon. I expect a tournament on the June long weekend, if not earlier.

Alana
17-03-2021, 07:57 PM
Speaking to someone from the NSWCA a few weeks ago, they are keen for chess in Sydney to go back again, but currently a lot of venues have restrictions on numbers so very hard to confirm something. Hopefully with NSW easing restrictions more and more, they should be able to get something going in the near future, or at least by the June long weekend!