PDA

View Full Version : Ian Rogers Tournament

Oepty
06-01-2005, 05:30 PM
IN discussion about Mt Buller Ian Rogers said he was going to be playing in a GM tournament in Augsburg starting 27th of December. Does anyone know where I might find the results of the tournament?
Scott

jay_vee
06-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any internet coverage at all... At least, I could find hardly anything, and I think I know my way around the german chess scene fairly well...

All I can tell you is that the tournament is apparently sponsored by the Accor hotel group (...), its official name is "Ibis-Accor-Augsburg Int. GM-Turnier", and after ten of eleven rounds (last round today) GM Rogers is on 6 pts in joint 2nd place with GM Atalik, a full point behind GM Rozentalis.

Other players: Olaf Heinzel, Gregory Pitl, Lotte Arnold, Christoph Renner, Helmut Wolfsteiner, Ferenc Langheinrich, Tibor Reiss (and 2 others...). Don't know titles or ratings of these, though apparently there are no other GMs playing.

jenni
06-01-2005, 07:22 PM
According to an e-mail I had from Ian there is no web page.

jay_vee
07-01-2005, 03:51 AM
Winner is Rozentalis at 7.5/11, ahead of Rogers and Atalik. IM norms for Olaf Heinzel and Gregory Pitl.

Oepty
07-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Thank you for the information jay_vee and jenni