PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Document library

Spiny Norman
01-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Hi STML, et al,

As part of the process of getting Croydon Chess started I am gradually putting together a bunch of document templates for things like:

- club policies, for privacy (use of membership data), police checks (for people running junior programs), and so on
- weekly banking sheet
- club brochure (incl. membership application)
- club calendar
- council grant application(s) + simple budget sheets
- QuickBooks template
- membership database in Excel
- meeting minutes
- useful images
- tournament entry form
- tournament guidelines
- premises setup/packup
- etc

Does anyone see any value in putting together a library of resources that clubs can use to share these ideas/documents around? I do, so am wondering whether I am alone in this?

Q. Does such a resource already exist, either at national, state or even club level?

We would be more than happy to provide our templates to be shared by others, I just need to know where/who to provide them to.

If no such resource exists, I propose that we create one. It can either be hosted here by STML, or if he is too tied up with other stuff for the foreseeable future to put it together then perhaps we can host it at Croydon Chess' site.

In terms of access/content control I would suggest that each affiliated club nominate one person as their point of contact for contributions to the library of documents. In terms of accessing/downloading that content, I see no reason why it can't be open slather to the public.

Comments welcomed.

skip to my lou
03-01-2005, 02:11 PM
So you are suggesting that clubs type in their details and all the documents are generated?

Spiny Norman
03-01-2005, 06:51 PM
So you are suggesting that clubs type in their details and all the documents are generated?

Heck no, nothing so grand as that ... just a simple one-page wonder to start with. A list of available documents, by category (e.g. finance, policies, tournaments, membership, marketing, etc). Just needs someone to receive the incoming files from "recognised contributors" at each club, put the document in the right location on the server, then update the index page with a link to download it.

Once downloaded they can edit in their own details, replace graphics, etc.