PDA

View Full Version : NSWCA - One on One with your Prez

Pages : [1] 2

arosar
01-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Yo Bill - I got a bit of a question for you mate.

Remember Elton - from Mongolia? Well, he's starting a chess club in Mongolia. He wants to buy some old chess clocks - preferably reliables ones. So I was thinking maybe you could sell him the old BHB's. Or give to him. Possible?

AR

Bill Gletsos
01-01-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure what we will do with our non digital clocks. Maybe there are some NSW clubs who could use them. I will raise it at the January Council meeting.

arosar
01-01-2004, 06:18 PM
He only needs about 5 Bill. He's willing to pay, but not by much - say, $20 - $30 per clock.

AR

arosar
06-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Yo Bill, I've been asked to be NSW delegate at the conference - is this possible? Haven't decided yet if I should play in rapid or go to Glenelg or go to conference.

AR

Bill Gletsos
06-01-2004, 07:09 PM
I dont believe thats possible.

The nominations for Conference delegates had to be in by dec 31st and I know you were not one of them.

Who asked you?

Bob1
06-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Bill
Nice to see the new council trying new ideas.
Aust Day weekender GP3 (great prize money offered!)
New format for City of Sydney.

I wonder if you can ask the council to review the policy on loan of the NSWCA equipment.

As I understand the current policy.
a: $1000 bond.
b: $100 fee for usage. (waived if all entrants are NSWCA members)
c: $40 transport fee.
d: Replacement of lost equipment.

(A) I personally have a problem with as it seems like a big number that organisers (particulary for small budget events) will be discouraged by trying to overcome - ( although I acknowledge that the NSWCA have been reasonably flexible enough with me to still run 2 events at Fairfield.)

(B) I agree with the principle - but I would prefer that affiliated clubs are able to negotiate a discount. (dependant on entry fees & entrants and type of event)

(C) Totally Agree.

(D) I have now fallen foul of this offence and have made appropriate restitution (the cheque is in the mail!) - painful learning experience.

Bill Gletsos
06-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Bob, The council discussed this at length when I got them to agree to loan the Clocks to Matt.

(A) This was given serious consideration by Council. If for some reason a significant number of clocks were lost then $1000 fee may not come close to covering it. I really doubt this will be changed.

(B) & (C) Actually it is my understanding that these are combined.

i.e. The usage/transport fee is $100. If all your entrants are NSWCA or NSWJCL members then the fee is $40.

Send me a PM and we can discuss it in relation to Fairfield.

arosar
07-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Thanks for your reply Bill. That makes the choices easier for me then. I had a feeling that I had to have been selected/nominated and not just picked off for convenience.

AR

arosar
12-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Transfered this bit from Non-Chess:

I'll raise it at the next Council meeting.

BTW can you fix up your posts as what looks like your quote is in fact mostly mine. You must have messed up your editing.

Bill, don't forget my issue with the old BHB's for Mongolia OK. Elton only needs about 5 or so. He'll pay up to $30. But cheaper if possible OK and free better.

AR

Paul S
25-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Hi Bill

I was at St George on Tuesday (with Charles Z away, I'm running the Summer Open there!). One of the Summer Open players gave me a completed NSWCA Opinion Survey which he asked me to pass on to the NSWCA (which I will pass onto the NSWCA soon - I notice the deadline for completed survey forms is 31/1/04).

I have not received a NSWCA Opinion Survey and it would appear that a lot of other NSW chess players have not got one either (as there has been no posts about it on the BB).

What did the NSWCA Council decide to do with the Survey? Were they only handed out to selected individuals? If so, why did some people get an Opinion Survey and others did not?

Paul

Bill Gletsos
25-01-2004, 02:34 AM
Hi Bill

I was at St George on Tuesday (with Charles Z away, I'm running the Summer Open there!). One of the Summer Open players gave me a completed NSWCA Opinion Survey which he asked me to pass on to the NSWCA (which I will pass onto the NSWCA soon - I notice the deadline for completed survey forms is 31/1/04).

I have not received a NSWCA Opinion Survey and it would appear that a lot of other NSW chess players have not got one either (as there has been no posts about it on the BB).

What did the NSWCA Council decide to do with the Survey? Were they only handed out to selected individuals? If so, why did some people get an Opinion Survey and others did not?

Paul

It is my understanding that the opinion surveys were emailed out along with membership renewals etc to those with email addresses.

For those with no email addresses there was an actual mailout.

skip to my lou
25-01-2004, 02:59 AM
Well.... I didn't get one.

Paul S
25-01-2004, 11:41 AM
I can't recall getting an Opinion Survey emailed to me (although I did get a NSWCA membership renewal emailed to me).

I'm not sure if Jeo was a NSWCA member last year (I suspect he wasn't). To those of you who were NSWCA members in 2003 and post on this BB (ie Bob, Amiel, Alex etc etc), did any of you guys get a NSWCA Opinion Survey emailed to you recently?

skip to my lou
25-01-2004, 12:34 PM
How do I find out if I was?

arosar
25-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Didn't get one either. Just email me a soft copy or upload the document on NSWCA site and I will download.

AR

Bill Gletsos
25-01-2004, 01:10 PM
I have sent an email to the council members asking if anyone knows how this may have happened.

Brian_Jones
25-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Didn't get one!

Bob1
25-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Nothing here either - let me know if I can help!

Bill Gletsos
25-01-2004, 03:28 PM
The mailout was supposed to include:
a) membership form
b) calendar
c) survey form
d) adverts for Australia day weekender and City of Sydney.

I assume you guys are only referring to missing survey forms and not the other stuff.

skip to my lou
25-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I didn't get anything

Bill Gletsos
25-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Thats probably because you were not a member.

skip to my lou
25-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Well have I ever been a member? I have never got anything from NSWCA.

Bill Gletsos
25-01-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm not the registar, so I would not know.

However I would have thought you would surely know if you had ever paid a NSWCA membership fee.

Aren't you a member of Rooty Hill Chess Club.

If so I suggest you ask the Rooty Hill President Peter Cassettari, who also happens to be the NSWCA Registrar.

skip to my lou
25-01-2004, 04:08 PM
I didn't play much last year though. Only a couple of games. Maybe thats why.

Bill Gletsos
25-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Ok, I've spoken to Peter Cassettari and it appears there has been a mix up with the sending out of the survey form via email to members. Peter had been forwarding the information to Lloyd Fell(no not that Lloyd Fell the other one ;) ) our Communications Officer and although the other information was sent out there was a mix up with the Survey form.

Expect to receive the survey form via email in the next couple of days.

The closing date for returning it will be extended to around Feb 20th.

On behalf of the NSWCA Council I apologise for the confusion.

Rincewind
25-01-2004, 07:14 PM
The mailout was supposed to include:
a) membership form
b) calendar
c) survey form
d) adverts for Australia day weekender and City of Sydney.

I assume you guys are only referring to missing survey forms and not the other stuff.

I received two emails from Lloyd. One was about the Aust Open and had the NSW Entry Form attached. (Which I haven't returned as yet due to a lack of printer at home but will get around to this week).

The other had three attachements a calendar, City of Sydney and Aust Day Weekender.

No survey, I obviously have an email address and have been a NSWCA member for the last few years at least.

Of course there is a chance I missed it for some reason. But we can't all be wrong, can we?

arosar
26-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Survey received via email.

AR

arosar
02-02-2004, 03:50 PM
How's Matty's chess centre thingie going Bill?

AR

arosar
04-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Hey Bill. Question mate. Other than email, do you communicate with NSWCA members via snail mail too? What is the frequency: one post a month, once every 2 months, quarterly?

AR

Bill Gletsos
04-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Hey Bill. Question mate. Other than email, do you communicate with NSWCA members via snail mail too? What is the frequency: one post a month, once every 2 months, quarterly?
There are only snail mail mail-outs to those that dont have email.

Membership forms cannot go out until after the AGM in case the fees are changed. That is why the calendar is put together in late November / early December so that it can go out via snail mail and email for the start of the new calendar year.

If a significant change is made to the calendar or their is a significant event then there will likely be other snail mail mail-outs. However at this stage none are currently planned.

Bill Gletsos
04-02-2004, 01:16 PM
How's Matty's chess centre thingie going Bill?
Nothing much happens over Dec/Jan with people on leave and away on holidays.
I would expect the members of the Chess Centre Committee to begin deliberations/discussions/meetings shortly.

arosar
12-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Bill - what's this I hear that the council is split on whether to have the States over at North Ryde or at the Bridge Centre? I hear you're particularly pushing for the Ryde one. I know Ryde is free, while the Bridge Centre is charging $75 per week. But c'mon mate, $75 bucks is cheap as!! I vote for the Bridge Centre. Having the tourn in the city, at a venue that can easily seat 200 makes a whole lotta sense to me. Of course, I don't know me facts yet - I just heard all this in the grapevine...

Fire away mate.

AR

Bill Gletsos
12-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Bill - what's this I hear that the council is split on whether to have the States over at North Ryde or at the Bridge Centre? I hear you're particularly pushing for the Ryde one. I know Ryde is free, while the Bridge Centre is charging $75 per week. But c'mon mate, $75 bucks is cheap as!! I vote for the Bridge Centre. Having the tourn in the city, at a venue that can easily seat 200 makes a whole lotta sense to me. Of course, I don't know me facts yet - I just heard all this in the grapevine...

Fire away mate.
The only facts are:
1) Its not really fair to say I'm pushing for the Ryde one. All I pointed out to some people was that the NSWCA Council late last year approved and booked Ryde-Eastwood for the State championship in starting in August. If its changed it doesnt worry me as I derive no benefit where its there or not.
2) Since then Ralph has looked at the possibility of holding it at the bridge centre.
3) I am fully aware what the Bridge Centre is like having arbiterd two State chamipionships there in the 90's. Last time I was at the bridge centre it couldnt comfortably hold 200 chessplayers. 200 bridge players maybe but they dont need room for boards/clocks and score sheets.
4) The Council is waiting to see what the feedback is from the opinion survey.
5) Some council members are concerned that the Bridge centre is not junior friendly.
6) The bridge centre is only available on Sundays from 6.30pm onwards. That may make for late finishes.
7) Although $75 doesnt sound much thats $75*9 = $675 extra that has to come out of somewhere(entry fees) which therefore effects whats left over for prize money.
8) The Council hasnt decided yet whether it will change to the Bridge centre or not.

arosar
26-02-2004, 04:26 PM
How goes the chess centre please?

AR

arosar
29-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey Bill, Bill . . . you there Bill? I just been down to the cafe Bill leisurely reading me paper and I just read in Parr's column about some NSW Team's Challenge. Mate, lemme say, whoever cooked up this idea deserves absolute thanks and congrats Bill. I reckon that's a fantastic idea mate. Now I gotta go a round up a coupla homies for a team. Sounds very exciting Bill! I never been so excited about a NSWCA tourn in me life. Sometimes you volunteers are just a bunch of f**kin' genii.

More info: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nswca/NSWTeams.htm

AR

Bill Gletsos
29-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey Bill, Bill . . . you there Bill? I just been down to the cafe Bill leisurely reading me paper and I just read in Parr's column about some NSW Team's Challenge. Mate, lemme say, whoever cooked up this idea deserves absolute thanks and congrats Bill. I reckon that's a fantastic idea mate. Now I gotta go a round up a coupla homies for a team. Sounds very exciting Bill! I never been so excited about a NSWCA tourn in me life. Sometimes you volunteers are just a bunch of f**kin' genii.

More info: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nswca/NSWTeams.htm

AR
Ralph deserves the credit for this happening.

PHAT
30-03-2004, 06:10 AM
How goes the chess centre please?

AR

A feasibility study will be ready for interested parties by about September. It should contain a number of options. eg, a city venue, a parramata venue, a non-profit plan, a comercial joint venture, a piss-up with strippers, et cetera. Then it will be up to NSWCA members at the next AGM to vote on what to do about it.

Garvinator
30-03-2004, 09:47 AM
eg, a city venue, a parramata venue, a non-profit plan, a comercial joint venture, a piss-up with strippers, et cetera.
i know which option matt will choose ;)

arosar
30-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Bill...another question mate. And everyone else, esp. NSWelsman, feel free to yap in.

What would you say are the suitable metrics for success for a chess org like NSWCA? I was thinking to start with something like increasing membership by 'X' percentage, or 'x' number of participants in a weekender, average number of participants, media mentions, of course staying in the black is an obvious one, maybe we could also add income. Can you help me with this Bill please? I'm serious. I've got something in mind you see.

AR

jenni
30-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Bill...another question mate. And everyone else, esp. NSWelsman, feel free to yap in.

What would you say are the suitable metrics for success for a chess org like NSWCA? I was thinking to start with something like increasing membership by 'X' percentage, or 'x' number of participants in a weekender, average number of participants, media mentions, of course staying in the black is an obvious one, maybe we could also add income. Can you help me with this Bill please? I'm serious. I've got something in mind you see.

AR
Eek!! This looks dangerously like AR is doing some volunteer work.

Chess Dad
30-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Eek!! This looks dangerously like AR is doing some volunteer work.

No he's got a consultancy proposal he wants to put to the NSWCA :) ;)

arosar
30-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Bloody smart-a.s.s. parents! :)

AR

chesslover
30-03-2004, 11:01 PM
A feasibility study will be ready for interested parties by about September. It should contain a number of options. eg, a city venue, a parramata venue, a non-profit plan, a comercial joint venture, a piss-up with strippers, et cetera. Then it will be up to NSWCA members at the next AGM to vote on what to do about it.

Daily Planet is the worlds only listed brothel. They are based in Melbourne, They are looking to expand into NSW. We could put a proposal to them for sharing chess premises with the sex workers.

Chess and sex will be finally be working hand in hand :eek:

PHAT
31-03-2004, 12:03 AM
We could put a proposal to them for sharing chess premises with the sex workers.

The brothel could pay rent in kind.
OPEN 1st 2 hours
2nd 1 hour
3rd 25 minutes

Junior 1st ....... well, I reckon some of them could do with another interest.

Garvinator
31-03-2004, 12:10 AM
OPEN 1st 2 hours
2nd 1 hour
3rd 25 minutes

unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view, some of the girls would be the same age as the juniors :eek:

chesslover
31-03-2004, 12:34 AM
OPEN 1st 2 hours
2nd 1 hour
3rd 25 minutes

:eek: :eek:

Open 1st is 2 Hours??? how much is that worth ;)

Bill Gletsos
31-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Chess and sex will be finally be working hand in hand :eek:
Given some of your stupid posts it would seem likely you had it well in hand at the time. :whistle:

PHAT
31-03-2004, 12:56 AM
:eek: :eek:

Open 1st is 2 Hours??? how much is that worth ;)

At standard rates ~$300, gets you a drug addicted waif with several STDs and fishmarket stench. Then again, a fat old boiler with too much jewlery and a snarl that would scare satan might cost you half the house and your super - if she found out.

arosar
01-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Bill, can you pls answer the last question I posed on the previous page?

AR

chesslover
01-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Given some of your stupid posts it would seem likely you had it well in hand at the time. :whistle:

funny and witty

had a lot of heartfelt chuckles mate

keep it up you are a regular comedian

just dont give up your day job dude

arosar
03-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey Bill - just thought I'd post this here on this forum cos most people pay attention here. Anyways, are we using some special set of rules regarding team play for 2moro mate? Now I know that team rules exist but will there be a quick primer before the start? I mean, I'm not clear for example on what the captain can and can't do.

AR

Paul S
15-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi Bill

What were the results of the NSWCA Opinion Survey?

arosar
15-04-2004, 04:56 PM
I got a question - which I'm sure Bill will know. What's the name of that chess collection at the NSW State Library Bill? Hope you know.

AR

ursogr8
15-04-2004, 05:14 PM
I got a question - which I'm sure Bill will know. What's the name of that chess collection at the NSW State Library Bill? Hope you know.

AR

AR
The VICTORIAN collection is super famous too. In a secure reading room. I have met some lovely people there.
starter

arosar
15-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Is one of 'em the Anderson collection or some such?

AR

ursogr8
15-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Is one of 'em the Anderson collection or some such?

AR

AR
Yes, that's the one in VIC.

Latrobe St, Melbourne.

arosar
16-04-2004, 01:12 PM
Hey Bill Gletsos -

I actually got a serious suggestion that I want Council to consider. I want to email it to you. Can I email it to work your work addy over at that Japanese place?

AR

Rincewind
16-04-2004, 01:16 PM
I actually got a serious suggestion that I want Council to consider. I want to email it to you. Can I email it to work your work addy over at that Japanese place?

That is, if he isn't too busy bludgeoning octogenarians, I suppose? :hmm:

Bill Gletsos
16-04-2004, 01:23 PM
That is, if he isn't too busy bludgeoning octogenarians, I suppose? :hmm:
Ha ha ha.
Or possibly out hunting geese. ;)

Bill Gletsos
16-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey Bill Gletsos -

AR
Just send it to my compuserve email address 76702.3153@compuserve.com.

Rincewind
16-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Ha ha ha.
Or possibly out hunting geese. ;)

I was going to suggest to AR that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar but I'm not sure it would help. It would appear he has adopted an idiom all his own and is running with it for all it's worth. Good for some light comic relief most of the time, when he's not infringing on copyrights. ;)

Garvinator
16-04-2004, 02:40 PM
at least one thing is for sure, geese wont be on the endangered or threatened species list any time soon and also that means bill can keep hunting :whistle: :whistle: :lol:

ursogr8
16-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Bill

While you are not my Prez, you probably know the answer.

How much much prize-money for the NSW OPEN?

regards
starter

Garvinator
16-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Bill

While you are not my Prez, you probably know the answer.

How much much prize-money for the NSW OPEN?

regards
starter
i know im not pres of nsw either, but since i can answer from the nsw website, here you go starter:

NSW OPEN PRIZEMONEY

Open 1st $1000, 2nd $700, 3rd $400, 4th $200

Rated 1800-1999 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $150

Rated 1600-1799 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $150

Rated 1400-1599 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $150

Rated under 1400 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $150

ursogr8
16-04-2004, 04:28 PM
i know im not pres of nsw either, but since i can answer from the nsw website, here you go starter:

NSW OPEN PRIZEMONEY

Open 1st $1000, 2nd $700, 3rd $400, 4th $200

Rated 1800-1999 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $150

Rated 1600-1799 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $150

Rated 1400-1599 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $150

Rated under 1400 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $150

why thank you gg''. :clap:

And just like CL.........good at getting stats from various sources

Garvinator
16-04-2004, 04:46 PM
bill, i sent you a pm a couple of days ago? did you get it? if you didnt i said that i am trying to find the december 2003 acf rating master list so i can update results for the grand prix, can you point me in the right direction or better stil send me the master list for dec 2003??

Bill Gletsos
16-04-2004, 07:25 PM
bill, i sent you a pm a couple of days ago? did you get it? if you didnt i said that i am trying to find the december 2003 acf rating master list so i can update results for the grand prix, can you point me in the right direction or better stil send me the master list for dec 2003??
You can get it from our mate Bob Keast.

Garvinator
16-04-2004, 07:28 PM
You can get it from our mate Bob Keast.
or you could send it to me at my email addy :whistle:

Bill Gletsos
16-04-2004, 07:37 PM
or you could send it to me at my email addy :whistle:
Or not. :whistle:
;)

Garvinator
16-04-2004, 07:40 PM
;)
well if you happen to do an email to me by mistake, ggrayggray@hotmail.com or garvingray@optusnet.com.au

Garvinator
16-04-2004, 07:51 PM
;)
hmm i just got some junk mail, sheesh i hope it aint those viagra emails again :p :doh:

Paul S
20-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi Bill

What were the results of the NSWCA Opinion Survey?

Looks like this question of mine got overlooked in the subsequent "off topic" posts on libraries and geese. :wall:

Any news on the results of the NSWCA Opinion Survey?

Lucena
02-05-2004, 03:27 PM
OPEN 1st 2 hours
2nd 1 hour
3rd 25 minutes

PLEASE! Where are the people who are meant to ensure the decency of this bulletin board?

Lucena
04-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
OPEN 1st 2 hours
2nd 1 hour
3rd 25 minutes

PLEASE! Where are the people who are meant to ensure the decency of this bulletin board?

well I think that long silence answers the question :)

jenni
04-05-2004, 04:29 PM

well I think that long silence answers the question :)

Well I had a little grin when I read your original quote, but viewed is more as a rhetorical question!

The whole idea of the moderators is to only step in, where major transgressions occur - otherwise leave it as a very robust and free-wheeling BB.

Lucena
04-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Well I had a little grin when I read your original quote, but viewed is more as a rhetorical question!

The whole idea of the moderators is to only step in, where major transgressions occur - otherwise leave it as a very robust and free-wheeling BB.

ok sorry jenni I had a feeling you were moderator on this thread actually. I was just hoping someone would get rid of Matt's post. Being relatively new to this bulletin board(though not quite as new as some might think), I guess I wasn't fully aware of what the protocol was regarding risque posts etc. which you have just explained to me.

jenni
04-05-2004, 05:23 PM
ok sorry jenni I had a feeling you were moderator on this thread actually. I was just hoping someone would get rid of Matt's post. Being relatively new to this bulletin board(though not quite as new as some might think), I guess I wasn't fully aware of what the protocol was regarding risque posts etc. which you have just explained to me.

Well if I followed my own standards, there would probably be quite a few posts I would shred :D

Garvinator
04-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Well if I followed my own standards, there would probably be quite a few posts I would shred :D
some might even be some of your own posts ;) :lol:

jenni
04-05-2004, 09:49 PM

I can get nasty (even vicious), but not I think obscene (not yet anyway :) )

Kevin Bonham
04-05-2004, 10:04 PM

We don't always read every post on every thread. If you want to complain about something use the ! button to report it as a "bad post". Then we all get an email about it and we can consider it.

As it is you've just greatly increased the work we have to do to remove that post by twice quoting it, so unless someone else is offended, I can't be bothered.

If you are offended by the content of a post, please find some other way to refer to it than by quoting it.

(You may just be joking, but even if so, others need to know ...)

Lucena
05-05-2004, 10:29 AM
We don't always read every post on every thread. If you want to complain about something use the ! button to report it as a "bad post". Then we all get an email about it and we can consider it.

As it is you've just greatly increased the work we have to do to remove that post by twice quoting it, so unless someone else is offended, I can't be bothered.

If you are offended by the content of a post, please find some other way to refer to it than by quoting it.

(You may just be joking, but even if so, others need to know ...)

Ok, ok Kevin I get the message :) and no I wasn't terribly offended by the post, I was just surprised by it and a little shocked that it was left in. now that Jenni has explained to me that this board is pretty liberal I guess it doesn't bother me that much

Lucena
05-05-2004, 10:53 AM

No none of Jenni's posts needs deleting... but that avatar...it's giving me the creeps! :evil: :eek: :eek: pray :)

Garvinator
05-05-2004, 11:17 AM
No none of Jenni's posts needs deleting... but that avatar...it's giving me the creeps! :evil: :eek: :eek: pray :)
lucky you werent around for a junior selection thread on the old bb if you feel that way about jennis posts :lol: :lol: :eek: ;) :D

Lucena
05-05-2004, 12:00 PM
lucky you werent around for a junior selection thread on the old bb if you feel that way about jennis posts :lol: :lol: :eek: ;) :D

what they were a bit controversial were they

jenni
05-05-2004, 12:13 PM

Oh but the Lion King's hyenas are quite cute :)

And in any case until my emotions settle down, a Hyena is what I feel akin to.

jenni
05-05-2004, 12:14 PM
what they were a bit controversial were they
I really can't remember being that nasty? I think I was worse over the WA debacle.

Alan Shore
05-05-2004, 06:02 PM

Well I thought it was amusing.. if it's too hot for you Gareth, the door of the kitchen is not far away..

You're probably one of those people who don't like those great new ads for Ford, with the scientists in lab coats going 'you know you want it'.

German Engineering just got sexier.

Jenni, keep that avatar!! :)

arosar
05-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey jenni...you know what they keep as pets in Nigeria? Let me tell you...pit bulls are for wimps!

How do I post pics here that are not on a web server?

AR

Alan Shore
05-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Hey jenni...you know what they keep as pets in Nigeria? Let me tell you...pit bulls are for wimps!

How do I post pics here that are not on a web server?

AR

Amiel, when you're on the 'reply to thread' screen, scroll down to additional options, click the 'manage attachments' button and upload your pictures.

Lucena
05-05-2004, 09:30 PM
I really can't remember being that nasty? I think I was worse over the WA debacle.

I personally didn't think Jenni's remarks on WA aus juniors were all that nasty given the circumstances

Lucena
05-05-2004, 09:33 PM
You're probably one of those people who don't like those great new ads for Ford, with the scientists in lab coats going 'you know you want it'.

well whatever turns you on Dion :D

ps I'll be buggered if I know where I've met you before :confused: :hmm: was it aus open in Qld some years back?

Lucena
05-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Oh dear I hope that wasn't too rude :uhoh: :oops:

Alan Shore
05-05-2004, 10:39 PM
well whatever turns you on Dion :D

ps I'll be buggered if I know where I've met you before :confused: :hmm: was it aus open in Qld some years back?

Well, I mean I've said hi to you but didn't really speak to you, so maybe 'met' wasn't quite the right word.. I did see you playing in the Aus Champs a few months ago but didn't have a chance to talk to you then either.

Those ads hardly 'turn me on' lol, but they are amusing :)

Paul S
18-05-2004, 06:42 PM
As a NSWCA member (I was one of the first to renew this year!), I would like to (briefly) know:

1) What is the situation (rate of progress) with the "NSWCA (+NSWJCL) Chess Centre"?

2) What were the results of the NSWCA Opinion Survey (of Jan-Feb 2004) of its members?

Bill Gletsos
18-05-2004, 07:54 PM
As a NSWCA member (I was one of the first to renew this year!), I would like to (briefly) know:

1) What is the situation (rate of progress) with the "NSWCA (+NSWJCL) Chess Centre"?
Matt Sweeney was given the task of organsing a meeting and reporting back to the Council proper at the April meeting but Matt did not attend. As far as I am aware no such meeting has as yet been held.

2) What were the results of the NSWCA Opinion Survey (of Jan-Feb 2004) of its members?
Let me find the figures and I'll post them in the next few days.

Paul S
22-07-2004, 03:52 PM

Matt Sweeney was given the task of organsing a meeting and reporting back to the Council proper at the April meeting but Matt did not attend. As far as I am aware no such meeting has as yet been held.

Now that Matt is no longer on NSWCA Council, has this project closed for good?

(FWIW, my thoughts on a NSWCA Chess Centre are that I'm not too fussed if there is one or not. However, I do think that this is something worth investigating to see if it is feasible/worthwhile).

Let me find the figures and I'll post them in the next few days.

Did you mean next few weeks ;) or months :P ?

Where are the figures/results?

(FWIW my interest in the results of the NSWCA Opinion Survey is because when I was on NSWCA Council last year I did most of the drafting work on it, so I would like to know the conclusions/outcomes of the survey).

Bill Gletsos
22-07-2004, 04:08 PM
No, not at this stage.
The council will discuss the situation at the next meeting.

Did you mean next few weeks ;) or months :P ?
Sorry Paul, I couldnt find them immediately at the time, and with many other things happening between then and now, I just plain forgot about them.

(FWIW my interest in the results of the NSWCA Opinion Survey is because when I was on NSWCA Council last year I did most of the drafting work on it, so I would like to know the conclusions/outcomes of the survey).
Understood.

Paul S
22-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Sorry Paul, I couldnt find them immediately at the time, and with many other things happening between then and now, I just plain forgot about them.

No problem! I too sometimes forget about getting back to people on chess related matters that I promised to follow up on (and my "chess workload" is only a fraction of yours! ).

Yes, Bill, you do spend too much time on some things (eg ratings debate with Dr Richards, slanging matches with Matt) that could be more constructively spent elsewhere (eg following up on NSWCA Opinion Survey ;) )! Mind you, my own time management skills leave a bit to be desired!

PHAT
22-07-2004, 08:16 PM

Paul, I was not the only person on that committee, but since I was on that committee, Bill has decread that I am soley responsible for it not performing. Go figure.

Secondy, the/my wish to see a NSWCA run Sydney Chess Centre is more or less a gonner. Larger forces are at work that will make what ever the NSWCA can muster, inconsequencial.

These developments should have been known of, by the self proclaimed font of all knowledge, but [deleted].

Trent Parker
23-07-2004, 03:07 AM
What is the situation (rate of progress) with the "NSWCA (+NSWJCL) Chess Centre"?

I'm currently making an attempt at doing some work on this matter. There was also another guy whow was interested in assisting but i forget his name.

:oops:

Bill Gletsos
23-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Paul, I was not the only person on that committee, but since I was on that committee, Bill has decread that I am soley responsible for it not performing. Go figure.
As usual a total distortion of the facts.
You were assigned the task by the NSWCA Council at its Decemeber Council meeting following the AGM to organise the Sydney Chess Centre Committee meetings. You were asked at the January Council meeting to report back to the Council at the February meeting. You did not attend the february meeting. At the March Council meeting you informed us that as yet no meeting of the committee had taken place and you were again asked to organise a meeting and report back at the April meeting. You never attended the April, may or June Council meetings. You never once notified anyone on Council that you would not be attending the meetings.

Secondy, the/my wish to see a NSWCA run Sydney Chess Centre is more or less a gonner. Larger forces are at work that will make what ever the NSWCA can muster, inconsequencial.
As usual you work on speculation and never check your facts.
At no stage have you ever discussed with Peter Parr what his plans maybe.

These developments should have been known of, by the self proclaimed font of all knowledge, but [deleted].
As was notified to Council, we were aware that Peters lease is up later this year. This information was relayed to Council at its January meeting.
What Peter's plans are with regards to premises are dependant on a number of factors that are no business of yours or the councils, howvere in discussions I have had with him after you made this same accusation earlier he gave no indication that he was going to open a Sydney Chess centre.

PHAT
23-07-2004, 06:22 PM

I just wish to say that the deleted bit was original funny and had something to do with [deleted]. It was not crude. There was nothing sexual or "base". It's only crime was that it made BG look stupid. But since m' Lord Kevbo is thick with BG, my posts get editted but his don't.

PHAT
23-07-2004, 07:02 PM
You were assigned the task ...

Yep. And given 12 months to do so. It has been 6 months.

You have sacked a person, who was elected by the membership at the AGM, for not following a procedural protocols. You are the bullying despostic president of a grossly undemocratic organisation. When an organisation to acts in such a manner, it shows itself to be utterly contemptuous of the membership's wishes and thoughourly out of touch with what is required from an organisation short on voluteers.

You should be personally mortaly ashamed of this turn of events. That you will claim not to be, shows you to be a sociopath and not fit for your office.

What Peter's plans are with regards to premises are dependant on a number of factors that are no business of yours or the councils, howvere in discussions I have had with him after you made this same accusation earlier he gave no indication that he was going to open a Sydney Chess centre. [bold by MS]

This goes to show how useless you are as the NSWCA President. Get back to being ACF Ratings Officer - after all, as you run it, it doesn't take inspiration, just perspiration.

Garvinator
23-07-2004, 07:19 PM
sacked, what for, if it was for not turning up to council meetings, then i had read somewhere before that if a council member misses three meetings in a row, then they are to be removed from office.

From the nswca constitution:

Section 4 Management:

ix: Any member of the Council who fails to attend a regular Council meeting for three consecutive meetings without leave of absence, shall have his office vacated and a successor appointed by the Council. Any other casual vacancy in the membership of Council shall also be filled by Council appointment.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Kevin Bonham
23-07-2004, 07:30 PM
[b]You have sacked a person, who was elected by the membership at the AGM, for not following a procedural protocols.

Every club I've ever been a member of sacks officebearers if they skip 3 meetings in a row without an apology; it is standard practice. Your hysterical gibberish in this post is a worthless beat-up that, as usual, blames your own failings on everyone else. You hold the ACF to high standards of what you consider to be competence but when the NSWCA displays the same towards you, you squeal.

I've deleted so much anatomical gibberish from you over the past 48 hrs or so that I don't remember your exact wording in this one, so I won't bother defending my decision to delete it. Just get over yourself and try to find some way to insult other people without referring to their anatomy. :hand:

Bill Gletsos
23-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Yep. And given 12 months to do so. It has been 6 months.
At each meeting you actually attended you were requested to convene a meeting and report back the following month.
You agreed to do so.
You did not do it.
You gave no apology for not doing it. You responded to no Council emails from about April 5th.

You have sacked a person, who was elected by the membership at the AGM, for not following a procedural protocols.
I sacked no one.
A council member moved a motion that you be removed from office for failing to attend 3 consecutive council meetings in line with the NSWCA Constitution. You never once informed the council you intended to not attend the scheduled meetings nor did you ever once apologise for failing to attend a meeting.
The consensus of the council members at the meeting was that you had contributed nothing during your time on council.

The motion was seconded, a vote taken and passed.

You are the bullying despostic president of a grossly undemocratic organisation.
This is brilliant coming from someone who contributed nothing to the organisation over a 6 month period.

When an organisation to acts in such a manner, it shows itself to be utterly contemptuous of the membership's wishes and thoughourly out of touch with what is required from an organisation short on voluteers.
There is no point having a volunteer who does nothing.
In fact I am certain the members did not elect you to do as you did and to do absolutely nothing.
As such your removal was totally justified.

You should be personally mortaly ashamed of this turn of events. That you will claim not to be, shows you to be a sociopath and not fit for your office.
You of course are just a load mouth, boorish, diagrace.
You continually make comments without any facts.
You did nothing whilst on the council.

This goes to show how useless you are as the NSWCA President. Get back to being ACF Ratings Officer - after all, as you run it, it doesn't take inspiration, just perspiration.
I spoke to Parr again today about you and your claims.
He re-iterated the point that you never spoke to him about any of his plans.
In fact you have no clue at all.
You work on weak ill informed speculation and no facts.
You were totally useless and are an absolute diagrace.

PHAT
25-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Every club I've ever been a member of sacks officebearers if they skip 3 meetings in a row without an apology; it is standard practice.

Me too. But is worthwhile to delve into the rational for the mechanism to exist. There are three reasons.

1. A body can becaome hamstrung if the co-signature for cheques et cetera has left the building. Therefore the position has to be filled with a person who will be there to discharge duties.

2. In small bodies, the loss of one head can make a quorum difficult to maintain. Therefore, by sacking the missing head, a quorum might be easier to achieve.

3. A missing member may have left the body and has begun active in actions counter to the interestes of the body, ie an adversery or malevelent actor.

Both of these reasons are, in my opinon reasonable for practical conciderations. However, what if alieviating any of these three problems is not required? I my case, noone took my place/position; there was no problem with quorum numbers; I was not out cauing mischief.

So, what should the body do? Should it sack one of its members who was democratically elected? Should it burn its bridges? I think not. Nevertheless, the NSWCA is still in need of less pedestrian leadership.

Bill Gletsos
25-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Me too. But is worthwhile to delve into the rational for the mechanism to exist. There are three reasons.

1. A body can becaome hamstrung if the co-signature for cheques et cetera has left the building. Therefore the position has to be filled with a person who will be there to discharge duties.

2. In small bodies, the loss of one head can make a quorum difficult to maintain. Therefore, by sacking the missing head, a quorum might be easier to achieve.

3. A missing member may have left the body and has begun active in actions counter to the interestes of the body, ie an adversery or malevelent actor.

Both of these reasons are, in my opinon reasonable for practical conciderations. However, what if alieviating any of these three problems is not required? I my case, noone took my place/position; there was no problem with quorum numbers; I was not out cauing mischief.

So, what should the body do? Should it sack one of its members who was democratically elected? Should it burn its bridges? I think not. Nevertheless, the NSWCA is still in need of less pedestrian leadership.
You not only missed meetings you you never apologised, gave no indication oyou would be missing meetings and contributed nothing.

PHAT
25-07-2004, 12:57 PM
I spoke to Parr again today about you and your claims.
He re-iterated the point that you never spoke to him about any of his plans.
In fact you have no clue at all.

:lol: Apparently, I at least have more of a clue than you. You are out of the loop. I would have thought that the president of the NSWCA would be more proactive than you are being.

Of course,at the end of the year, when the NSWCA is sit sitting on its $10^6 nest egg, you will be able to say, "Not my fault. Blaim the Council, it sacked one of the officers who's charge was to look into it."

The NSWCA Council is grey of hair and imagination. Such a pity that it retains deadwood attitudes and forcing senescence on its buds.

Bill Gletsos
25-07-2004, 01:00 PM
:lol: Apparently, I at least have more of a clue than you. You are out of the loop. I would have thought that the president of the NSWCA would be more proactive than you are being.
Laugh all you like you fool,you would have no clue whats going on as you attended no meetings and apparently read no emails.

:Of course,at the end of the year, when the NSWCA is sit sitting on its $10^6 nest egg, you will be able to say, "Not my fault. Blaim the Council, it sacked one of the officers who's charge was to look into it."
There was no motion passed saying spend the 60k at the AGM.
Just a motion to investigate a chess centre.
You did nothing about this over 6 mths.
You are a blow hard.

The NSWCA Council is grey of hair and imagination. Such a pity that it retains deadwood attitudes and forcing senescence on its buds.
What a joke you are.
You contributed absolutely nothing in 6 months.

PHAT
25-07-2004, 01:02 PM
You not only missed meetings you you never apologised, gave no indication oyou would be missing meetings and contributed nothing.

So what?

How does this relate to the reasons bodies have to have a 3 strikes rule.

Answer: It doesn't.

You are the presdint of a worn-out body that sacks new blood. Way to go, dude.

Bill Gletsos
25-07-2004, 01:04 PM
So what?

How does this relate to the reasons bodies have to have a 3 strikes rule.

Answer: it doesn't.
Of course it does. Iit allows the Council to remove do nothing individuals like you.

You are the presdint of a worn-out body that sacks new blood. Way to go, dude.
You are just a joke.

PHAT
25-07-2004, 01:06 PM
You contributed absolutely nothing in 6 months.

It only snows in winter.

PHAT
25-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Of course it does. Iit allows the Council to remove do nothing individuals like you.

Why does it have to?

Precisely what good did removing me do?

Legitamate questions require honest and direct answers.

Bill Gletsos
25-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Why does it have to?

Precisely what good did removing me do?

Legitamate questions require honest and direct answers.
Why should the council leave a do nothing individual on Council.
Answer, they shouldnt.
The Council simply exercised its constitutional right to remove do a nothing councillor.

I'm sure the members at the next AGM will be completely unsympathetic to your bleatings.

PHAT
25-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Why should the council leave a do nothing individual on Council.
Answer, they shouldnt.

Exactly why? I am trying to understand here. Enlighten me.

The Council simply exercised its constitutional right to remove do a nothing councillor.

Why? did it excersize that right? What was there to gain by do so? I am asking a legitamate question.

Bill Gletsos
25-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Exactly why? I am trying to understand here. Enlighten me.

Why? did it excersize that right? What was there to gain by do so? I am asking a legitamate question.
No you are simoply playoing brain dead.

The council exercised its constitutional right to remove a non functioning council member.

Having a do nothing individual on Council is no benefit to the Council nor the NSWCA members.

As such I'm not going to waste anymore of my time on this.
If you dont like it take it up with the NSWCA members at the AGM and you can argue you case there if you desire but I doubt you will find any supporters.

Garvinator
25-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Matt, if the nswca council did not follow their own constitution, then they could have also then faced claims at the agm that they are not following the constitution that they were elected under.

PHAT
25-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Matt, if the nswca council did not follow their own constitution, then they could have also then faced claims at the agm that they are not following the constitution that they were elected under.

Well done graygray, you have hit the nail on the head. 10/10 and a koala stamp. Billdo Gaggins, keeps saying over and over that Council exersized its right to sack me. BZZZT. Wrong, Bill - it has no right at all that it may exersize. In actual fact, council is compelled to do so.

4.9 "Any member of the Council who fails to attend a regular Council meeting for three consecutive meetings without leave of absence, shall have his office vacated and a successor appointed by the Council. Any other casual vacancy in the membership of Council shall also be filled by Council appointment." [bold by MS].

So, Council must fill my office and anyother that is not filled. Since it has not, is not filling those vacancies, it is in breach of its own constitution.

How come Billdo didn't know this - I thought he was perfect like Glicko.

Kevin Bonham
25-07-2004, 11:31 PM
So, Council must fill my office and anyother that is not filled. Since it has not, is not filling those vacancies, it is in breach of its own constitution.

Having read a lot of comments from Denis Jessop about the correct use of the purpose approach lately, I strongly suspect you are wrong.

It would be argued that the intent of the rule was to remove the errant committee member from office and to then attempt to appoint a successor. The people wording the rule simply would not have foreseen the possibility that no successor could be found.

Of course I am not a lawyer ... but neither are you.

Bill Gletsos
25-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Well done graygray, you have hit the nail on the head. 10/10 and a koala stamp. Billdo Gaggins, keeps saying over and over that Council exersized its right to sack me. BZZZT. Wrong, Bill - it has no right at all that it may exersize. In actual fact, council is compelled to do so.

4.9 "Any member of the Council who fails to attend a regular Council meeting for three consecutive meetings without leave of absence, shall have his office vacated and a successor appointed by the Council. Any other casual vacancy in the membership of Council shall also be filled by Council appointment." [bold by MS].

You should note my original comment in post 106 of this thread said

A council member moved a motion that you be removed from office for failing to attend 3 consecutive council meetings in line with the NSWCA Constitution.

My only error in subsequent posts was to use the term "constitutional right" instead of constitutional duty.

Bill Gletsos
25-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Having read a lot of comments from Denis Jessop about the correct use of the purpose approach lately, I strongly suspect you are wrong.

It would be argued that the intent of the rule was to remove the errant committee member from office and to then attempt to appoint a successor. The people wording the rule simply would not have foreseen the possibility that no successor could be found.

Of course I am not a lawyer ... but neither are you.
You are correct.
In the past council memebers have been removed under 4.9 of the constitution.
If I recall correctly legal advice was exactly as you describe and that it was not just a matter of someone putting up their hand to be a successor but also that the council appoint a person they believed would actually do the function.

Garvinator
26-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Matthew,

Since you claim the nswca council is lack lustre, please give in detail what you did and achieved during your time on the nswca council?

Bill Gletsos
26-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Matthew,

Since you claim the nswca council is lack lustre, please give in detail what you did and achieved during your time on the nswca council?
Thats simple, he did nothing and contributed nothing.
Between around Feb 9th and April 2nd he replied to no council emails. He replied to no council emails after April 5th.
He never apologised for missing meetings either in advance or afterwards.
His total failure as a councillor just demonstrates that he is is nothing more than a big mouthed blow hard whi uses the BB to criticise everything and contribute nothing.

Garvinator
26-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Between around Feb 9th and April 2nd he replied to no council emails. He replied to no council emails after April 5th.
He never apologised for missing meetings either in advance or afterwards.
His total failure as a councillor just demonstrates that he is is nothing more than a big mouthed blow hard whi uses the BB to criticise everything and contribute nothing.
damn you bill, i wanted matthew to answer my question without an answer in between. :uhoh:

Bill Gletsos
26-07-2004, 12:29 AM
damn you bill, i wanted matthew to answer my question without an answer in between. :uhoh:
Yes but at least with me you actually get the facts.

Kevin Bonham
26-07-2004, 12:31 AM

This has never been a consideration in other groups I've been in that have had this rule. They have typically had 8-10 member committees and the rule has applied to all positions - and often been non-discretional.

This applies to a committee of any size, so it does not support your case. I've known student boards with over twenty members to have quorum problems and to apply this rule.

Most groups have rules allowing themselves to expel such a member long before they get to three missed meetings.

However the real point of the rule is that it is better to have a position clearly vacant than to have it nominally occupied by a dead weight.

What a joke you are. You complain about a leadership which you think does little while yourself being a former officebearer who didn't even turn up.

If you had been a bridge that mattered you would have at least apologised in advance when unable to attend.

arosar
28-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Mr President, Sir, what is the official stance of the NSWCA on the Aus Open in Mt Buller? Will you be pro-actively endorsing it?

AR

PHAT
28-07-2004, 04:34 PM

Yep, AWOL.

Question: Can you make a comparison between the activity level of the NSWCA Office of Promotion in 2002, 2003 and 2004? Does it go something like, 0 = 0 = 0.

Question: What did I put my hand up for at the AGM? Was it Tournament Officer?

Question: Do you think that my first priority was to take on a remodelling role for NSWCA tournaments?

Question: Isn't it true that Ralph Sebery voiced a burning desire to be Tornament Officer?

Question: Isn't it true that I simply withdrew my nomiation and Ralph took the position unopposed?

I took the perenially vacant position of Promotions to get a gander at the inside of the NSWCA. When there, I thought I should look into a "Sydney Chess Centre" project. I was not the only councillor to do this. It soon became clear that the NSWCA was about to become the tail on the dog.

The Tournament Officer (RS) had a very rough time injecting novelty into the NSWCA events calender. The promotion of these events "happened" without me. The tacit mechanism for "promotion" remained the same as previous years when the position for Promoter was vacant. ie. the webmaster or other would email entryforms to all members and would send an advert to go into publications.

In essence, I was not needed. So, if you wish to characterise that as being a blowhard, that is your business. I do not feel that I have let anyone down because anything that I didn't do, was not going to be done anyway.

Next year I might have to run a ticket with the sole perpose of spending the nest egg on the members over a period of, say, 2 to 4 years. Exactly how? We'll see.

Kevin Bonham
28-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Next year I might have to run a ticket with the sole perpose of spending the nest egg on the members over a period of, say, 2 to 4 years. Exactly how? We'll see.

The impression I get (from afar) is that you do not have the numbers and never will. Though possibly your threatening to run for things will at least have the benefit of forcing the NSWCA to fill all its positions to stop you from getting any.

At least the above is an improvement on your proposal to spend the nest egg over a period of, say, 2 to 4 hours. :lol:

Garvinator
28-07-2004, 05:28 PM
At least the above is an improvement on your proposal to spend the nest egg over a period of, say, 2 to 4 hours. :lol:
hasnt said that it wouldnt end up with the same result though ;) :lol:

arosar
28-07-2004, 05:44 PM
The impression I get (from afar) is that you do not have the numbers and never will.

This is correct. And we'll prolly stack the AGM against him if necesary just to prevent these scary radical plans.

I'm all for some of Matt's ideas but I never want to see the NSWCA threatened.

AR

Bill Gletsos
28-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Yep, AWOL.

Question: Can you make a comparison between the activity level of the NSWCA Office of Promotion in 2002, 2003 and 2004? Does it go something like, 0 = 0 = 0.

Question: What did I put my hand up for at the AGM? Was it Tournament Officer?

Question: Do you think that my first priority was to take on a remodelling role for NSWCA tournaments?

Question: Isn't it true that Ralph Sebery voiced a burning desire to be Tornament Officer?

Question: Isn't it true that I simply withdrew my nomiation and Ralph took the position unopposed?
So what if you were not prepared to do the function you should not have nominated for it.

I took the perenially vacant position of Promotions to get a gander at the inside of the NSWCA. When there, I thought I should look into a "Sydney Chess Centre" project.
What a load of crap.
You were the one on the BB last year psuing for the formation off a Chess centre committee.
I modified yout unworkable so as to get it supoorted at the AGM.
You promised at 2 Council meetings to organise meetings of the committee, but did absolutely nothing.

I was not the only councillor to do this. It soon became clear that the NSWCA was about to become the tail on the dog.
Supposition on your part and not based on actually talking at all to Pater Parr. As it was you based this on hearesay in late May.
What did you do about it for the previous 5 months.
Absolutely nothing.

The Tournament Officer (RS) had a very rough time injecting novelty into the NSWCA events calender. The promotion of these events "happened" without me. The tacit mechanism for "promotion" remained the same as previous years when the position for Promoter was vacant. ie. the webmaster or other would email entryforms to all members and would send an advert to go into publications.
So what.
You provide virtually no inoput at all even via email and absolutely non afetr April 5th.

In essence, I was not needed. So, if you wish to characterise that as being a blowhard, that is your business. I do not feel that I have let anyone down because anything that I didn't do, was not going to be done anyway.
I dont have to characterise you as anything.
Your record in this regard speaks for itself.

I seriously doubt you would get any real support.
Any threat by you to run for President of the NSWCA or any position where you would get your hands on the finances of the NSWCA would I'm sure rally the necessary forces to defeat you.

Bill Gletsos
28-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Mr President, Sir, what is the official stance of the NSWCA on the Aus Open in Mt Buller? Will you be pro-actively endorsing it?
The NSWCA along with the NSWJCL supported the motion for the events to go to Mt. Buller.

I doubt we will be proactively endorsing it but we certainly wont be proactively trying to debailise it either.

Bill Gletsos
28-07-2004, 06:22 PM
This is correct. And we'll prolly stack the AGM against him if necesary just to prevent these scary radical plans.

The thing is AR Matt hardly raised any issues during his time on the NSWCA so he would have no idea if some of his more radical ideas would have gotten up as he contributed virtually nothing to any debate.

PHAT
29-07-2004, 12:02 AM
The thing is AR Matt hardly raised any issues during his time on the NSWCA so he would have no idea if some of his more radical ideas would have gotten up as he contributed virtually nothing to any debate.

Hmmm, then I was behaving just like everyone else, bar the BG and PC duet.

PHAT
29-07-2004, 12:05 AM

AR

The threat is more powerful than the execution. :owned:

Bill Gletsos
29-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Hmmm, then I was behaving just like everyone else, bar the BG and PC duet.
Thats just completely incorrect.
All other Council members have regularly provided input during the email discussions over the past 6 months.

arosar
27-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Bill...I seek your blessing to display some tourism brochures and tournament application forms at the State Championships. I say 'blessing' because I don't need your permission - what with this being a free country and all. Is this possible?

Actually, I'm willing to forego the tourism brochures (commercialism and all that).

AR

Rincewind
27-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Bill...I seek your blessing to display some tourism brochures and tournament application forms at the State Championships. I say 'blessing' because I don't need your permission - what with this being a free country and all. Is this possible?

Well, it is a free country but if you were planning to go around distributing flyers inside the venue then I would think you would require more than the organisers' collective "blessing". Feel free to do what you like out on the street.

ursogr8
27-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Well, it is a free country but if you were planning to go around distributing flyers inside the venue then I would think you would require more than the organisers' collective "blessing". Feel free to do what you like out on the street.

Snap. We had the same issue at the VIC OPEN when a contretemps was caused by an individual who wanted to survey chess players opinions on various matters including the tournament. But he did not want to distribute in the street because there were no chess players there.

starter

Bill Gletsos
27-08-2004, 02:10 PM

Actually, I'm willing to forego the tourism brochures (commercialism and all that).

AR
Actually you do need the NSWCA permission to advertise your event inside the venue as the venue is hired by us.
As the NSWCA supports the ACF you cannot advertise the NZ event inside the venue.
Feel free to distribute anything you like outside the venue.

Garvinator
27-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Actually you do need the NSWCA permission to advertise your event inside the venue as the venue is hired by us.
As the NSWCA supports the ACF you cannot advertise the NZ event inside the venue.
and isnt amiel a member of the nswca?

Rincewind
27-08-2004, 03:00 PM

Is ar's membership status somehow relevant?

Bill Gletsos
27-08-2004, 03:02 PM
What's that got to do with it.

Rincewind
27-08-2004, 03:38 PM
What's that got to do with it.

Is there an echo in this thread? ;)

arosar
27-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Bill, cos you me mate - I will respect your wishes.

Bazza, would you be interested in a brochure? You playing in the States?

AR

Rincewind
27-08-2004, 03:59 PM

No thanks, ar. I'm a retiring club player who only very occasionally ventures further afield. The states would involve a lot of time at a time of year when I don't have much to go around.

What are there brochures for? Please tell me it's not for Wanganui.

arosar
27-08-2004, 04:05 PM
What are there brochures for? Please tell me it's not for Wanganui.

C'mon mate...now that you're a retiree, tha fresh air will do you good.

AR

Rincewind
27-08-2004, 04:15 PM
C'mon mate...now that you're a retiree, tha fresh air will do you good.

I said I was retiring (as in unassuming) not retired.

PHAT
27-08-2004, 06:10 PM

Don't be a complete dikhed. There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop AR walking up to one player at a time, asking them would they like to play at X and then giving them an entry form. Why would you try? :rolleyes:

arosar
27-08-2004, 06:15 PM
FMD! C'mon man. Bill's me mate so I shall respect his wishes.

AR

Bill Gletsos
27-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Bill, cos you me mate - I will respect your wishes.

AR
Now if you want to hand anything out regarding the Fairfield Summer Cup feel free to do so.

Bill Gletsos
27-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Don't be a complete dikhed.
I'm not.
Just because you are an expert at being a complete dic.head, does not mean you can determine others.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop AR walking up to one player at a time, asking them would they like to play at X and then giving them an entry form. Why would you try? :rolleyes:
Of course I could.
I could simply wait till he does it to one person then politely ask him to stop doing it. If he refused then I would just ask the club management to have him removed from the venue.

Of course AR isnt a complete a.sehole like you so that situation wouldnt occur.

Garvinator
27-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Of course I could.
I could simply wait till he does it to one person then politely ask him to stop doing it. If he refused then I would just ask the club management to have him removed from the venue.

Of course AR isnt a complete a.sehole like you so that situation wouldnt occur.
if ar continued to hand out leaflets after being told not to by the nswca president, wouldnt he then be ignoring an order from his own president at a nswca event?

Rincewind
27-08-2004, 06:40 PM
if ar continued to hand out leaflets after being told not to by the nswca president, wouldnt he then be ignoring an order from his own president at a nswca event?

If your suggesting that that the NSWCA should consider such a thing important enough to discuss disciplinary action, then I can't speak for the NSWCA council, but I would expect that there would be much more important things on their agendas and this matter would be dealt with as an event issue by the event organisers or their deputy. IE ejection from the tournament (if he was a player) and banned from the playing area for the duration. I can't see a reason to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Bill Gletsos
27-08-2004, 06:45 PM
If your suggesting that that the NSWCA should consider such a thing important enough to discuss disciplinary action, then I can't speak for the NSWCA council, but I would expect that there would be much more important things on their agendas and this matter would be dealt with as an event issue by the event organisers or their deputy. IE ejection from the tournament (if he was a player) and banned from the playing area for the duration. I can't see a reason to make a mountain out of a molehill.
You are correct.
No other action would be taken unless the person in someway managed to disrupt the whole tournament by their behaviour.

PHAT
28-08-2004, 12:31 AM
AR, give me the leaflets and I will ply them (if I am there.)

People travelling to play OTB is good for chess. It becomes another avenue to include the non-player hangers-on. Bill is full of sh.t. No way would he attemptto stop the promotion of a chess event.

Garvinator
28-08-2004, 12:34 AM

People travelling to play OTB is good for chess. It becomes another avenue to include the non-player hangers-on. Bill is full of sh.t. No way would he attemptto stop the promotion of a chess event.
amiel would be promoting a non australian event which is in direct competition to an australian title event.

PHAT
28-08-2004, 12:43 AM
amiel would be promoting a non australian event which is in direct competition to an australian title event.

So f...ing what? If the Australian event cannot compete with the Kiwi gig, it isn't worth suporting. Events cn be niche, popular et cetera. Kiwi chess has no chance of hurting Oz chess. :confused:

Bill Gletsos
28-08-2004, 12:47 AM

Dont tempt me.
I would find it immensely satisfying to have you removed from the venue. :lol:

Alan Shore
28-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Dont tempt me.
I would find it immensely satisfying to have you removed from the venue. :lol:

Would you do it personally Bill? :D

Nah, I guess you'd have the hired goons take care of that

Garvinator
28-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Would you do it personally Bill? :D

Nah, I guess you'd have the hired goons take care of that
goons, hired goons :cool: what show is that from :P

arosar
30-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey Bill . . . I forgot to ask Norm yesterday. But any chance youse fellas can put up the double-sided scoresheets for the title event? Give 'em to me then I'll code them.

Cheers mate.

AR

Bill Gletsos
30-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey Bill . . . I forgot to ask Norm yesterday. But any chance youse fellas can put up the double-sided scoresheets for the title event? Give 'em to me then I'll code them.

Cheers mate.

AR
I'll mention it to Norm when I see him at the Council meeting this Thursday

arosar
17-11-2004, 07:13 AM
Hey Mr Prez . . . any idea yet on tourn schedule before and after the Doeberl? We have about 15 foreigners coming for a chess tour.

AR

Bill Gletsos
17-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey Mr Prez . . . any idea yet on tourn schedule before and after the Doeberl? We have about 15 foreigners coming for a chess tour.

AR
Doeberl is the 25th-28th March.
City of Sydney lightning is the 3rd April after the last round of the COS.
The City Of Sydney Rapid is scheduled for the 10th April.
The NSW Teams comp is scheduled for the weekend of the 24th April-25th April. We have not yet decided if we will run it like we did this year on just a single day or if we will run it over two days.
If someone wanted to run a non NSWCA event on the weekend of the 17th April that weekend is currently free.

arosar
21-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Mr Prez Sir, is there some mechanism by which we, the common folk, can have our voices heard and influence your votes at the forthcoming National Conference? There is a particular issue that I have in mind. It has troubled me so.

AR

Bill Gletsos
21-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Mr Prez Sir, is there some mechanism by which we, the common folk, can have our voices heard and influence your votes at the forthcoming National Conference? There is a particular issue that I have in mind. It has troubled me so.
You can raise it with a member of council.
In this paricular case just send me a PM.

Bill Gletsos
05-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Once again Matt is spreading rumours without any basis in fact.
He is claiming that "The NSWCA might be going to be investigated for violations of corporate law. Apparently it might have something to do with not distributing a financial statement to all members."
Of course if this was true many Incorporated bodies would be in breach of the act.
Unfortunately as usual Matt has no clue.

There is no requirement under the Associations Incorporation Act 1984 to provide financial statements to members not at the AGM.

Under the relevant section of the Act (section 26(6) of the Associations Incorporation Act 1984) the only requirement is to provide financial statements to members at Annual General Meetings.

ursogr8
05-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Once again Matt is spreading rumours without any basis in fact.
He is claiming that "The NSWCA might be going to be investigated for violations of corporate law. Apparently it might have something to do with not distributing a financial statement to all members."
Of course if this was true many Incorporated bodies would be in breach of the act.
Unfortunately as usual Matt has no clue.

There is no requirement under the Associations Incorporation Act 1984 to provide financial statements to members not at the AGM.

Under the relevant section of the Act (section 26(6) of the Associations Incorporation Act 1984) the only requirement is to provide financial statements to members at Annual General Meetings.

Well done Bill, to bring these issues to the general CC board instead of spirited away in the Coffee Lounge. tks

It might be safer if you quoted all of the relevant Sweeney post, rather than a very abridged version?

regards
starter

Bill Gletsos
05-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Well done Bill, to bring these issues to the general CC board instead of spirited away in the Coffee Lounge. tks

It might be safer if you quoted all of the relevant Sweeney post, rather than a very abridged version?The rest of his comments were irrelevant to the accusation he made.

Garvinator
06-03-2005, 01:55 AM

to add a bit more to this- any member can request to see a financial statement by contacting the relevant treasurer.

ursogr8
07-03-2005, 07:54 AM
The rest of his comments were irrelevant to the accusation he made.

Bill,
Thanks for responding to my question. You are of course the judge of this; I was not suggesting that you biased by abridging. But, given that we are likely to see much/more this cross-posting of cross-messages across bb's I just thought it might reduce accusations of selectivity if you posted all.

regards
starter

Bill Gletsos
07-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Bill,
Thanks for responding to my question. You are of course the judge of this; I was not suggesting that you biased by abridging. But, given that we are likely to see much/more this cross-posting of cross-messages across bb's I just thought it might reduce accusations of selectivity if you posted all.I quoted the part of his post that was relevant to his accusation.

I have no intention of repeating all his rubbish on this board. Those that wish to see it all can view it directly on his board.

ursogr8
07-03-2005, 02:51 PM
I quoted the part of his post that was relevant to his accusation.

I have no intention of repeating all his rubbish on this board. <snip>

We wouldn't want a repeat of all his rubbish here.
But, when you select a particular piece of rubbish, you may wish to avoid abridging?

Bill Gletsos
07-03-2005, 03:23 PM
But, when you select a particular piece of rubbish, you may wish to avoid abridging?I will quote what I deem relevant.
If I dont consider parts relevant I wont quote them.
Now stop wasting my time on typical rubbish of yours like this.

Garvinator
07-03-2005, 04:36 PM
But, when you select a particular piece of rubbish, you may wish to avoid abridging?
starter, if you dont like Bill's abridged version, you could always post the whole lot yourself.

ursogr8
07-03-2005, 04:40 PM
starter, if you dont like Bill's abridged version, you could always post the whole lot yourself.

gg''

That is a sensible suggestion of yours.

But I am giving up on helping Bill on this point. :hand: as he has made it clear what his m.o., for posting across boards, is.

starter

edit ps
And no more PMs Bill, please. :hand:

arosar
07-03-2005, 04:46 PM
edit ps
And no more PMs Bill, please. :hand:

Oh you two love birds. How cute!

Listen, leave our Prez alone OK. This here thread is for us. It's not for you.

AR

ursogr8
07-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Oh you two love birds. How cute!

Listen, leave our Prez alone OK. This here thread is for us. It's not for you.

AR

Consider me out of here. :wall: :hand:

arosar
02-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Bill -

What's the rules/regs for the NSW Teams Challenge? Can I just form a team of mercs?

I already have a strong FM lined up.

AR

Bill Gletsos
05-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Bill -

What's the rules/regs for the NSW Teams Challenge? Can I just form a team of mercs?The official advert for it should be going up on the NSWCA website in the next few days.
The event is being run along the same lines as last year where I am sure ad-hoc teams were permitted.
I will however clarify this with the other members of the NSWCA Council and get back to you.

Bill Gletsos
13-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I see where Sweeney is once again demonstrating that he hasnt got a clue.

He says:

The Commonman tournament (Wollongong, NSW) has a policy that all rating divisions will receive the same prize money. This innovation fly in the face of decades of regressive prises where the lower division the lower the prize. Grossly unfair as it is it persists still.

However, the NSWCA has now followed my (Sweeney's) lead in Australia and adopted the exactly the Commonman philosophy of allocated equal prize money to all rating divisions.

I bet President Bill Elitist ***** Gletsos argued against equal prizes.

President Gletsos must go. He is a liability.Firstly we arent following his format. His format does not use rating divisions at all but breaks the players into 3-5 equal sized groups with the prizes in each group being equal.
In our events our outright prizes are greater than our rating division prizes.

With regards to rating divsion prizes as usual if he had bothered to do even the slighest bit of research and checked his facts he would see that we have often had tournaments where the the rating division prizes were the same in all divisions. e.g.the 2003 May weekender and the 2003 NSW Open to name just two show that equal rating prizes in our weekenders this year is not a new development.

It should be noted that personally I have no issue with rating division prizes being equal.

However like Doeberl and many other events with divisions run as seperate tournaments we offer higher outright prizes in the Open division as opposed to lower divisions.

ursogr8
13-04-2005, 03:01 PM
^^

hi Bill

Listen, I know I was warned off this thread (post #180) by your henchman, aide_de_camp, minder, alter ego, assistant, Arosar (what is the correct word for that relationship Baz, kegless,...anyone?),.........
anyhow.........I just wanted to ask....where did all this stuff appear on Sweeney's site....I couldn't find it. :confused:

regards
starter

Bill Gletsos
13-04-2005, 03:08 PM
^^

hi Bill

Listen, I know I was warned off this thread (post #180) by your henchman, aide_de_camp, minder, alter ego, assistant, Arosar (what is the correct word for that relationship Baz, kegless,...anyone?),.........
anyhow.........I just wanted to ask....where did all this stuff appear on Sweeney's site....I couldn't find it. :confused:

regards
starterYour not looking to well then starter. ;)
Its the first topic in his discussion area "Lets Big it Up For ...." entitled "NSWCA Prize Distribution".

Bill Gletsos
13-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I see where fg7 is making comments where he like Matt has no clue.

he says

Hi Matt,

This is how I read the story. It is alleged that BG is going against democratic rule by attempting to undermine a legitimate proposal, which his own council agreed to implement.

If you believe your allegations are true, then it is necessary for you to obtain and read the NSWCA constitution.

Somewhere in there will be an aparatus for officially dealing with the dispute. Probably something along the lines of censuring the current president and opening up some dialogue into the problem.

If there is no such avenue in the constitution then you need to create one from the demographic membership.

Get your hand on a copy of the constitution, post the relevent points on UCJ, then we can all discuss them in a democratic way, thus helping to stimulate the impeteus for political reform of Australian chess.

Cheers Fg7Firstly motions passed in general business at NSW AGM's are not binding on the council. As such even though the motion regarding the newsletter was not binding on the NSWCA Council, the Council decided go ahead with the publication of the newsletter. As for his claims above, I am in no breach of the NSWCA Constitution nor am I undermining the NSWCA Council.

The NSWCA Council authorised me to formulate the questionaire.

The questionaire consisted of three specific questions.

Pauls welcome on page 1 of the newsletter listed its aims and asked some non specific questions.
Now it isnt just a simple case of do you favour a newsletter or not. It is a question of does the newsletter fill a void that needs to be filled.

As such Question 1 makes a simple statement of fact.
There is a lot of information about NSW chess available to members. They can get it from the NSWCA or ACF or even some NSW Club websites. They can get it from the ACF email bulletins. They can read about it in newspaper columns like Parr's in the Sydney Morning Herald. They can get it from other members at their clubs.

Therefore given the many areas where information about NSW chess is available did they still see the need for a newsletter.

Question 2 asked if they would be prepared to pay an additional fee to receive it.

Question 3 asked if they would pay $2 or $5. Although $2 would not cover costs it would at least go some way to offsetting the costs.

I suggest fg7 sticks to his Mexican politics and sorts out his and the MCC's apparent problems with CV and leaves the NSWCA alone.

arosar
13-04-2005, 05:37 PM
As such Question 1 makes a simple statement of fact.

My position re the newsletter notwithstanding Bill, I believe you used those facts to lead your potential respondents to your desired outcome. It was an ambush. I don't think you can spin this issue in your favour at all. Else, any such attempt and you are only insulting us I think.

AR

firegoat7
13-04-2005, 06:22 PM
I see where fg7 is making comments where he like Matt has no clue.

Have a good look at the evidence Bill

This is how I read the story. It is alleged that BG is going against democratic rule by attempting to undermine a legitimate proposal, which his own council agreed to implement.

If you believe your allegations are true, then it is necessary for you to obtain and read the NSWCA constitution.

In my first two sentences I made it plainly obvious that I had not pre-judged you, Bill. Why else would I use terminology like "It is alleged" and "If you believe your allegations are true"

I suggest fg7 sticks to his Mexican politics and sorts out his and the MCC's apparent problems with CV and leaves the NSWCA alone.

May I suggest that its a free country and maybe you ought to wonder why its even an issue to yourself to warn me off for doing nothing controversial.

Cheers Fg7

Bill Gletsos
13-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Have a good look at the evidence BillI did and all I saw was you supporting your mate Matt.

In my first two sentences I made it plainly obvious that I had not pre-judged you, Bill. Why else would I use terminology like "It is alleged" and "If you believe your allegations are true"Yes, all that sort of wording means is that you can make an accusation and then weasle out of it later, by saying "well I never said it was true".

May I suggest that its a free country and maybe you ought to wonder why its even an issue to yourself to warn me off for doing nothing controversial.That may be true, but I seem to remember you telling me to keep out of the debate you had ages ago with jammo re MCC and CV as it was no concern of mine.

antichrist
13-04-2005, 06:57 PM
The only person I ever heard whinge about lack of info was Ron Kite who did not access internet and who whinged about everything anyway. There are very few events that are not covered by Peter Parr's Column. A newsletter cannot possibly match the internet so is a waste of resources.

Bill Gletsos
13-04-2005, 07:08 PM
My position re the newsletter notwithstanding Bill, I believe you used those facts to lead your potential respondents to your desired outcome. It was an ambush.Not true Amiel.
If I was deliberately trying an ambush, I would have left the question out altogther and waited to see how many people who read Paul's welcome and questions on page 1 of the newsletter actually bothered to respond. That way if virtually no one responded I could claim there was no support for it and If people did respond I could claim they failed to take into account that they already have access to lots of information regarding NSW chess.

I didnt do that. I asked the question the way I did because I wanted to see who really wanted the newsletter.

I don't think you can spin this issue in your favour at all. Else, any such attempt and you are only insulting us I think.I'd never insult you intelligence Amiel.

Thunderspirit
13-04-2005, 10:39 PM
I have to be honest I haven't read any of this post, but people forget that Bill doesn't actually want this job, so for those of you who don't like the state of NSW chess, you could always take over the job... I don't think Bill will mind....

Rincewind
13-04-2005, 10:58 PM
I have to be honest I haven't read any of this post, but people forget that Bill doesn't actually want this job, so for those of you who don't like the state of NSW chess, you could always take over the job... I don't think Bill will mind....

I'll mention it to Matthew.

Thunderspirit
13-04-2005, 10:59 PM
I'll mention it to Matthew.

Yeah great! Bill may want to stay on then!

Bill Gletsos
14-04-2005, 12:45 AM
I have to be honest I haven't read any of this post, but people forget that Bill doesn't actually want this job, so for those of you who don't like the state of NSW chess, you could always take over the job... I don't think Bill will mind....Actually Lee you are only partially correct.
I clearly didnt want the presidents job in 2003 thats why I didnt nominate for President but only vice Pres.
Having effectively been the defacto president in 2003 I decided that I may as well be the president in 2004 etc.

There are a few people I would would support for NSW President and I'd be happy to go back to being the VP or even the member without portfolio ;)

However there are others who I would most definately not support for President and would stand against them.

Bill Gletsos
14-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Yeah great! Bill may want to stay on then!You got that right. He did absolutely nothing whilst he was on Council.

Paul S
14-04-2005, 05:04 PM
My position re the newsletter notwithstanding Bill, I believe you used those facts to lead your potential respondents to your desired outcome. It was an ambush. I don't think you can spin this issue in your favour at all. Else, any such attempt and you are only insulting us I think.

AR

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said Amiel!

Bill, you should have a listen to what Amiel says. If someone like Amiel (who is generally a loyalist towards your views on this BB) says this, then its time to take notice! Maybe you could say "I was wrong" or "I am sorry"?

At this point in time my favourite songs are:
1) Billy Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace
2) Give It Up by KC and the Sunshine Band
3) Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word by Elton John

:hmm: I wonder why I have such a liking for these 3 songs at the present time? :hmm:

Rincewind
14-04-2005, 06:29 PM
:hmm: I wonder why I have such a liking for these 3 songs at the present time? :hmm:

Must... resist... sarcastic... urges...

Don_Harrison
14-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Must... resist... sarcastic... urges...

Why? No-one else has. Gee, what a bunch of Sad Sacks. Get a life.

Just had a horrible thought. This is your life. Ugh. [Gag, barf, barf, cough, cough.]

Rincewind
14-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Just had a horrible thought. This is your life. Ugh. [Gag, barf, barf, cough, cough.]

Let me guess... are you being reconditioned to return to society by being forced to read this board with your eyes pinned open while listening to Ludwig van?

Bill Gletsos
20-04-2005, 02:45 AM
Matt is once again raving on with false information.

WTF is going on? We are only four weeks from the first round and WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE RATING DIVISIONS WILL BE!This is complete rubbish. Club organisers were on what to base their team entries.

The email that was sent out to club organisers by Steve Carratt for this years Grade Matches stated:
"Your teams should be based on the assumption that the divisions are similar to last year
Open , <2000 , <1800 , <1600 , <1400"

They changed the divisions last year by shifting the cut-offs 50 points up.More total rubbish. The rating divisions last year (2004) were identical to the rating divisions in 2003, which were identical to the divisions in 2002 and 2001.

WTF will it be this year? We poor bastards out here in player-land have to organise our teams. We cannot do it without knowing the cut-offs. Cut-offs can mean the difference between possible team(s) or no possible team(s). The NSWCA is dicking us around when this simple info should have been available on the website on the 1st January.Steve's email makes it clear what the intended cut-offs are. I always knew comprehension wasnt one of Matt's strong points and his inability to understand Steve's email confirms it.

arosar
20-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Bill -

What about the CJS Purdy tourney? You appeared to have conveniently ignored that from Matty's remarks. I personally consider this cancellation to be an absolutely disgrace. It seems to me insulting to the Purdy family especially since Mr John Purdy was even invited to deliver an inaugural speech last year.

Didn't someone donate $10K last year? What are we doing with that money exactly? I bet with just a small portion of that - a venue will suddenly be found. Now I'm not all for wanton spend, but we do have to use that money you know.

Sometimes I think Matty's right.

AR

Bill Gletsos
20-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Matt is still sprouting rubbish about the Grdae matches.

But our club executive has never received such an e-mail. Is this another case of the Sydney hates Wollongong. We all remember when both the Western Suburbs Grade matches refused the Gong entry and then the NSWCA Grades refused the Gong entry. Ugly ugly ugly.As far as I am aware the email was sent to the Wollongong club rep John Mazzieri.
As for the Western Suburbs Competition refusing entry to Wollongong, the last time I looked at a map, Wollongong was not in the Western Suburbs of Sydney.
With regards to Wollongong not being allowed to entry the NSWCA Grade matches I dont recall that happening. If they were I would suspect it was because they could find no local venue in Sydney where they could play. Perhaps Matt can provide an actual year.

Also, there is the issue of the 50 point excess rating permitted for one player on the team. There was/is allot of debate about its introduction and continence.This is just more complete rubbish.
The fifty point exemption is not something just recently introduced but has been in place for many years going back prior to 1995.

WTF is it gonna be? WE DONT KNOW. It aint on the web site. Why? This info should always go to the website. Is it a secret? How do we put our teams together when there is NO INFORMATION in the public domain?More rubbish.
Steve Carratt included in the email he sent out the first 3 pages of the Grade Match rules which state quite clearly the rules regarding the 50 point exemption.

No wonder with all this rubbish Sweeney has absolutely no credibility.

Bill Gletsos
20-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Bill -

What about the CJS Purdy tourney? You appeared to have conveniently ignored that from Matty's remarks.No. Look at the time of my post. At that time of the morning I just didnt want to waste any more of my time on him.

I personally consider this cancellation to be an absolutely disgrace. It seems to me insulting to the Purdy family especially since Mr John Purdy was even invited to deliver an inaugural speech last year.When Ralph formualted the idea of the NSW Masters and the CJS Purdy event one of the main aims was to hold the events at the Bridge Centre. Therefore when the Council decided to run the events again this year it was decided to again run them at the Bridge Centre.
Tom Accola as the NSW Secretary was involved in the booking of the venue and discussions with the Bridge Centre. In early March the Bridge Centre informed us that 3 of our proposed Sundays may be a slight problem because they were going to be using the venue until 6pm which would make the timing a little tight. One of our proposed dates was even going to be in use until 7.30pm. With regards the 7.30 pm one we figured we could just reschedule the round to a later weekend. They also informed us they couldnt confirm the booking until they held their up coming committee meeting.
In Mid March they informed us that our weekend of May 1st was now totally unavailable and that June 10th may be a problem.
Because of these issues the NSW Council decided to cancel the events.

Didn't someone donate $10K last year? I believe that was not last year but the year before.

What are we doing with that money exactly? I bet with just a small portion of that - a venue will suddenly be found. Now I'm not all for wanton spend, but we do have to use that money you know.There was never any plans by the Council to use that money for the NSW Masters or CJS Purdy events.
FWIW in an email in November last year I suggested that the NSWCA Council should increase the prize funds for our major events, the City of Sydney, the NSW Open and the NSW State Championship without expecting the increase to be covered by entry fees. Unfortunately it received little support in this regard. This just confirms that chess in NSW is run by the NSWCA Council and not one individual as Matt would have you believe.

Sometimes I think Matty's right.I'm sure when you give it greater thiought you will come to your senses. ;)

Thunderspirit
21-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Actually Lee you are only partially correct.
I clearly didnt want the presidents job in 2003 thats why I didnt nominate for President but only vice Pres.
Having effectively been the defacto president in 2003 I decided that I may as well be the president in 2004 etc.

There are a few people I would would support for NSW President and I'd be happy to go back to being the VP or even the member without portfolio ;)

However there are others who I would most definately not support for President and would stand against them.

Hi Bill,
I was aware that you were happy to VP, though not so keen to be president. Sorry that I didn't say this in my original post.

Bill Gletsos
21-04-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi Bill,
I was aware that you were happy to VP, though not so keen to be president. Sorry that I didn't say this in my original post.Thats ok, Lee.
I knew what you meant, but thought I should clarify it for others.

Bill Gletsos
21-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Sweeney having been wrong in every point he raised regarding the Grade Match Divisions and now tries claiming I am muddying the waters when in fact it is he who is attempting to do just that.

What is wrong with Gletsos. He knows exactly what is being refered to but chooses to muddy the waters. There was conciderable debate and disagreement over raising the division cut-offs by 50 points.
Here Matt has gone off on a tangent having been completely wrong with regards his claims all his previous posts and claims where he mentions 50 points. In his immediately preceding post he had said:

Also, there is the issue of the 50 point excess rating permitted for one player on the team. There was/is allot of debate about its introduction and continence.
It is abundantly clear from his post that he was talking about the 50 point exepemtion for a player in the team and that he is not talking about his so called 50 point increase in the rating divisions.

Even if we look at his original post:

They changed the divisions last year by shifting the cut-offs 50 points up.
It is clear this was complete rubbish as I pointed out in post #202 of this thread when I stated that the division limits have been the same for the past 5 years.

So having been proven wrong in all those claims he now tries switchs changing tack and raises the issue of a supposed disussion to raise the division limits last year by 50 points.

I suggested at a NSWCA Council Meeting prior to last years Grade Matches that because of the 70 point uplift that the rating divisions be increased by 100 points. However the NSWCA Council decided to leave the divisions limits where they had been for many years.

However as can be seen in his quote in post #202 above his original claim about this so called 50 point increase (there was no such increase) was that it supposedly meant club organisers did not know what this years division limits would be is totally false. As I pointed out in my response in post #202 above Steve Carratt made it clear to club organisers what the division limits were for 2005 (the same as they had been for many years).

Sweeney yet again demonstrates why he has absolutley no credibility.

Bill Gletsos
21-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Matt again confirms what a complete idiot he is and again distorts the rtuth.

OK, I mis-remembered the proposed "increase by 100 points" as being 50. I last year was the first time I ever played in the grade matches so the history of the 50 point fudge was not known to me.

So, two peripheral details were wrong on my part - I can live with that. However, the main game was and still is, we have not received any details re the grade matches, and it has not appeared on the website. Given that there was argument over the cut-offs last year - we found ourselves not knowing how to assemble our teams.There is no so called history of the 50 point fudge so the fact last year was your first time playing grade is no excuse for sprouting rubbish. You should have checked your so called facts. As usual you didnt.
Irrespective of it actually being 100 points not 50 there is no 50/100 point fudge.
As I keep pointing out the rating divisions have been the same since 2000. The 50 point exemption for board 1 has been in place for over 10 years.

So its not a case of you just getting two peripheral details wrong. You have every detail wrong be they peripheral, minor or major details.
All up you havent gotten one thing right.

As for you claiming the main game was and still is lack of information regarding the grade matches this is incorrect as I already highlighted.
Steve Carratt in his email to club organisers informed them of the rating divisions and it is obvious they are the same as they have been in recent years. The extract Steve included from the grade match rules also makes it clear the 50 point exemption for top boards is still in place.

Fortunately John Mazzieri is the Wollongong organiser, as Matt clearly has no clue.

antichrist
22-04-2005, 10:28 AM
No. Look at the time of my post. At that time of the morning I just didnt want to waste any more of my time on him.
When Ralph formualted the idea of the NSW Masters and the CJS Purdy event one of the main aims was to hold the events at the Bridge Centre. Therefore when the Council decided to run the events again this year it was decided to again run them at the Bridge Centre.
Tom Accola as the NSW Secretary was involved in the booking of the venue and discussions with the Bridge Centre. In early March the Bridge Centre informed us that 3 of our proposed Sundays may be a slight problem because they were going to be using the venue until 6pm which would make the timing a little tight. One of our proposed dates was even going to be in use until 7.30pm. With regards the 7.30 pm one we figured we could just reschedule the round to a later weekend. They also informed us they couldnt confirm the booking until they held their up coming committee meeting.
In Mid March they informed us that our weekend of May 1st was now totally unavailable and that June 10th may be a problem.

Bill,
taking into consideration AR's points could not the CJS Purdy event be held elsewhere. Maybe Ernest Dorn at Cabravale Diggers could be talked into it if he had to be responsible for the venue only. Improvise, I don't think the Purdys will object, it is better than letting it die or put in a coma. Or Canterbury Bulldogs is more central.

Paul S
22-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Bill -

What about the CJS Purdy tourney? You appeared to have conveniently ignored that from Matty's remarks. I personally consider this cancellation to be an absolutely disgrace. It seems to me insulting to the Purdy family especially since Mr John Purdy was even invited to deliver an inaugural speech last year.

Didn't someone donate $10K last year? What are we doing with that money exactly? I bet with just a small portion of that - a venue will suddenly be found. Now I'm not all for wanton spend, but we do have to use that money you know.

Sometimes I think Matty's right.

AR

I think the root cause behind this cancellation is the fact that there is nobody in the position of Tournaments Officer on the NSWCA Council.

Amiel, here is an opportunity for you! How about YOU volunteer to become NSWCA Tournament Officer and organise the Purdy Memorial Tournament later in the year! :owned:

Paul S
22-04-2005, 05:20 PM
When Ralph formualted the idea of the NSW Masters and the CJS Purdy event one of the main aims was to hold the events at the Bridge Centre. Therefore when the Council decided to run the events again this year it was decided to again run them at the Bridge Centre.
I believe that was not last year but the year before.

To be fair to the NSWCA Council, one of the major problems has been the fact that in 2005 nobody has the position of NSWCA Tournaments Officer, which I suspect is the root cause behind the cancellation of the Purdy Memorial. I know from my time in 2003 on NSWCA Council that most Council members were pressed for time/availability in their existing roles without taking on (or partly taking on) additional roles.

Be that as it may, for Bill to offer the above as a reason for the cancellation is pathetic and an insult to the intelligence of BB viewers. Its not as if Sunday nights are "fully booked" at Sydney venues! Bill, just because you have a high IQ (IMO the second highest on this BB behind Kevin Bonham), do NOT assume that the rest of us are stupid and will therefore believe whatever you tell us! Please do NOT insult our intelligence - while our IQs are lower than your's, we can see more than what you think we can!

I mean, what about the options of:
1) Using the Bridge Centre but just extend the tournament by 2 or 3 weeks to cover the 2 or 3 weeeks where the Bridge Centre was unavailable?
2) Use the Bridge Centre but just reduce the number of rounds by 2 or 3 to cover those weeks where the Bridge centre is unavailable?
3) Using the Bridge Centre for those rounds which it is available, but using an alternative premises (eg the Bowlers Club or NSW Leagues Club) for the 2 or 3 rounds where this is not possible?
4) Ringing up other places in the Sydney CBD (the Bowlers Club and NSW Leagues Club spring readily to mind) to see if they can run the tournament?
5) Ringing up venues outside the Sydney CBD (eg St George or Canterbury Leagues) to see if they can accommodate?

There is no doubt that if the NSWCA Council really wanted to run the Purdy tournament, then they would have!

What is so difficult about someone in the NSWCA Council picking up a phone and making a few calls? Yeah, well, I don't know - its got me beat! Then again, maybe not - after all, during my year on NSWCA Council I never received a phone call from a fellow Council member (during which time I made around 20 to fellow Councillors).

arosar
22-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I think the root cause behind this cancellation is the fact that there is nobody in the position of Tournaments Officer on the NSWCA Council.

Amiel, here is an opportunity for you! How about YOU volunteer to become NSWCA Tournament Officer and organise the Purdy Memorial Tournament later in the year! :owned:

Deal! Will you do my exams for me?

AR

Paul S
22-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Deal! Will you do my exams for me?

AR

OK, no problem! Deal accepted! The NSWCA now has a new Tournaments Officer! :clap:

Amiel will probably fail his exams (as a result of me doing his exams for him), so I think Amiel deserves thanks and credit from the chess community for sacrificing his studies to be NSWCA Tournament Officer! Well done Amiel! :clap:

arosar
22-04-2005, 06:07 PM
OK, no problem! Deal accepted! The NSWCA now has a new Tournaments Officer! :clap:

Amiel will probably fail his exams (as a result of me doing his exams for him), so I think Amiel deserves thanks and credit from the chess community for sacrificing his studies to be NSWCA Tournament Officer! Well done Amiel! :clap:

:wall:

AR

arosar
22-04-2005, 06:39 PM
1) Using the Bridge Centre but just extend the tournament by 2 or 3 weeks to cover the 2 or 3 weeeks where the Bridge Centre was unavailable?
2) Use the Bridge Centre but just reduce the number of rounds by 2 or 3 to cover those weeks where the Bridge centre is unavailable?
3) Using the Bridge Centre for those rounds which it is available, but using an alternative premises (eg the Bowlers Club or NSW Leagues Club) for the 2 or 3 rounds where this is not possible?
4) Ringing up other places in the Sydney CBD (the Bowlers Club and NSW Leagues Club spring readily to mind) to see if they can run the tournament?
5) Ringing up venues outside the Sydney CBD (eg St George or Canterbury Leagues) to see if they can accommodate?

I wish Matty were here. He'd be ranting on about the $80K. He'd prolly say, mate, can you like count the zeros? As I said, flex a little bit of that $10K and as miraculously as the virgin birth, you'll find a venue.

AR

Paul S
22-04-2005, 06:59 PM
I wish Matty were here. He'd be ranting on about the $80K. He'd prolly say, mate, can you like count the zeros? As I said, flex a little bit of that $10K and as miraculously as the virgin birth, you'll find a venue.

AR

He probably is already - on his own BB (that reminds me, I must have a look at what the latest gossip on his website has to say).

Yeah, overall I miss Matt too. While he often went a bit over the top, he nonetheless certainly added some much needed life and colour to this forum!

P.S. Amiel, when is the first exam of yours that I have to sit for? :owned:

Bill Gletsos
22-04-2005, 09:00 PM
To be fair to the NSWCA Council, one of the major problems has been the fact that in 2005 nobody has the position of NSWCA Tournaments Officer, which I suspect is the root cause behind the cancellation of the Purdy Memorial. I know from my time in 2003 on NSWCA Council that most Council members were pressed for time/availability in their existing roles without taking on (or partly taking on) additional roles.

Be that as it may, for Bill to offer the above as a reason for the cancellation is pathetic and an insult to the intelligence of BB viewers. Its not as if Sunday nights are "fully booked" at Sydney venues! Bill, just because you have a high IQ (IMO the second highest on this BB behind Kevin Bonham), do NOT assume that the rest of us are stupid and will therefore believe whatever you tell us! Please do NOT insult our intelligence - while our IQs are lower than your's, we can see more than what you think we can!I didnt make any assumption about the intelligence of the BB viewers. I simply stated the events as they happened.

You need to remember the event has a number of aims:
1) The main reason is to run the FIDE rated NSW Masters.
2) To hold it at an inner city venue.
3) To run it on Sunday evenings.
4) To run a supporting event to cater tfor players not in the NSW Masters event i.e the CJS Purdy Memorial.
5) The venue had to be finalised prior to the planned newsletter mailout to ensure maximum advertising. It was poorly attended last year due to late advertisng.

1) Using the Bridge Centre but just extend the tournament by 2 or 3 weeks to cover the 2 or 3 weeeks where the Bridge Centre was unavailable?Not possible. The event although only 7 rounds already spanned 10 weeks because it specifically didnt clash with the NSWCA May Weekender, The NSW Open nor the Mingara May Major. The 4 weeks after its planned finish date of 3rd July already have significant events such as the NSW Junior Championships, the Fairfield Winter Cup, the ANU Open and the NSWCA July Weekender.
As such there just are no dates available.

This was discussed last year and anything less than 7 rounds is unacceptable.

Perhaps, but the NSWCA Council decided to cancel the event.

5) Ringing up venues outside the Sydney CBD (eg St George or Canterbury Leagues) to see if they can accommodate?This does not meet one of the aims of the event which was to hold it in the inner city.

There is no doubt that if the NSWCA Council really wanted to run the Purdy tournament, then they would have!

What is so difficult about someone in the NSWCA Council picking up a phone and making a few calls? Yeah, well, I don't know - its got me beat! Then again, maybe not - after all, during my year on NSWCA Council I never received a phone call from a fellow Council member (during which time I made around 20 to fellow Councillors).When you are not busy putting together the NSWCA Newsletter or organising chess at Canterbury and St. George perhaps you could use your remaining free time and volunteer to be the NSWCA Tournaments Officer.
Dont get me wrong the Council appreciates your efforts Paul but sometimes it is easy to be critical.
You need to remember that just like you all Council members are unpaid volunteers who have other commitments, commitments that often may take precedence.
There are no suitable dates available in the remainder of the year.
Bottom line is the NSWCA Council runs chess in NSW and the NSWCA Council decided to cancel the event at this time.

Bill Gletsos
22-04-2005, 09:11 PM
He probably is already - on his own BB (that reminds me, I must have a look at what the latest gossip on his website has to say).All he is doing is bleating about being dismissed friom the NSWCA Council last year.

I got just one call from a fellow "country councilor" when a vote was going to be taken on a country chess matter. So I went to the meeting. Three months later and with no phone call, I am axed from the NSWCA. No phone call no explanation nothing.He conveniently forgets to mention that he promised at two Council meetings to organise SCC meetings and never did anything. He not only didnt he attend the February, April, May, June NSWCA Council meetings without ever offering an apolgy either before or after the event, stopped contributing to email discussions from April 5th.
He clearly demonstrated his complete lack of interest to all Council members by this behaviour.
In accordancxe with section 4.IX of the NSWCA Constitution he was removed from office.

arosar
22-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Not possible.

We're confused. The NSWCA site reads: "Cancelled due to Venue Being Unavailable."

If a venue was available, would the tournament have gone ahead then?

By the way - $80,000.

AR

Bill Gletsos
22-04-2005, 10:11 PM
We're confused. The NSWCA site reads: "Cancelled due to Venue Being Unavailable."Whya re you confused. The venue wasnt available on required Sundays we wanted between May 1st and July 3rd.

If a venue was available, would the tournament have gone ahead then?As far as I am concerned, yes.

By the way - $80,000.As far as I am aware money wasnt an issue.
The NSWCA Council couldnt run the event when and where we wanted. As such the NSWCA Council cancelled it.

arosar
22-04-2005, 10:21 PM
As far as I am aware money wasnt an issue.

Eureka!

$80,000.

AR

Bill Gletsos
23-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Sweeney admits his criticism unjustified.

UP DATE:

I have just received an email from our esteemed Wollongong President to say that he has the Grade Match info now. Many thanks to Steve Carrat who was not at fault in theses matters. The original Grade Matches email was not seen/found/received/read, but was sent. So I must in deed withdraw my criticism of the NSWCA on that matter. I could do was to work with all the facts available to me at the time.That last sentence is just a copout,
As usual he followed his usual modus operandi and went off ranting and raving without bothering to check out the facts first.
There was no reason he could not have asked in a polite and reasoned manner instead of carrying on like a complete lunatic ratbag.
Of course if he had done that he wouldnt have been able to criticise the NSWCA Council and he couldnt have that now could he. :whistle:

Lucena
23-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Bill, I don't understand why if you feel obliged to respond to Matt's posts you don't do it on the board on which they were originally made. As far as I am aware there has been no posting of his remarks on this bb?

antichrist
23-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Bill, I don't understand why if you feel obliged to respond to Matt's posts you don't do it on the board on which they were originally made. As far as I am aware there has been no posting of his remarks on this bb?

Spot on GC, I have already offered Bill a good alias to enter Matt's board incognito but he won't have it. The way things are going it seems that Matt's ghost will be for us forever. I even did a poll saying to ban all mention of Matt, I can't win.

That is why Matt is Bill's love child - Matt would not exist without Bill.

Rincewind
23-04-2005, 02:18 PM
That is why Matt is Bill's love child - Matt would not exist without Bill.

And that's why you aren't banned. We wouldn't know what meaning content was without yours to compare them to. ;)

Bill Gletsos
23-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Bill, I don't understand why if you feel obliged to respond to Matt's posts you don't do it on the board on which they were originally made. As far as I am aware there has been no posting of his remarks on this bb?I''v explained why I wont post on his board a number of times already, Gareth.
I wont post on his board where his language directed at me is just disgraceful.
He also clearly has no understanding of moderation as evidenced by how he believes HappyFriends posts should have been handled.

antichrist
23-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Well Bill, have you any strategy for ridding yourself of this lingering bad smell?

I used to have someone purporting to be an upset Jew who would send filthy letters to anyone in chess having to do anything with me, you know about him - he sent many more letters out by the way, well he seems to have given up. I can only guess that I got them more bad publicity then what I was worth.

But so far you are not getting anywhere with Matt.

antichrist
23-04-2005, 05:04 PM
I have it worked out. Because BG does not want to answer "over there" I nominate the BB mods to cut Bill's responses out of BB and insert "over there". That would make everyone happy.

And Bill, a few of the oldies were complaining at last week's rapid that there was no discount for pensioners but that there is for juniors??

Give the oldies a break. We do appreciate them and want them to come.

Paul S
24-04-2005, 01:18 AM
When you are not busy putting together the NSWCA Newsletter or organising chess at Canterbury and St. George perhaps you could use your remaining free time and volunteer to be the NSWCA Tournaments Officer.

I would be a poor choice for this position as I rarely play in NSWCA weekend events.

Besides, we now have a NSWCA Tournaments Officer - Amiel Rosario (see posts 213 and 214 in this thread)! ;) :owned:

antichrist
23-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Bill, can you put it to the approp body, that members of all future rep teams and officials, make a stat dec or some other approp declaration, that they will abide by all requests of FIDE to participate in drug testing.

And that if refuse such requests by FIDE, and the teams' games are disqualifed, that the offending member must compensate all the other members of the team for their expenses of the trip.

ursogr8
23-06-2005, 08:08 PM
^^

It is a pity you posted this on the NSW thread Peter. I would have liked to take issue with your post, but Mexicans have been warned off this thread before.

starter

antichrist
23-06-2005, 08:21 PM
^^

It is a pity you posted this on the NSW thread Peter. I would have liked to take issue with your post, but Mexicans have been warned off this thread before.

starter

You are joking, this is a broad church. I only chose this thread in case it has to go through state council prior to ACF.

Come out fighting, but blowing smoke in my face will only cloud the issue.

ursogr8
23-06-2005, 08:28 PM
You are joking, this is a broad church. I only chose this thread in case it has to go through state council prior to ACF.

Come out fighting, but blowing smoke in my face will only cloud the issue.

Great response of yours a/c. You sure have more jokes per linear-inch than most mailers here. :clap: :clap:

Now....are you annoyed at Shaun because he is Shaun? Or you dead-keen to drug-test chess-players because they are taking performance -enhancing bananas (or something) and they need to be sprung?

Take your time over your answer.

starter

antichrist
23-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Great response of yours a/c. You sure have more jokes per linear-inch than most mailers here. :clap: :clap:

Now....are you annoyed at Shaun because he is Shaun? Or you dead-keen to drug-test chess-players because they are taking performance -enhancing bananas (or something) and they need to be sprung?

Take your time over your answer.

starter

No I only felt sorry for those who may have sacrificed a lot to participate and then all comes to nothing. Very very unfair for a silly reason I thought.

I have found out more about this but can't divulge.

ursogr8
23-06-2005, 10:22 PM
No I only felt sorry for those who may have sacrificed a lot to participate and then all comes to nothing. Very very unfair for a silly reason I thought.

I have found out more about this but can't divulge.

Let me assure you a/c, WE will not make you divulge what you cannot divulge.

But, until we do, just amuse us by answering the second bit of my two part hypothetical. That is, in your opinion, should chess players be drug tested for taking performance-enhancing bananas? :banana:

Take your time answering, but please do not ignore this time.

regards
starter

antichrist
23-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Let me assure you a/c, WE will not make you divulge what you cannot divulge.

But, until we do, just amuse us by answering the second bit of my two part hypothetical. That is, in your opinion, should chess players be drug tested for taking performance-enhancing bananas? :banana:

Take your time answering, but please do not ignore this time.

regards
starter

It doesn't concern me what they test for, as long as everyone is notified well beforehand

ursogr8
24-06-2005, 07:48 AM
It doesn't concern me what they test for, as long as everyone is notified well beforehand

But a/c, for you to have taken this stance (http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=61712&postcount=231) there must be at least one drug that you regard as justifiably verbotten for chess players?

Can we start from the top, and get your opinion?
Is it EPO?

starter

antichrist
24-06-2005, 08:13 AM
But a/c, for you to have taken this stance (http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=61712&postcount=231) there must be at least one drug that you regard as justifiably verbotten for chess players?

Can we start from the top, and get your opinion?
Is it EPO?

starter

Sorry but completely immaterial. Only the principle is important that if an action affects other members of the team that it should be either a team decision or a decision that does not cause the team to suffer in any way.

Isn't that simple enough. They could rule out monty carlo bikkies, felafel rolls and even dim sims if they want to.

ursogr8
24-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Sorry but completely immaterial. Only the principle is important that if an action affects other members of the team that it should be either a team decision or a decision that does not cause the team to suffer in any way.

Isn't that simple enough. They could rule out monty carlo bikkies, felafel rolls and even dim sims if they want to.

Not immaterial a/c, but inconvenient, for your debating position.
Now come on lad, there must be at least one banned substance you are willing to side with FIDE on; cough it up, and we can move to the next stage of the debate.
Name one you generalist you.

starter

antichrist
24-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Not immaterial a/c, but inconvenient, for your debating position.
Now come on lad, there must be at least one banned substance you are willing to side with FIDE on; cough it up, and we can move to the next stage of the debate.
Name one you generalist you.

starter

You should know when you can lead a horse.....but can't...

A stubborn mule this one.
I am not the slightest bit interested, inane prattle again, my brother, brilliant in mechanics, would try and explain to me, I would run away not wanting to even hear about it. Not you realise what you are up against.

I would not even bother to walk across the road to the pub to see man walk on the moon live.

ursogr8
24-06-2005, 09:30 AM
You should know when you can lead a horse.....but can't...

A stubborn mule this one.
I am not the slightest bit interested, inane prattle again, my brother, brilliant in mechanics, would try and explain to me, I would run away not wanting to even hear about it. Not you realise what you are up against.

I would not even bother to walk across the road to the pub to see man walk on the moon live.

a/c

I feel like that old geezer who offered an apple to that bird standing with fig leaves sans else. She doesn't want to bite. :rolleyes:

Now, a/c, I am just going to put the spiked felafel roll down here on the table
where you can see it ===>>> ROLL.
When you are ready to come back and tell me what you DON'T like in the roll, and what FIDE should ban, then post again.
Until then, I think you will find Bill Asleep, Denis Asleep, and Me Elsewhere. ;)

starter

ursogr8
24-06-2005, 10:59 PM
From the SHOUTBOX
a/c >> Bill, what do you think of issue in NSWCA One on one with your prez re players following drug tests?

More to the point a/c....we have been waiting half a day for you to declare which drug you think justifies a test. Or, in other words, which substance is performance enhancing for chess players.
I think you are dawdling. :rolleyes:

starter

Bill Gletsos
24-06-2005, 11:13 PM
This all of course has nothing to do with one on one with the prez. It is a federal issue, not a state issue. ;)

ursogr8
24-06-2005, 11:23 PM
This all of course has nothing to do with one on one with the prez. It is a federal issue, not a state issue. ;)

Bill
I think I am well aware (http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=61737&postcount=232) of territorial issues; but this is where your parishioner appeared to want to debate.

starter

Bill Gletsos
24-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Bill
I think I am well aware (http://chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=61737&postcount=232) of territorial issues; but this is where your parishioner appeared to want to debate.

starterHe can choose what he likes.
I'm not compelled to respond. ;)

antichrist
24-06-2005, 11:31 PM
He can choose what he likes.
I'm not compelled to respond. ;)

Because I thought you were a member of both bodies and thought may have to go through state first which is why put here. Well new thread here we come.

arosar
19-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Mr President Sir, there is a new entry in my blog that requires your ugent attention! We must correct this tragedy immediately. Your constituents demand it.

In case you have not saved in your top 3 fave chess sites, here is the link: http://closetgrandmaster.blogspot.com/

AR

Bill Gletsos
19-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Mr President Sir, there is a new entry in my blog that requires your ugent attention! We must correct this tragedy immediately. Your constituents demand it.

In case you have not saved in your top 3 fave chess sites, here is the link: http://closetgrandmaster.blogspot.com/

ARI take it you are referring to scoresheets. BTW surely you mean carbon copy score sheet's not double sided ones.

arosar
19-07-2005, 07:30 PM
I take it you are referring to scoresheets. BTW surely you mean carbon copy score sheet's not double sided ones.

Yes and yes.

My blog is increasingly attracting some attention Mr Prez. I'm quite happy about it.

AR