PDA

View Full Version : USA on a dollar a day

machomortensen
20-10-2019, 06:45 AM
Darryl Johansen should have written a longer article with that title ... Do anyone know if this article is accessible on the internet?

antichrist
20-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Sorry can't help but I think the Black Ant did Europe refusing even the one dollar

MichaelBaron
21-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Darryl Johansen should have written a longer article with that title ... Do anyone know if this article is accessible on the internet?

I've heard some interesting stories/gossips about that...would be great to hear abut it from Darryl himself. Would love to see the article!

lost
21-10-2019, 04:23 PM
I've heard some interesting stories/gossips about that...would be great to hear abut it from Darryl himself. Would love to see the article!

I have heard the stories from Darryl but it is best for him to talk about this.

lost

MichaelBaron
24-10-2019, 10:39 AM
There are similar stories coming from some other GMs as well...Browne, Fedorowich to name a few. Life of aspiring chess pro can be challenging...and very challenging during the early stages of the career. Same may very well be happening in other sports though.

ER
24-10-2019, 03:00 PM
well as someone who spends time regularly in the US (mainly in north eastern States) let me tell you.
Unless you have someone to support you, and provide food and shelter for you, your efforts to survive on a dollar a day in Philadelphia, Boston and Washington DC will be proven futile.
In NYC things are more relaxed but still if you enter the US for the first time you will be asked politely but firmly by a CBP officer despite having your ESTA approved
to provide evidence that you have sufficient funds (i.e. credit cards, cash, travelers checks, money orders etc.) to keep you going in the country for the time you have declared you are planning to stay.
Now, if you want to sleep rough like Ibi does in Europe don't go there during fall or winter. It gets really freezing cold there. On the other hand you have plenty of free soup and hot dog joints and homeless are given their
own areas as well as blankets to pass the night. You won't be getting any from the community centres because you re not a Yank but hey vagrants and homeless are nice and hospitable people so they will provide you with a used one.If you wake up been torn apart by fleas and bedbugs, or feel a cockroach touring through your clothes don't blame me, I warned you so!
You don't expect to find places like the ones I referred you to, in good areas of Manhattan, maybe down south close to the port or some open areas down West 8th and 9th Streets you 'll sure find something.
DON'T TRY any places like that in Bronx, or Queens or certain areas of Brooklyn like Flatbush were Bobby went to the Erasmus High … Black vagrants aren't known for their anti-racist, peaceful and friendly and hospitable attitude!

antichrist
24-10-2019, 05:58 PM
………………….
Now, if you want to sleep rough like Ibi does in Europe don't go there during fall or winter. It gets really freezing cold there. On the other hand you have plenty of free soup and hot dog joints and homeless are given theirown areas as well as blankets to pass the night. You won't be getting any from the community centres because you re not a Yank but hey vagrants and homeless are nice and hospitable people so they will provide you with a used one.If you wake up been torn apart by fleas and bedbugs, or feel a cockroach touring through your clothes don't blame me, I warned you so!
You don't expect to find places like the ones I referred you to, in good areas of Manhattan, maybe down south close to the port or some open areas down West 8th and 9th Streets you 'll sure find something.
DON'T TRY any places like that in Bronx, or Queens or certain areas of Brooklyn like Flatbush were Bobby went to the Erasmus High … Black vagrants aren't known for their anti-racist, peaceful and friendly and hospitable attitude!

But you omitted to declare if Ibi could fit in okay among the coloured vagrants of Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn? And also you failed to warn that even in National Doral Golf Resort Miami Jack Nicholson Room is also notorious for fleas, bed bugs and cockroaches and it costs a fortune there.

ER
25-10-2019, 05:35 PM
But you omitted to declare if Ibi could fit in okay among the coloured vagrants of Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn? And also you failed to warn that even in National Doral Golf Resort Miami Jack Nicholson Room is also notorious for fleas, bed bugs and cockroaches and it costs a fortune there.

Correct as usual!