PDA

View Full Version : Chesschat search finds Adults Sites

antichrist
12-08-2019, 04:08 PM
The last few days instead of a search immediately finding CC I have been getting other Chess Chat sites plus Adult sites some with Russian titles? Because I can't understand Russian they are useless.

Kevin Bonham
12-08-2019, 04:56 PM
The last few days instead of a search immediately finding CC I have been getting other Chess Chat sites plus Adult sites some with Russian titles? Because I can't understand Russian they are useless.

1. What on earth are you searching for and why on earth are you using search? Which part of "chesschat.org" is too hard to remember? (Or if searching for a specific thread on this site sometimes searching for what you want with site:www.chesschat.org at the end of the search entry is faster than using the search function here.)

2. I don't get any adult sites when searching for either "chesschat" or "chess chat" in the first few pages, not even when searching in incognito mode. Could be a product of your normal search behaviour maybe? :P

antichrist
12-08-2019, 05:11 PM
1. What on earth are you searching for and why on earth are you using search? Which part of "chesschat.org" is too hard to remember? (Or if searching for a specific thread on this site sometimes searching for what you want with site:www.chesschat.org at the end of the search entry is faster than using the search function here.)

2. I don't get any adult sites when searching for either "chesschat" or "chess chat" in the first few pages, not even when searching in incognito mode. Could be a product of your normal search behaviour maybe? :P
It only occurs on my phone after I down loaded updates plus other unusual things so I will blame updates. I was suspicious of the Russians mentioned on that Oz cheating thread.

Patrick Byrom
12-08-2019, 06:04 PM
It only occurs on my phone after I down loaded updates plus other unusual things so I will blame updates. I was suspicious of the Russians mentioned on that Oz cheating thread.I don't have any problems finding Chess Chat. You may have downloaded Russian malware onto your phone.

antichrist
12-08-2019, 06:25 PM
I don't have any problems finding Chess Chat. You may have downloaded Russian malware onto your phone.
Only occurs with chesschat searches no other sites or searches. But now has gone back to normal.

Desmond
13-08-2019, 05:44 PM
The last few days instead of a search immediately finding CC I have been getting other Chess Chat sites plus Adult sites some with Russian titles? Because I can't understand Russian they are useless.Uselss because you're just there to read the articles?