PDA

View Full Version : Asian Seniors Chess Championship 2019

lost
05-08-2019, 11:32 PM
Hi all,

The Asian Senior Chess Championships in Almaty, Kazakhstan is happening from the 8-18 of September. It would be nice if Oceania countries were represented there and we do have Helen Milligan from New Zealand playing in the event.

Anyone who is interested can look at the following link for the registration and regulations of the event: https://www.fide.com/index.php?option=com_fidecalendar&view=fcalview&aid=1646

lost

kmb
29-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Was the 2020 host announced at the end of the Almaty competition or is next year's venue not decided on/haggled over for a while yet?
Thanks

ER
29-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Hi all,

The Asian Senior Chess Championships in Almaty, Kazakhstan is happening from the 8-18 of September. It would be nice if Oceania countries were represented there and we do have Helen Milligan from New Zealand playing in the event.

Anyone who is interested can look at the following link for the registration and regulations of the event: https://www.fide.com/index.php?option=com_fidecalendar&view=fcalview&aid=1646

lost

Hey Lost, how are you?
A bit more than a month's notice for such an event was simply not enough.
If I knew the details I could have organized to fly to Almaty straight from Istanbul or NY Coming all the way back to Aus from Europe or the US and
then having to organize flights again all the way (or most likely with connecting flights) to Kazakhstan would be quite a tedious affair don't you think?
I know you are very responsible and reliable for conveying such information to the Australian chess public,
so I expect you to give us more time for the 2020 event.
Thanks in advance!

ER
29-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Was the 2020 host announced at the end of the Almaty competition or is next year's venue not decided on/haggled over for a while yet?
Thanks

ditto as in my previous post

kmb
29-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Thanks Elliot!
Hopefully they will give prospective seniors more notice next year - will keep my eyes open!
Long time no see, hope you are well.
Kevin Brown

ER
29-10-2019, 09:44 PM
Thanks Elliot!
Hopefully they will give prospective seniors more notice next year - will keep my eyes open!
Long time no see, hope you are well.
Kevin Brown

Hey Kevin, yeah I am fine thanks; how are you mate! True we haven't seen each other since that historic
interclub away win of Box Hill CC vs Ballarat! I hope we might be able to catch up one of these days:)
Maybe somewhere overseas if not in Australia! :)

lost
29-10-2019, 09:45 PM
Hey Lost, how are you?
A bit more than a month's notice for such an event was simply not enough.
If I knew the details I could have organized to fly to Almaty straight from Istanbul or NY Coming all the way back to Aus from Europe or the US and
then having to organize flights again all the way (or most likely with connecting flights) to Kazakhstan would be quite a tedious affair don't you think?
I know you are very responsible and reliable for conveying such information to the Australian chess public,
so I expect you to give us more time for the 2020 event.
Thanks in advance!

Dear ER,

I respect your concerns and of course more than a month's notice would be great indeed, but I was only informed at the time of the post.

Once I have any information on the 2020 event I will immediately post again for sure. Of course, getting to Kazakhstan is not the easiest of places to travel to.

lost

ER
29-10-2019, 09:47 PM
Thanks Lost
I am sure you will do your best! :) cheers son!

lost
29-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Thanks Lost
I am sure you will do your best! :) cheers son!

I have began making enquires already for the 2020 event.

lost

MichaelBaron
29-10-2019, 11:35 PM
I have began making enquires already for the 2020 event.

lost

Please plan the 2026 Championship for Melbourne :)

heligan
30-10-2019, 06:01 AM
Seems to me rather harsh to blame Lost for not informing everyone personally! The 2019 event was announced at the prize-giving of the 2018 event in Tagaytay and flyers for it were handed out there. It appeared in the FIDE Calendar shortly afterwards. It was also advertised on the NZ Chess News Calendar at that time. See
www.newzealandchess.nz
for links to the Calendar and to the Results from 2019, and
https://www.facebook.com/NZChessNews/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10157637040413750
for photos.
Almaty may be a long way from Oceania but was certainly not hard to get to. At the event, I heard of interest for 2020 from the Lebanese federation, but no official announcement was made to players. We shall have to wait and see on that one!

kmb
30-10-2019, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the info - will wait and see as you say.

kmb
30-10-2019, 08:50 AM
Hey Kevin, yeah I am fine thanks; how are you mate! True we haven't seen each other since that historic
interclub away win of Box Hill CC vs Ballarat! I hope we might be able to catch up one of these days:)
Maybe somewhere overseas if not in Australia! :)

All good thanks Elliot - haven't moved a piece for a long time but hoping to get to a senior comp or two in 2020 - look forward to catching up!