PDA

View Full Version : Help With Mt Buller Accomodation

Recherché
25-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm keen to get up to Mt Buller for the Minor Championships if possible - the main hitch at the moment is accommodation. It seems like the only way to get a decent rate is to book a place as a group and share the cost, but I'm by myself.

Is there anyone here who is planning a group booking of accomodation at Mt Buller and needs and/or can accommodate an extra person?

If so please, contact me ASAP. Either reply in the thread here, or send me a PM, or email me at rob_mc@iprimus.com.au

Basically I need somewhere to stay on the nights of the 1st (Saturday), the 2nd, the 3rd, the 4th and the 5th of January.

Thanks.

(If it matters, I'm male, 22, and amiable. I don't smoke or drink.)

Recherché
28-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Still looking. :)

*bump*

Libby
29-12-2004, 09:10 AM
I know at least one person is at Benmore Lodge (probably more). See map http://www.mtbuller.com.au/docs/pdf/map_village.pdf Benmore is T4 No 29. Rate (for us at the Juniors anyway) $30 per night for adults & $15 per child. Share kitchen & bathrooms, common areas etc. You might get a room of your own depending on how many are actually there. It's a relatively flat walk to the ABOM playing hall and the people who stayed there for the schools event said it was great. Across the road from Breathtaker Spa where there is a restaurant & ATM (unfortunately broken down when Shannon visited) Contact Sally 0412 565 336

Avalanche Alpine Lodge (Map P15 No 141). Longer to walk 700-800 m about 200m steeply uphill (same walk as from the Mercure). Contact Jacqui on (03)9894-7375. This info was sent to me by her. You might find you can get a bed in one of their share rooms quite cheaply (you don't have to find a person to share with as their rate - other than the apartments - is per person not total beds in room if that makes sense (ie we have one person in a double room for the Juniors and they pay $200, not $400).

We have fully self contained apartments that can sleep up to 8 people, and include fully equiped kitchenette and lounge area, as well as private bathroom facilities, and a bedroom. The bedroom can sleep 6 (if two sleep in double) and the lounge area has a couch that folds out to a double.

The cost for this apartment regardless of numbers in it = $560 for 7 nights so $1120 for the 14 nights. However if you take two weeks, and there is over 15 guests we will take 10% off this rate. We have plenty of apartments if this is the way you want to go.

However another option is the Standard rooms, where you will have access to our communal kitchen (will be shared with full time summer residents) The rooms are configered in doubles, Triples (double/single), quad (four singles) These costs are as follows:
Double = $200 per person 7 nights
Triple = as above
4-6 share = $160 per person 7 nights
Children get discounts according to age under 14 years 25% off under 6 50% and under 2 is $6 per night

All linen and towels are provided for your convenience and you also have access to our public lounge/licensed bar.

You could also try the Ski Club of Victoria. I don't have lots of info on that one but it was one of the cheaper options I looked at a while ago. They have both motel-style and lodge-style (self catering) accommodation and it is often worth calling as actual rates can be negotiated which are better than those on their website http://www.skivictoria.com.au/ Try calling (03) 57776024.

Finally http://www.mountainbikemtbuller.com.au/mt/spurs.htm has info on cheap accommodation at "Club Spurs" for mountain bikers (you might have to squeeze the old Malvern Star into the trunk) but maybe you could stay there mountain bike or no? It advertises $20pp per night, 4 to a room. Call Chris at Club Spurs (03) 5777 7878

Hope you get there.

Recherché
29-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Accommodation sorted now. :)

Thanks to everyone who helped with info, both here and by email.

Have fun at Mt Buller! (I know I will)