PDA

View Full Version : Video "The magnificent arrest of Paul Charles Dozsa" (not actually him)

machomortensen
05-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Are you sure that this is the REAL Paul D. ??

I always thought that this was a kind of a copycat.

antichrist
05-11-2018, 11:17 PM

did not look like or sound anything like him. that was an english accent.

He gave my son free chess lessons, he was an excellent coach.

ER
05-11-2018, 11:18 PM

well too late to ask him I suppose!

antichrist
05-11-2018, 11:31 PM
well too late to ask him I suppose!

that micro chip would provide an answer.

machomortensen
06-11-2018, 02:28 AM
I think, it's discussed at you tube ... Maybe eg. Guy West can solve the problem?

ER
06-11-2018, 08:25 AM
I think, it's discussed at you tube ... Maybe eg. Guy West can solve the problem?

not going to discuss this any further.
nor to refer to other forums be it uT or fB or whatever.
not interested in hearsay in forums.
In serious (and not so serious) sources in the internet
there's not the slightest shade of doubt that the person in the video
is in fact PCD.

So to answer your question

are you sure he is not?

question is rhetorical! :D :P

antichrist
06-11-2018, 10:14 AM
I could PM a site link that has a good shot of him in later life.

antichrist
06-11-2018, 07:03 PM
not going to discuss this any further.
nor to refer to other forums be it uT or fB or whatever.
not interested in hearsay in forums.
is in fact PCD.

So to answer your question

are you sure he is not?

question is rhetorical! :D :P

I am sure that it is not - the voice completely different. I have contacts in the Hungarian community who had personal experiences with him I can request them to check out?

ER
07-11-2018, 02:03 AM
I could PM a site link that has a good shot of him in later life.

I think I have seen the one you are talking about elsewhere, not so sure though!

Metro
07-11-2018, 11:28 AM
This discussion should be included in this thread devoted to Dosza http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?6823-Dozsa-on-Crimestoppers!/page6&highlight=dosza
The video link is also found there.I met Dosza in Elwood about 2003.He was playing in the State Championship.I spoke to him briefly and my view is the accent of the man in the video is not a match.

Metro
09-11-2018, 04:51 PM
Some video comments:

Bill Egan
4 years ago
I knew Paul well as a personal friend since the 1970s; this is definitely nothing like him, he had infinitely more class and would never have been disrespectful to police or anyone, he was a true gentleman, even if as nutty as a fruitcake

Henrik Mortensen
5 years ago
Sorry to spoil a great story, but this is NOT Paul Dosza (1940 - 2003) from Australia.

MelbourneGamesCoach
5 years ago
Most definitely NOT Paul Charles Dosza, the Hungarian-born chess player, but an amusing video nevertheless!

ER
09-11-2018, 05:50 PM
LOL move the frigging thing away!!!
Well, since no official and I mean serious debunking of the videotaped person being the late PCD by any credible source can be produced
let's be satisfied by the grave digging, court decisions posting, expert hearsay, and chess circle hunger ons-cum- linguistics experts' learned opinion.
Could be useful if we had the local grocery - fruit shop assistant's opinion to testify P.D's accent when he bought his broccoli and brussels sprouts but hey!:D :P

antichrist
09-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Well, since no official and I mean serious debunking of the videotaped person being the late PCD by any credible source can be produced
let's be satisfied by the grave digging, court decisions posting, expert hearsay, and chess circle hunger ons-cum- linguistics experts' learned opinion.
Could be useful if we had the local grocery shop assistant's opinion to testify P.D's accent when he bought his broccoli and brussels sprouts but hey!:D :P

Add GM Ian Rogers and Jammo to the doubters. [analogy deleted - mod] May I ask did you have any conversations with the guy?

ER
09-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Add GM Ian Rogers and Jammo to the doubters.

well they aren't official sources are they? Apart from their titles they 're just people
like you and me! :D they are entitled to their opinion as much
as I am to mine. (which in this case is not that I claim originality of
PCD's video - I myself am a doubter but on the other side of the fense)!

[reply to analogy by antichrist deleted - mod]

May I ask did you have any conversations with the guy?

No! none of your frigging business what I am talking about with the Lord! :D

If you think I am writing all this to flatter or placate you, you can go and get stuffed!

(*) I 've got them all on ignore - serves them right!

(**) trying to talk Capa fan, into giving you Mrs Sarfati's cell phone number was a classic! :D

Kevin Bonham
11-11-2018, 12:54 AM

You previously said:

is in fact PCD.

What are the serious sources?

Given that people who knew Dozsa are saying it definitely isn't him in the video, but you haven't even said what your "serious sources" are, it doesn't seem to me that you're in a position to be demanding "serious debunking". After all you have provided nothing by way of evidence, but on being confronted with evidence of a higher standard than what you have produced, you ask the other side to lift its game. Why don't you lift yours?

And to say that Bill Egan's comment is not a "serious debunking" or that he is not a "credible source" reflects poorly on you and not at all on him.

Kevin Bonham
11-11-2018, 01:00 AM
Moderation notice

For using an off-topic analogy about religion, re which he has been warned several times before, antichrist is banned from this thread and any threads that may be split from it for a month.

This is not negotiable and any attempt to negotiate it will result in a full site ban.

Any further cases of off-topic religious analogies may also result in a full site ban.

The analogy and the resultant off-topic comments have been edited out of the above posts.

Any discussion of this decision may be posted to the Help and Feedback section only and not to this thread.

ER
11-11-2018, 01:47 AM
relax darling, all, I mean the whole premise was with tongue firmly in cheek!

Kevin Bonham
11-11-2018, 02:00 AM
relax darling, all, I mean the whole premise was with tongue firmly in cheek!

Unfortunately with you it's often hard to tell because your "jokes" are so indignant.

So I take it then that you agree that the video is in fact not Dosza? Unless someone is willing to produce at least some useful indication that the video may be Dosza I will title this split thread to reflect that the video is not Dosza - which seems to be the long-standing forum consensus.

ER
11-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Careful with your use of the inverted comas! :P
if my "jokes" are indignant, then what are my jokes? if your answer is "stupid" or "dull" or "not funny" or all of the above or something of that sort I don't care!
After all people who love me laugh with my jokes! :D :P
I don't agree that the videotaped scene depicts or doesn't depict Dosza, as I stated very clearly during my conversation with Antichristos I am a doubter too
but on the other side of the fence! (*)

A short table of smileys and what I mean when I use them
:) = I love you
:D = I am joking
:P = I am joking and taking the mickey
:D & :P = Harmless but unprintable, actually means taking the mickey out of certain people - not necessarily members of cheschat.org but in a not uncertain terms way.

Please include them when you are quoting parts or whole of my posts, thanks in advance!

(*) On second thoughts I wish someone proves that the videotape in question IS NOT PCD!!! Then I can find one of Dosza's relatives either in Hungary or here
sue the living shit out the bastard who produced the thing and go halves in the compensation. OK I know there's not such a thing as dead persons' defamation
in the Australian law but we can claim something based upon damaging the reputation of the deceased person's family or something
I am studying this https://goo.gl/Q2rFUU at the moment and I will ask my lawyer for her opinion (analogy follows: she has barred me of asking her irrelevant questions - isn't she a bit like your treating A/C?)
but when it comes to make a buck out of something don't you worry, she just swoops!!! A legal eagle she is!

Kevin Bonham
11-11-2018, 05:17 PM
[I](*) On second thoughts I wish someone proves that the videotape in question IS NOT PCD!!! Then I can find one of Dosza's relatives either in Hungary or here
sue the living shit out the bastard who produced the thing and go halves in the compensation. OK I know there's not such a thing as dead persons' defamation
in the Australian law but we can claim something based upon damaging the reputation of the deceased person's family or something

I think the issue is that even if attacks on Dosza damaged the reputation of his family in some way (which is unlikely to begin with), his reputation was so bad anyway that being falsely accused of being the chap in the video would have little impact on it.

I am studying this https://goo.gl/Q2rFUU at the moment and I will ask my lawyer for her opinion (analogy follows: she has barred me of asking her irrelevant questions - isn't she a bit like your treating A/C?)

I am unsure if that is a comment about my moderation of AC but if it is, a reminder that commenting about moderation is to occur in the Help and Feedback section only. This is necessary to stop threads from being derailed with arguments about the moderation of those threads. I'll ignore it this time, but only because AC is currently banned from this section. Do not reply to this paragraph.

Desmond
11-11-2018, 08:16 PM
I didn't know him well, but I did meet him and play him in a tournament game once. From my recollection of what he looked like, that's not him.

MichaelBaron
25-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Got reminded of the video by checking out Bill J. Link.
Meeting Paul at chess events was always fun and so was playing against him.

MichaelBaron
25-04-2019, 05:13 PM
I didn't know him well, but I did meet him and play him in a tournament game once. From my recollection of what he looked like, that's not him.

Could be him.

Just a younger version. The face does look similar. So is the way he speaks.

Kevin Bonham
24-08-2019, 11:52 AM
A detailed article about Dosza and the video mystery:

https://thebrag.com/succulent-australian-mystery-who-bloke-iconic-video/

This quotes from a post antichrist made in the other place (currently down) but in fact AC was just dragging a post by Peter Parr from here http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?6823-Dozsa-on-Crimestoppers!&p=168156&viewfull=1#post168156

Ian Rout
24-08-2019, 03:01 PM
A detailed article about Dosza and the video mystery:

https://thebrag.com/succulent-australian-mystery-who-bloke-iconic-video/It don't think it looks like Dosza though when I met him he was older and people change appearance with age. However if it was him then someone who knew him at the right age would have confirmned it by now.

The article suggests it's fictional, rather than a real arrest but of someone else, on the grounds of there being at least three cameras. Add in that there seem to be eight or nine actors in the clip, plus perhaps a director, and you have a lot of people who know the answer and haven't come forward.

The police uniforms may be a clue. Are they authentic? - if so you need either the real police or contacts in a TV/film production house to have access to them. Perhaps it's a police training video, with the "criminal" playing it for comic effort, which also explains how you get five uniformed officers and a detective to deal with a restaurant bill defaulter.

antichrist
24-08-2019, 03:04 PM
I hope they got the story how in the days of the old bank passbook he added a few extra noughts on to con the bank out of $2 000. The Commonwealth Bank if my memory is correct

Kevin Bonham
06-03-2020, 02:48 PM
https://10daily.com.au/news/a200306royhs/the-democracy-manifest-meme-guy-may-not-be-dead-according-to-the-chats-20200306

antichrist
06-03-2020, 03:31 PM
Concerning the immortal line " get your hands off my pen.s, in political protest demos some police would indecently assault girls when arresting them. Maybe that was why they were being arrested. Amazingly other officers attempted to defend the ladies and about 6 cops were fighting each other full on.

Kevin Bonham
06-03-2020, 04:21 PM
https://www.mrdemocracymanifest.com.au/

Desmond
08-03-2020, 05:23 PM
SMH (https://www.smh.com.au/national/this-is-democracy-manifest-mystery-star-of-viral-video-found-at-last-20200307-p547vr.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2e1wDyU5wjxoH6YZSZCvsNqeSxsG-vhc09B6gjku3HPePr2Bp-QUdi_70#Echobox=1583633601) picked the story up also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkQrzgeSnk

Patrick Byrom
07-04-2020, 10:28 PM
https://10daily.com.au/news/a200306royhs/the-democracy-manifest-meme-guy-may-not-be-dead-according-to-the-chats-20200306I actually saw that Chats music video on Rage the other night - I had no idea what it was until the 'Democracy Manifest Guy' turned up.

antichrist
07-04-2020, 10:52 PM
I shared a room with a Sydney restaurant owner during part of my China trip, he told me the story a guy not wanting to pay and was turning viral racist so my friend came out of the kitchen swinging his machete,besides being a kung fu guy. The guy paid up every cent. It was just when Flemo markets had opened and he had the restaurant there.

FM_Bill
02-06-2021, 11:40 PM
The wikipedia page on "democracy manifest" appears to explain it all, including who the man is.

It is not Paul Dosza.

antichrist
03-06-2021, 04:48 AM
The wikipedia page on "democracy manifest" appears to explain it all, including who the man is.

It is not Paul Dosza.

I was more certain of that than what I had for breakfast this morning and I only finished it five minutes ago. Now what was it?

Desmond
14-06-2021, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4d_xsdNzM