PDA

View Full Version : Bill Jordan is on Amazon Author Central

FM_Bill
23-08-2018, 11:01 AM
I have published some chess e-books, eight at the last count.

I am promoting some books for free, usually for a day per book.

My author page is

amazon.com/author/billjordanchess

Adamski
24-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Well done, Bill. Best wishes for your venture!

FM_Bill
26-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Its possible to go to Amazon, click on e-book and read the first 10% pages of a book for free.

FM_Bill
08-10-2018, 01:29 PM
I have over a dozen books now.

For example, Click here (https://read.amazon.com.au/kp/embed?asin=B07GH6949M&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_H6SUBbK49QVPB) to see inside book.

jammo
08-10-2018, 06:48 PM
I have over a dozen books now.

For example, Click here (https://read.amazon.com.au/kp/embed?asin=B07GH6949M&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_H6SUBbK49QVPB) to see inside book.

I downloaded the book and am looking forward to reading it but why are a lot of diagrams cut in half? Also it is regrettable that the convention of White always at the bottom of the board has not been followed.

Chigoresov
09-10-2018, 01:43 PM
I've always thought that 'convention' was annoying - especially for Black-based opening books - Adorjan apparently agrees with the 'Black is OK' series.
I also own various puzzle books with 'Black to Play and Win' where we see things from the winner's point of view.

FM_Bill
09-10-2018, 08:49 PM
I downloaded the book and am looking forward to reading it but why are a lot of diagrams cut in half? Also it is regrettable that the convention of White always at the bottom of the board has not been followed.

This is what a typical diagram looks like on my Kindle for PC, with the page width reduced from the default.
If the width is reduced any further the diagram will be split.

Its possible that split diagrams might be resolved by altering settings.

I don't get any split diagrams on my Kindle PC or the Amazon phone, iphone or kindle previews. Which OS are you using and what EBook reading software are you using?

Are you able to attach a screenshot of a split diagram?

jammo
09-10-2018, 10:54 PM
This is what a typical diagram looks like on my Kindle for PC, with the page width reduced from the default.
If the width is reduced any further the diagram will be split.

Its possible that split diagrams might be resolved by altering settings.

I don't get any split diagrams on my Kindle PC or the Amazon phone, iphone or kindle previews. Which OS are you using and what EBook reading software are you using?

Are you able to attach a screenshot of a split diagram?

3678. Hope this is a screen shot....

antichrist
11-10-2018, 07:23 AM
I've always thought that 'convention' was annoying - especially for Black-based opening books - Adorjan apparently agrees with the 'Black is OK' series.
I also own various puzzle books with 'Black to Play and Win' where we see things from the winner's point of view.

I preferred the old Descriptive Notation for studying Black's games as it more accurately described the position of going forward and attack and was the described in the same format as white. The seventh-described rank becomes vital for the same reasons, i.e., attack.

FM_Bill
11-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Hi Jammo,

did you get my private message?

I will need your email address so I can send you the replacement file.

FM_Bill
23-10-2018, 09:57 PM
This is the current look inside of the book with the glitch in the diagrams. Diagrams are a little tricky as Amazon modifies the document after upload.

I received my first royalty from Amazon.
13 cents.

FM_Bill
24-04-2019, 12:02 PM
I have a heavily discounted count down sale of my book How I Learned Chess

From Thursday, May 9, 2019, 8:00 AM PDT to Tuesday, May 14, 2019 USA Pacific time

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07HF9RPN5

Tony Dowden
01-05-2019, 08:56 PM
Good luck with this venture Bill :)

FM_Bill
24-06-2020, 07:20 PM
My book Opening Strategy Made Easy received the following review from E.Davison.

Great book and super easy to follow. The author has a unique approach and focuses on plans and structures out of the opening instead of a labyrinth of variations. Some of this was basic for me (I'm an 1800 player, used to be high 1900s), but I got a lot out of it still. Well done!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GH1G732