PDA

View Full Version : DGT boards

martinc
10-07-2018, 09:51 AM
The club DGT board is aging and the computor now only indicates that the board is connected but shows no pieces. Any advice from the experts?:confused::confused:

Patrick Byrom
04-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Did you get any help with this - David Esmonde is the Qld expert on DGT boards?

iSage
11-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Hi Martin

Sorry we did not get time to touch on this issue during the QLD Open - I am guessing that your DGT is a Serial Tournament e-board. If the pieces are not displaying, then validating your cabling would be the first step.

I can post you a tested working set of cables to use if you wish, or we can arrange to catch up at the Leo Wilkinson Redcliffe if you are playing.

Regards - David E

Bill Gletsos
11-10-2018, 05:26 PM
Hi Martin

Sorry we did not get time to touch on this issue during the QLD Open - I am guessing that your DGT is a Serial Tournament e-board. If the pieces are not displaying, then validating your cabling would be the first step.

I can post you a tested working set of cables to use if you wish, or we can arrange to catch up at the Leo Wilkinson Redcliffe if you are playing.

Regards - David EMy understanding is that the QLD DGT boards are Bluetooth boards.

Afitz
11-10-2018, 05:50 PM
My understanding is that the QLD DGT boards are Bluetooth boards.

Churchie has 4 x Bluetooth boards, whilst Redcliffe and CAQ have recently bought serial boards. The Bundaberg one is an old serial board from memory. Townsville have 4 boards as well but i'm not sure what type they are.

Bill Gletsos
11-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Churchie has 4 x Bluetooth boards, whilst Redcliffe and CAQ have recently bought serial boards. The Bundaberg one is an old serial board from memory. Townsville have 4 boards as well but i'm not sure what type they are.Thanks for the update.

iSage
12-10-2018, 07:20 AM
Churchie has 4 x Bluetooth boards, whilst Redcliffe and CAQ have recently bought serial boards.

FYI - Last month AuNix used the 4 Churchie bluetooth e-boards and the 8 CAQ + Redcliffe serial e-boards to broadcast the final Round of the Queensland GPS Interschools - with live commentary (15 min delay) by IM Aleks Wohl streamed to YouTube.
http://livechess.aunz.net/index.php/queensland-gps-inter-schools/round-8-acgs-v-nc/

The Anglican Church Grammar School ( Churchie) Premier team all took part in the recent QLD Championships; and the boys finished 9th, 10th, 19th and 23rd in the 26 player field - a great effort!

marlouc
23-08-2019, 06:43 AM
Now DGT have a new device - Centaur. Does anyone know much about this new chess computer?