PDA

View Full Version : 2005 state calendars

Garvinator
17-12-2004, 10:46 AM
I think it would be of assistance for a lot of posters if each state could post their 2005 state tournament calendars.

http://www.chessvictoria.com/CAL_05_at_041208.htm this is CV's

Garvinator
17-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Starter, how do you change the link to general text?

Recherché
17-12-2004, 12:06 PM

[ url=http://www.website.com/dir/link.html]Descriptive Text Goes Here[/url ]

Remove the spaces, and you get:

Descriptive Text Goes Here (http://www.website.com/dir/link.html)

ursogr8
17-12-2004, 03:05 PM

gg''

One of the most flattering things you have ever asked me. A techo. question. And to imagine you would think I would know the answer too.

Thank you. Thank you.

Kegless has me pegged; I know less than K. has forgotten on techo stuff.

But thank you again for asking.

I can suggest two approaches...
> Bill advises "The search function is your friend"
>> Eddie Maguire always allows....Dial-a-friend.

And that is what Rech' (Rob) is. And he has already answered you.
Mexicans are very helpful.

starter

Garvinator
17-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Mexicans are very helpful.
yes they are, at least you have posted your state calendar. Clearly others are still constructing theres. I am looking at adelaide, perth, canberra and hobart. Just spoken to Rob but need more info about CAWA calendar, which I am sure Rob will provide ;)

George will ring me soon, so that just leaves Kevin and act to give me info :D. I know about Doeberl but we are a chance up here to run a tournament over that weekend that i will probably be in charge of, so might not be able to come down to doeberl, so can i have further information about when your tournaments are please act ppl :D :cool:

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Should come to the NSW Open ggray. Queens Birthday Long Weekend

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Should come to the NSW Open ggray. Queens Birthday Long Weekend
i was there for the last one in 2004 ;) Trent, as I said i am looking at all those juicy cheap fares and wanting to go somewhere.

I found out that CAWA wont have confirmed their calendar for a couple of weeks, so the fares will probably have gone by then. No cheap fares to launie, so Tassie is a miss :( that leaves adelaide and George will be sending me their calendar in a couple of days.

Lucena
18-12-2004, 01:12 AM
Any ideas when the NSWCA will have 2005 calendar ready? Bill?

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 01:15 AM
I think very soon. still fine tuning some small aspects i think *checks email*

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 01:30 AM
I think very soon. still fine tuning some small aspects i think *checks email*

Try this....

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 01:53 AM
is there a conspiracy to keep me in qld? It appears from the calendar trent that there are no weekend tournaments in sydney from 1st feb to 31st may. The two large weekender tournaments in sydney are before and after these dates :(

I know there is the newcastle tournaments, but also looking for tournaments in capital cities.

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 01:58 AM
That is about when the City of Sydney Starts. There is a May weekender 14-15 May.

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 02:00 AM
That is about when the City of Sydney Starts. There is a May weekender 14-15 May.
that is rose bay right? where exactly is rose bay?

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 02:02 AM
that is rose bay right? where exactly is rose bay?
Eastern Suburbs of sydney. On sydney Harbour. Nice view from venue.

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 02:05 AM
Eastern Suburbs of sydney. On sydney Harbour. Nice view from venue.
yeah i did a google search, i know roughly where it is :D that tournament is looking good then.

PHAT
18-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Try this....

Try: It has a mistake. Commonman contact is not as shown. It should be me and my email address. Thamks in advance, for getting it fixed.

Spiny Norman
18-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Try this....(attached file)

Trent, how 'bout presenting that list by means of a table rather than using TABs-n-spaces? It goes all over the shop on my PC (i.e. no clear presentation of the columns, presumably due to different tab-stop or other settings on my PC).

Rincewind
18-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Trent, how 'bout presenting that list by means of a table rather than using TABs-n-spaces? It goes all over the shop on my PC (i.e. no clear presentation of the columns, presumably due to different tab-stop or other settings on my PC).

Agree, in Word a table is the way to go. Currently looks like a dog's breakfast.

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Agree, in Word a table is the way to go. Currently looks like a dog's breakfast.
hey give trent a break. Maybe it wasnt going to be released for a couple of weeks or so, but due to my asking, trent put up the only rough copy he had available. I dont think that would be the finished version, just a version he put up cause i wanted a state calendar.

Thanks again Trent.

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 12:01 PM
I just downloaded the file from my email address. Peter Cassetari prepared this list which will be sent out to NSWCA members in the next mailout (which i think is being prepared this weekend or very soon). It should also soon be available on the NSWCA website.

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Trent,

Can i confirm the date of the Rose Bay weekender is 14th and 15th May 2005?

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 01:24 PM
ggray it is a fairly safe bet. But i would wait until it has been published on the NSWCA website just to cover my rear end :D

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 01:28 PM
ggray it is a fairly safe bet. But i would wait until it has been published on the NSWCA website just to cover my rear end :D
and by that time all the cheap fares that match the time of this tournament will be gone if it is a week or so before it appears on the nswca website :( so it will be just like CAWA.

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Tell you what ggray. i'll email peter cassetari and ask him......

Rincewind
18-12-2004, 02:14 PM
hey give trent a break. Maybe it wasnt going to be released for a couple of weeks or so, but due to my asking, trent put up the only rough copy he had available. I dont think that would be the finished version, just a version he put up cause i wanted a state calendar.

Just providing constructive feedback. If I didn't reiterate Frosty's suggestion then you could say I was having a go. Trent is doing a good job getting all this together, but it needs to be in a form people are going to be able to work with.

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Hey lets use the chesschat calendar!!!!!!!!!

BTW it will be much easy to access the tournament listing when it gets onto the website.

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Tell you what ggray. i'll email peter cassetari and ask him......
thank you :clap: :clap:

Bill Gletsos
18-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Any ideas when the NSWCA will have 2005 calendar ready? Bill?
It should be going out next week, along with a membership form and some tournament adverts.

Trent Parker
18-12-2004, 02:29 PM
thank you :clap: :clap:

Just received an email. The Mailout was done yesterday. NSWCA member should recieve their mailouts in the next couple of (work) days

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Just received an email. The Mailout was done yesterday. NSWCA member should recieve their mailouts in the next couple of (work) days
was it also done by email too, so that ppl recieved the nswca calendar by email?

Bill Gletsos
18-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Try: It has a mistake. Commonman contact is not as shown. It should be me and my email address. Thamks in advance, for getting it fixed.
I understand Peter Cassettari copied it from the 2004 calendar. It is too bad you didnt notice that the 2004 one was incorrect.
Unfortunately is too late now as the 2005 calendar has already been printed.

Trent Parker
25-12-2004, 12:19 AM
So garvin.... What NSW events u planning on playing?

Garvinator
25-12-2004, 12:32 AM
So garvin.... What NSW events u planning on playing?
not sure trent, I actually took the $99 flights and am going to adelaide for their adelaide cup. I am aware that is the same weekend as the rose bay tourney. Not sure about any of the others as they kinda clash with some of our tourneys up here. I think Ill wait till the next set of cheap fares to come out before making any decisions.

Trent Parker
25-12-2004, 09:47 PM
What tourneys are on the gold coast next year ggray?