PDA

View Full Version : Queensland win 2017 Australian Interstate Correspondence Chess Championship

Brian_Jones
21-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Congratulations to Queensland who win 2016 Australian Interstate Correspondence Chess Championship.

Players are

1. Greg Devine
2. Jeff Nutt
3. Richard Egelstaff
4. Maris Cekulis
5. Garvin Gray
6. Wayne Fraser

See https://www.iccf.com/event?id=59107

Patrick Byrom
23-03-2017, 12:15 AM
Well done everybody! :clap:

It's great to see that some players who no longer play OTB are still playing serious chess.

MichaelBaron
31-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Well done everybody! :clap:

It's great to see that some players who no longer play OTB are still playing serious chess.

Congrats to QLD. I noticed that chesschatter Gavin G. scored picket fence on his board!

Capablanca-Fan
01-04-2017, 07:27 AM
Congrats to QLD. I noticed that chesschatter Gavin G. scored picket fence on his board!

No surprise to me, considering his strength in correspondence play shown on this site.

Kevin Bonham
01-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Quite interested to see Tasmania had a team, which did okay, as I don't know much about the current Tasmanian correspondence chess scene. Are there residency requirements for representing a state?

Brian_Jones
03-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Quite interested to see Tasmania had a team, which did okay, as I don't know much about the current Tasmanian correspondence chess scene. Are there residency requirements for representing a state?

Apart from the Henri family, Tasmania has a few stronger players in the wings - Derek Roebuck currently lives in London: Steve Mazza is now a resident.

Birth or residence is the qualification requirement

Vlad
07-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, is computer assistance allowed in this competition? Thanks.

Brian_Jones
07-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, is computer assistance allowed in this competition? Thanks.

Yes of course Vlad, all ICCF events allow the use of books, databases and engines - do you want to join CCLA and play for Australia?

Just register as an aussie at www.iccf.com and join Max, Yuan and David who are all CCLA members!