PDA

View Full Version : Toukley 2005

skip to my lou
10-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Attached are details of Toukley 2005.

Brian_Jones
01-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks skip to my lou (or is that loo). Toukley is definitely going ahead 19/20 February 2005. Restricted to players rated Under 2000. Venue Toukley RSL (NSW Central Coast) with yours truly as DOP as in previous years. Seven rounds. Registration 9.30 Saturday. Round 1 starts 10.00am. No need to enter in advance (unless you plan to be late or require a first round bye). Toukley will be a cash only pay on the day event. Generous prizes. As always it will attract lots of juniors for another nice friendly event. Look forward to seeing you there. (Bring your little brother!)

skip to my lou
01-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks skip to my lou (or is that loo). Toukley is definitely going ahead 19/20 February 2005. Restricted to players rated Under 2000. Venue Toukley RSL (NSW Central Coast) with yours truly as DOP as in previous years. Seven rounds. Registration 9.30 Saturday. Round 1 starts 10.00am. No need to enter in advance (unless you plan to be late or require a first round bye). Toukley will be a cash only pay on the day event. Generous prizes. As always it will attract lots of juniors for another nice friendly event. Look forward to seeing you there. (Bring your little brother!)

I'm quite sure it's 'lou' :)

Not sure if I can make it or not yet, will have to think about it later on.

Is Koala back on?

Brian_Jones
02-01-2005, 10:12 AM
No, we are not meeting regularly on Saturday afternooons in 2005.
But we will enter 1 or 2 teams in the Sydney Western Suburbs Chess Premiership (WSCP) which starts on 1 March 2005. Let me know if you want to play regularly!

Brian_Jones
27-01-2005, 07:49 AM
I hear a rumour that the ACTJCL could bring a bus load of players to Toukley.
Could be an interesting tournament!

Trent Parker
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
You going K?

I'm going. So are my mates: Chiddy brothers.

jenni
10-02-2005, 08:11 PM

Not enough players for a bus, but I know of at least 7 who are going down. (No Olivers for a change).

skip to my lou
10-02-2005, 09:30 PM
You going K?

I'm going. So are my mates: Chiddy brothers.

Nope, my dad and bro are going.

Trent Parker
15-02-2005, 08:31 AM
RE: Accomodation:

Beachcomber.... appears full.
Waters Edge in...ONe more room carrying 4 people for $120 (or was it 140?)
Bridge View....... Rooms available for $120

But ive found another place :D

www.yellowpages.com.au is you friend :D

Will post it here after i confirm my booking :D

Trent Parker
15-02-2005, 10:27 AM
RE: Accomodation:

Beachcomber.... appears full.
Waters Edge in...ONe more room carrying 4 people for $120 (or was it 140?)
Bridge View....... Rooms available for $120

But ive found another place :D

www.yellowpages.com.au is you friend :D

Will post it here after i confirm my booking :D

Dammit Dammit Dammit

Toukley Motor Inn is Full now as well. :wall: :wall: :mad:

Libby
15-02-2005, 01:18 PM

Hi Brian

Sorry - the success of the Mt Buller bus (for us) made me give it a go this time but takers were thin on the ground. I am being a very brave girl (re-read all postings about women who can't read maps) and driving up myself with Kayleigh, Andrew Brown & Tor Lattimore.

If you don't see us on Saturday morning please send a search party. Anywhere between the Victorian & Queensland borders is a possibility.

Libby

Dammit Dammit Dammit

Toukley Motor Inn is Full now as well. :wall: :wall: :mad:

I got the last room at the Toukley Motel :owned:

Brian_Jones
15-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi Libby

Look forward to seeing you all 9.30am on Saturday at Toukley RSL.
The young navigators will help you find the way!

Best wishes

Brian

Libby
15-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi Libby

Look forward to seeing you all 9.30am on Saturday at Toukley RSL.
The young navigators will help you find the way!

Best wishes

Brian

Thanks Brian

I believe Tor is on his L plates so I might see if I can give him some practice with the Sydney traffic - throw them in and see if they can swim and all that. (only kidding Tor if you're "guesting" here - although you may come to think it's not such a bad idea :eek: )

BTW Brian - had you heard that they are making (or have made) a film of The Magic Roundabout? I was a big fan somewhere back in the Dark (or at least B&W) Ages. I think I even had some sort of comic or magazine on the show. Blame it on the pommy parentage, I still have the Rupert Bear annuals.

Libby

Rincewind
15-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Blame it on the pommy parentage, I still have the Rupert Bear annuals.

What about Beano?

Trent Parker
15-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey Libby, Your coming up from canberra right? The easiest way is to get off the M5 at the "cross Roads" which, when you turn right at the exit, takes you onto the Hume Hwy follow that until just before you leave liverpool and turn Left onto the Cumberland Highway. The cumberland highway is a series of roads that connects the Hume at Liverpool to the Pacific at Hornsby. But nearing Hornsby the Sydney - Newcastle Freeway starts. Take the Syd-Newc freeway until you get to the Sparks road turnoff. Head straight ahead. Sparks road eventually leads to the bridge and changes it's name to Main Rd Which the venue is on.

If you need any further help PM me.

BTW What Day are you going up?

Libby
16-02-2005, 05:59 AM
What about Beano?

No, but I did like Sooty.

Libby
16-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Hey Libby, Your coming up from canberra right? The easiest way is to get off the M5 at the "cross Roads" which, when you turn right at the exit, takes you onto the Hume Hwy follow that until just before you leave liverpool and turn Left onto the Cumberland Highway. The cumberland highway is a series of roads that connects the Hume at Liverpool to the Pacific at Hornsby. But nearing Hornsby the Sydney - Newcastle Freeway starts. Take the Syd-Newc freeway until you get to the Sparks road turnoff. Head straight ahead. Sparks road eventually leads to the bridge and changes it's name to Main Rd Which the venue is on.

If you need any further help PM me.

BTW What Day are you going up?

Picking up my various charges from school (have added an extra so the small back seat will be very cosy) and setting off Friday afternoon. We should reach Sydney by peak hour.

Thanks for the directions. My husband has instructions to mark the map with a highlighter pen and the guys in the car are in charge of steering me in the right direction. I have a bit of a dose of helpless-female-syndrome when it comes to this stuff. My (chess) daughter thinks it's hilarious and has been giving me heaps about it all week.

jenni
20-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Anyone know who won, or how the Canberra contingent went?

Alan Shore
20-02-2005, 08:37 PM
No, but I did like Sooty.

Hehe.. Sooty was one of my favourites! (Or rather, Sweep was) :)

Trent Parker
20-02-2005, 11:26 PM

David Castor Won with 6.5/7 and Thanked god for showing him an exchange sacrifice in the last game. :lol:
Cant remember who came second or third.

U1800, 1600, 1400,1200 prize getters all scored 4 points. (which included myself).

i"m sure brian will put something up???

My Personal Performance
Lost Round one to Hannagan with a bodgy BDG (i was white)

Won Round twon gainst Ian Dickson where he played a bodgy French Defence (by transposition) (I was White)

Lost third Round to Mark Baterowicz where i had a brain explosion in the opening and lost pretty convincingly (Black)

Won fourth Round agains my mate Rory Chiddy (Black)

Won 5th Round game against the ACT's Jey Hoole in a nice staunton gambit. (White)

Lost sixth Round against ACT's Mos Ali in a very interesting Birds opening game. Will supply this game in the "Birds opening " thread. (Black)

Won Seventh Round against George Smit in an interesting KID/Pirc. At one stage i was three pawns down and then decided to sac a rook for the win. (I had a bit of an "all or nothing" mentallity) (White)

Trent Parker
21-02-2005, 01:30 AM
From NSWCA website....

Place Name Feder Loc Score

1 Castor, David NSW 1973 6.5
2 Bautista, Elpidio NSW 1850 6
3 Ikeda, Junta ACT 1916 5.5
4-9 Wright, Neil S NSW 1996 5
Chan, Jason NSW 1957 5
Illingworth, Max NSW 1839 5
Zvedeniouk, Ilia NSW 1978 5
Bautista, Edgar 5
Mendes da Costa, Alex NSW 1877 5
10 Lattimore, Tor ACT 1829 4.5
11-23 Stead, Kerry NSW 1999 4
Murrell, Malcolm R NSW 1687 4
Guo-Yuthok, Sherab ACT 1578 4
Ali, Mosaddeque ACT 1734 4
Ramachandram, Raj NSW 1543 4
Brown, Andrew ACT 1521 4
Baterowicz, Mark NSW 1608 4
Topfer, Nick ACT 1388 4
Myers, John QLD 1973 4
Harris, Benjamin NSW 1588 4
Behne-Smith, David NSW 1420 4
Parker, Trent NSW 1367 4
Guenette, Pierre C NSW 1678 4
24-25 Kordahi, Nicholas NSW 1741 3.5
Guo, Emma ACT 1060 3.5
26-37 Smit, George NSW 1555 3
Hannagan, Peter K NSW 1780 3
Farrell, Keith R NSW 1406 3
Tubic, Luka NSW 1505 3
Keuning, Anthony V NSW 1600 3
Ikeda, Miona ACT 1298 3
Hoole, Jeyaranjan ACT 1524 3
Smith, Kayleigh ACT 1075 3
Ivanovic, Radislav NSW 1413 3
Greenwood, Norman NSW 1518 3
Losh, Gary NSW 1524 3
Dickson, Ian C NSW 1560 3
38-40 Ong, Lara ACT 843 2.5
Phillips, Andrew NSW 2.5
Mann, Barry R NSW 1554 2.5
41-46 Chiddy, Rory 2
Keuning, Patrick J NSW 1244 2
Whiteside, Ben 2
Rajendran, Prem NSW 646 2
Chiddy, Lance NSW 932 2
Wright, Allan NSW 1268 2
47 Mehen, Alex NSW 1
48 Smith, Harry F NSW 1411 0

Libby
21-02-2005, 07:39 AM

Everyone (yes- everyone) from the ACT won a prize of some description.

I believe I may have won the prize for the longest trip home. After boasting of coasting up there in a breezy 4.5 hours we got home in about 7.

Something about pelting rain, traffic congestion in the approach to Sydney, missing the first Canberra turnoff and then almost running out of petrol in Yass made for an exciting journey. By the time I dropped the three guys home as well ... Anyway, I was assured my CD collection was up to scratch and none of them minded the more scenic route home.

Although Nick Topfer should be careful of statements like it "makes him feel so old" when he finds CDs of his choice amongst my collection. :naughty:

Brian_Jones
21-02-2005, 08:57 AM
I think everybody had a slow damp trip home from Toukley. The Freeway back to Sydney is always a problem on Sunday evening and it was made a lot worse by the torrential rain. It took me 2-2.5 hours to get back to Riverstone!
It rained almost all night but has now finally stopped!

We gave 23 prizes - almost a 50% hit rate!

Trent Parker
21-02-2005, 10:01 AM
It took us about 3.5 hours to get home... including a break for dinner at McCrap. By the time we got to Picton. There was no more rain. :D

jenni
21-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Had a long talk to Libby this morning. It appears to have been a very well run, enjoyable tournament as usual. :clap:

Lucena
23-02-2005, 08:23 PM
David Castor Won with 6.5/7 and Thanked god for showing him an exchange sacrifice in the last game. :lol:

I have it on good authority that in David's last game no exchange sacrifice in fact took place and in thanking God for "the most important exchange sacrifice of all" he was actually talking about Jesus's atoning death on the cross.

antichrist
24-02-2005, 01:41 AM
I have it on good authority that in David's last game no exchange sacrifice in fact took place and in thanking God for "the most important exchange sacrifice of all" he was actually talking about Jesus's atoning death on the cross.

Good sense of humour, he must rate that one over the 30 pieces of silver exchanged for JC by Judas. But now when thinking of it, if it was not for the Judas exhange the latter one would not have occurred -- so which is more important?

We are been humancentric or selfish by looking at it as atonement. It could almost be irrelevant - Old Man god could have just popped another JC out clone-like.

No need for intercourse, pregnancy, labour, birth, bringing up - just pop!

Even though it would break the law of nothing coming from nothing and the extra material in the universe causing catastrophy.

I am just brainstorming, I am not an expert on any of this.

Trent Parker
24-02-2005, 07:06 AM

Oops. Okay...... :doh: :uhoh:

I believe your "good authoriy". My mistake