PDA

View Full Version : Trading Forums

skip to my lou
09-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Would you be interested in having trading post type forums where people can buy / sell / request stuff, and where chess businesses can make discount offers to the members of Chess Chat?

arosar
09-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Nope.

AR

Trent Parker
09-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Would you be interested in having trading post type forums where people can buy / sell / request stuff, and where chess businesses can make discount offers to the members of Chess Chat?

If it attracts more people to the site. yeah. go for it!

second comment

Why not arosar?

Spiny Norman
10-12-2004, 05:03 AM

Why not just create a pointer to eBay? They've got all the facilities, can help with processing the payments, and for the seller they reach a much wider audience than we could ever hope to so (although I concede our group is chess-focused):

Home > All Categories > Toys & Hobbies > Games > Board Games > Chess

skip to my lou
10-12-2004, 05:48 AM
But is it possible for someone to request an item on eBay?

arosar
10-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Why not arosar?

Cos if I wanna buy something I go direct to ACE or CDS.

But if you want it, you can have it.

AR

Garvinator
10-12-2004, 09:19 AM
well you can use the search function and i have never had a problem trying to find something I am looking for.

Spiny Norman
10-12-2004, 06:05 PM

If you mean "can I advertise that I'm interested in buying a certain kind of item", then no, I don't believe that's possible (someone correct me if you know this to be wrong).

I have just emailed eBay with the suggestion that they add an "items wanted" area where those who are looking for something unusual can advertise their interest.