PDA

View Full Version : Active Rating List inclusions/exclusions

The_Wise_Man
09-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Bill

Looking at your last couple of rating lists... have you done any analysis on activity drop-off (ie something like the number of people that drop off the list divided by the the total number of actively rated players) and activity pick-up (ie new players and players re-entering the active list divided by the total number of actively rated players.

The_Wise_Man

rob
13-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Bill

Looking at your last couple of rating lists... have you done any analysis on activity drop-off (ie something like the number of people that drop off the list divided by the the total number of actively rated players) and activity pick-up (ie new players and players re-entering the active list divided by the total number of actively rated players.

The_Wise_Man

I'd be more interested in the average rating of players joining the rating list and the average rating of players dropping off the list for the same period. Split by juniors and seniors could be interesting.

If the stream of juniors joining and leaving the list have considerably different ratings (on average) then a lot of points may have been gained or lost from them by their opponents and we're in danger of inflation or deflation :hmm:

I'm sure the RD will reduce the effect of this and someone will tell me if my assumption is wrong or has no significance :)