PDA

View Full Version : Asian Nations Cup Abu Dhabi - chance to be in NZ team!

flukey
26-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Hi everyone,

The Asian Nations Cup (effectively the Asian Teams Champs) is being held in Abu Dhabi from 28 March to 7 April 2016. Full details in this invitation http://www.newzealandchess.co.nz/downloads/2016AsianNationsInvitation.pdf

I'm keen to play and NZCF have advised there are so far no one else who has asked so it is a matter of seeing whether a 4 man team can be organised by 5 February. Basically you'd get to play 9 games against very good Asian opposition, and also have the chance to play in an individual rapid tourney on 7 April.

Each person would have to cover their airfares (at first check looks to be about $2000), and approx US$150 for entry and reg fees. Accommodation and all meals are provided by the organisers. The hotel looks pretty ok, a 4 star modern Novotel with a nice pool etc.

If you happen to be a government employee you might be eligible for paid representing New Zealand leave.

If you're interested, just reply here or send me a message. Or track me down on Facebook and send a message that way. As noted above, basic commitment needed by 5 Feb.

Cheers Stephen Lukey

flukey
26-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Small correction, the rapid and blitz events on the 7th and 8th April are also team events.

Ben Giles
26-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Hi Stephen,

I'm keen. I've sent my email address to you on facebook. Keep me posted as to how it's looking.

Regards,
Ben

flukey
28-01-2016, 05:45 AM
So far strong interest from Stephen Lukey, Tony Love, and Ben Giles. One more and we have a team!