PDA

View Full Version : AU domain problem?

Rincewind
01-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Is anyone else having problems resolving the au domains at the moment or is just an issue with my DNS?

PHAT
01-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Is anyone else having problems resolving the au domains at the moment or is just an issue with my DNS?

OK, I will bring some.

skip to my lou
01-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Working fine for me. Try contacting your ISP; possibly their DNS records or servers are a bit stuffed.

PHAT
01-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Working fine for me. Try contacting your ISP; possibly their DNS records or servers are a bit stuffed.

Centre self, LHS.

Rincewind
02-12-2004, 07:38 AM

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I ended up do some study as edu.au sites still seemed to be OK. I'll check it later today but I suspect the ISP will have got its act together by then, if they are to blame.

skip to my lou
02-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Learning something every day :)

Using iptables to forward ports works really well, so there is no need to wait for 48 hour world wide propogation before sites work again

Rincewind
02-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Learning something every day :)

Using iptables to forward ports works really well, so there is no need to wait for 48 hour world wide propogation before sites work again

You could even arrange your network so all traffic hits the one box/IP and then port forwards to multiple servers sitting behind this server. The actual servers wouldn't even need public IPs. Provided you didn't want two servers to listen on the same port of course.

Then if you change server you can easily reallocate your IPs internally or just update the iptables on your gateway.

PHAT
02-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Then if you change server you can easily reallocate your IPs internally or just update the iptables on your gateway.

Yes. I hear it was a slatter - almost like the prawn.

skip to my lou
02-12-2004, 05:58 PM
You could even arrange your network so all traffic hits the one box/IP and then port forwards to multiple servers sitting behind this server. The actual servers wouldn't even need public IPs. Provided you didn't want two servers to listen on the same port of course.

Yes I'm considering doing this for chesslib.

Also chesslib works really well on SCSI + Raid 5

Rhubarb
02-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Yes. I hear it was a slatter - almost like the prawn.
Centre self. GFYS.

skip to my lou
07-12-2004, 08:37 PM
mysqldump chesslib > chesslib.sql

It's been going for 10 hours now on a Dual Opteron 242 with 4GB RAM and SCSI Raid 5 :eek:

Spiny Norman
08-12-2004, 06:22 AM
mysqldump chesslib > chesslib.sql

It's been going for 10 hours now on a Dual Opteron 242 with 4GB RAM and SCSI Raid 5 :eek:

Holy cow! :cool: