PDA

View Full Version : Thread AC entitled "Science Whatever", probably just random rubbish

antichrist
13-11-2014, 08:35 PM
http://www.aei.org/publication/the-2011-nobel-prize-and-the-debate-over-jewish-iq

The 2011 Nobel Prize and the Debate over Jewish IQ
Botticini and Eckstein also show that most of the Jewish converts to Christianity in the first centuries CE were uneducated farmers, concentrating literacy among Jews even further.26
AC: The Christians sort got the rough end of the pineapple

Rincewind
13-11-2014, 10:16 PM
AEI, seriously?

antichrist
14-11-2014, 09:02 AM
AEI, seriously?

Maybe I should have posted in Festival of Dangerous Ideas instead.

I just loved the quip of Christianity getting the naive and they end up with Jono - the more changes the more stays the same

Rincewind
14-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Maybe I should have posted in Festival of Dangerous Ideas instead.

I just loved the quip of Christianity getting the naive and they end up with Jono - the more changes the more stays the same

That argument would seem to be specious anyway because 1st century uneducated does not mean unintelligent. Farmers and fishermen were in those occupations because that is what their fathers before them had done. They were not selected by intelligence. Even today there is still an element of that but post industreal revolution there is certainly much grater occupational mobility both in general and between generations.

But posting a link to the AEI is something I would expect Jono to be doing rather than you considering they are one of the biggest neoconservative propaganda producers.

antichrist
14-11-2014, 11:12 AM
That argument would seem to be specious anyway because 1st century uneducated does not mean unintelligent. Farmers and fishermen were in those occupations because that is what their fathers before them had done. They were not selected by intelligence. Even today there is still an element of that but post industreal revolution there is certainly much grater occupational mobility both in general and between generations.

But posting a link to the AEI is something I would expect Jono to be doing rather than you considering they are one of the biggest neo-conservative propaganda producers.

I had not even noticed AEI, I see another article there now and get the gist of what you are getting at.

Adamski
14-11-2014, 12:01 PM
AEI, seriously?And the article is hardly current - it is dated 2011.

antichrist
14-11-2014, 02:04 PM
And the article is hardly current - it is dated 2011.

I doubt the gene pool has varied much since then. How I see it science and subspecies stats can be used to at face value validate anything.

My original quip re Christians getting the rough end only refers to Jewish Christians 2,000 years ago approx. The other ethnic Christians don't come under the same disadvantage but they could may well have as well if no study has disproved. It probably did occur but the smarter ones became atheist anyway.

antichrist
21-11-2014, 05:52 AM
[QUOTE=Capablanca-Fan;387140]Good decision. Vaccination is probably the only wholehearted agreement I have with KB and RW on a non-chess issue, and AC should not hijack the thread.

AC
And we all know that you don't attempt to hijack science with Creationism nonsense.

Capablanca-Fan
21-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Good decision. Vaccination is probably the only wholehearted agreement I have with KB and RW on a non-chess issue, and AC should not hijack the thread.

AC
And we all know that you don't attempt to hijack science with Creationism nonsense.
What crap. I didn't mention creation in that thread, but stuck to the topic. I could have mentioned my article on Ebola (http://creation.com/ebola-fall) which advocated the flu vaccination to prevent a serious and sometimes fatal illness caused by another negative-sense RNA virus, and my refutations of anti-vax fallacies in the comments below the article.

antichrist
21-11-2014, 08:49 PM
What crap. I didn't mention creation in that thread, but stuck to the topic. I could have mentioned my article on Ebola (http://creation.com/ebola-fall) which advocated the flu vaccination to prevent a serious and sometimes fatal illness caused by another negative-sense RNA virus, and my refutations of anti-vax fallacies in the comments below the article.

I did not mention your hijacking in that thread but meant in general. But wait I just checked out that Creationist site you linked and came across this Creationist rubbish: The basic answer is that viruses and bacteria were not disease-causing before the Fall, but had beneficial functions. Also, our immune system has suffered the effects of the Curse, so no longer works as well.

You are guilty as sin!

MichaelBaron
22-11-2014, 12:17 AM
Indeed random rubbish :)

Capablanca-Fan
22-11-2014, 01:17 AM
I did not mention your hijacking in that thread but meant in general. But wait I just checked out that Creationist site you linked and came across this Creationist rubbish: The basic answer is that viruses and bacteria were not disease-causing before the Fall, but had beneficial functions. Also, our immune system has suffered the effects of the Curse, so no longer works as well.

You are guilty as sin!
Only replied because you practically invited me to. Of course, I justified that claim. But you won't find me inserting creation into most political and chess threads the way you insert antisemitism and atheopathy everywhere.

Kevin Bonham
22-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Moderation Notice

This thread is not up to adequate standard. As AC has now deleted his last post to it the thread is now locked without further ado.