PDA

View Full Version : How does playing an unrated player work?

The_Wise_Man
19-11-2004, 04:19 PM
When playing an unrated player how does this affect the rated player in terms of change to their rating...
what rating base do you use for the unrated player?
I heard that its the unrated players first rating... is this correct...

Wise

Trent Parker
19-11-2004, 09:48 PM
I could be wrong here but if an unrated player obtains enough games (and results) in that tournament then that rating is used.... definitely not sure though

Bill Gletsos
19-11-2004, 11:49 PM
When playing an unrated player how does this affect the rated player in terms of change to their rating...
what rating base do you use for the unrated player?
I heard that its the unrated players first rating... is this correct...

Wise
The unrated players rating is calculated from all his results within the rating period against both rated and other unrated players.
It is this "performance" rating that is then used as his rating by his opponents.
Of course unrated players who score 0% or 100% for the period remain unrated.

This only applies however to players who are currently not on the list or who are listed as Unr or New on the list.

Players with a rating of ng where n is a number from 1-8 already have a rating determined by the system, it is just not published as they have not yet played 9 games. For these players oppoents this unpublsihed rating is used.

DoroPhil
25-01-2005, 10:18 PM
The unrated players rating is calculated from all his results within the rating period against both rated and other unrated players.
It is this "performance" rating that is then used as his rating by his opponents.

This only applies however to players who are currently not on the list or who are listed as Unr or New on the list.

Players with a rating of ng where n is a number from 1-8 already have a rating determined by the system, it is just not published as they have not yet played 9 games. For these players oppoents this unpublsihed rating is used.

What about the player who is ACF-unrated but has a Fide rating? If one plays such a player is he considered to be unrated or his Fide rating is used instead?

And what about all those deviations (!!,!,?,??)? Which one of those is the Acf-unrated but Fide-rated player considered to be?

Bill Gletsos
25-01-2005, 10:36 PM
What about the player who is ACF-unrated but has a Fide rating? If one plays such a player is he considered to be unrated or his Fide rating is used instead?

And what about all those deviations (!!,!,?,??)? Which one of those is the Acf-unrated but Fide-rated player considered to be?
If a player is new to the ACF list but has a FIDE rating then their current FIDE rating is used. The RD used for a player is assigned by me depending on a number of factors. e.g. how many total games, how recent was their activity and how many recent games.

DoroPhil
25-01-2005, 10:39 PM
If a player is new to the ACF list but has a FIDE rating then their current FIDE rating is used. The RD used for a player is assigned by me depending on a number of factors. e.g. how many total games, how recent was their activity and how many recent games.

Ok. Thanks Bill.

Garvinator
05-05-2005, 04:52 PM

ok thanks Bill and this is how i thought it would work.