PDA

View Full Version : Online Signup

skip to my lou
09-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Online signup + many more updates coming today. If you are signing up online, you must pay by credit card.

skip to my lou
09-11-2004, 04:46 PM
If you sign up for concession, you must provide valid proof of concession at mt buller. Failure to provide valid proof of concession will not result in a refund.

Garvinator
09-11-2004, 04:51 PM
To add more information,

Failure to pay correct entry fee and if claiming concession entry fees, failure to prove entitlement to concession entry fees, will result in non entry. Filling in the entry form without payment is not acceptable, this will also result in non entry.

The organising team also retain the right to ask in person for proof of concessional entry fee claims.

Garvin Gray
Mt Buller Chess Tournaments Organiser.

skip to my lou
22-11-2004, 09:26 AM

Garvinator
22-11-2004, 10:56 AM
how does a person accesss this link on www.mtbullerchess.com. This link needs to be very obvious. :D

ursogr8
22-11-2004, 11:39 AM
how does a person accesss this link on www.mtbullerchess.com. This link needs to be very obvious. :D

grey

Bill and I had this discussion on some other thread, where he gave me to useful advice "The SEARCH function is your friend".

So, just go to 'Enter a keyword' on the Mt B. site, type ENTER and click GO.

starter

skip to my lou
22-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Gray: I'm working on the site now.

Starter: The search function isn't working at the moment, and it's not built for site search anyway, it's built for game search. E.g you type Johansen and all his games will come up.

bobby1972
24-11-2004, 09:17 AM
with dec 1st coming where do you send the entry ,money order to,i got the booklet but there is nothing no entry form in it no address.thanks

Garvinator
24-11-2004, 09:22 AM
with dec 1st coming where do you send the entry ,money order to,i got the booklet but there is nothing no entry form in it no address.thanks
you can enter online if you wish. In the coach booking form and chess entry form it says- send entries to:
Mt Buller Chess
PO Box 201
Burnside SA 5066

So if you are making out a cheque, address it to Mt Buller chess.

skip to my lou
25-11-2004, 07:46 AM
Looking good. Over $300 worth of orders on just the first day.

Commentator
28-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Looking good. Over $300 worth of orders on just the first day.

Seven entries can be viewed at confirmed entries (http://www.mtbullerchess.com/open/generalInformation.php).

skip to my lou
28-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Seven entries can be viewed at confirmed entries (http://www.mtbullerchess.com/open/generalInformation.php).

That is for titled players only.

Garvinator
28-11-2004, 10:26 PM
That is for titled players only.
so that would mean that the commentary is not completely accurate ;)

ursogr8
29-11-2004, 06:54 AM
so that would mean that the commentary is not completely accurate ;)

gg''

What is not accurate is a good question.
From what K. says, if you click on Search the software doesn't ..(except for a small subset of data), and if you click on Confirmed Entries then apparently that is a subset too.
We will watch with interest to see who has good logic.

starter

ursogr8
29-11-2004, 07:01 AM
Starter: The search function isn't working at the moment, and it's not built for site search anyway, it's built for game search. E.g you type Johansen and all his games will come up.

K. :rolleyes:
There is a section that says
SEARCH! Keyword GO

and there is another button that says
Game SEARCH.

I was referring to the first in my response to gg''.

starter

skip to my lou
29-11-2004, 09:09 AM
I was referring to the same search box. The first one is quick search, the second one is advanced search.

bobby1972
02-12-2004, 08:36 AM
where is the players list why only 7 so far

skip to my lou
02-12-2004, 09:39 AM
George has not given me any other list to publish.

george
02-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi All,

I have been waiting for the early bird time to expire which it now has for the Open. I am preparing for the schools this weekend but on 6th December I will send ******** the updated entries. At the moment we have about 60 confirmed entries for the Lidums Australian Open Chess Championship which is about where I was hoping to be at this stage in the Entry Cycle.

Regards
George Howard

skip to my lou
04-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Early entry has been extended till sunday evening for online signup only.

PHAT
04-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Suggestion:

Very many people like to know "who is going." The effect is often, "if X is going, so will I." Perhaps a daily list of entries would help boost numbers.

Start a que and people will join it.

skip to my lou
04-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Good idea, but I still have no list from any of the organisers.

Garvinator
04-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Suggestion:

Very many people like to know "who is going." The effect is often, "if X is going, so will I." Perhaps a daily list of entries would help boost numbers.

Start a que and people will join it.
Hello Matt,

Later tonight after the first days play at the ASTC, Charles and myself will be inputting names into swiss perfect for all events that have entered so far. We will then display all players in rating order on here and STML will put them on www.mtbullerchess.com
Hope this helps.

arosar
14-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Mr Jeo sir, are you collecting, storing and using data securely?
Do you have a privacy policy at all?
Did you perform any in-depth UAT on your site? What sort of TDD and VTA did you do?

I sorta wonder these cos in the shouts TP reckons your site accepts credit cards - but I suspect you're using some sort of 3rd party gateway, no? There just does not appear to be any signage on your site to warn users this.

Shall I post these in the Privacy thread?

AR

skip to my lou
14-12-2004, 03:59 PM
It's a third party gateway, 2checkout.com. The only data we get to see is the following:

Event name, Type of entry, Full name, Address, Australian, Gender, Date of birth, Email, 2Checkout Reference number.

This data is sent to George and Garvin via Email and then deleted from the server.

We do not see or store Credit Card information.

auriga
14-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Did you perform any in-depth UAT on your site? What sort of TDD and VTA did you do?

i'm sure skip would have done an exhaustive UAT, TDD followed by a VTA.
goes without saying.

skip to my lou
23-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Online entries will close around 2AM or 3AM for the open and minor