PDA

View Full Version : Starter is famous!

Brian_Jones
05-11-2004, 01:39 PM
I was just reading one of the Chesscafe chess columns (as you do) when I noticed that Starter gets a plug for a game played at Box Hill!
http://www.chesscafe.com/lane/lane.htm Any comments Starter?

Rincewind
05-11-2004, 02:18 PM
I was just reading one of the Chesscafe chess columns (as you do) when I noticed that Starter gets a plug for a game played at Box Hill!
http://www.chesscafe.com/lane/lane.htm Any comments Starter?

They call him "starter" so it is no surprise that he is an opening theorist of renown. I wonder if Medina was nervous that Eid might trot out the Stanning var. at move 8. ;)

Rhubarb
05-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Any comments Starter?
Umm ... probably not.

Hey Jeo, any chance of bringing back starter if he promises to shut up on sensitive issues. It's just that the international rugby season starts tomorrow and I'm dying to kick his ass over on the footy thread.

Bill Gletsos
05-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Umm ... probably not.

Hey Jeo, any chance of bringing back starter if he promises to shut up on sensitive issues. It's just that the international rugby season starts tomorrow and I'm dying to kick his ass over on the footy thread.
It would appear that Starter isnt banned.
He just changed his custom title to Banned.

Rhubarb
05-11-2004, 05:01 PM
It would appear that Starter isnt banned.
He just changed his custom title to Banned.
Oh right, thanks.

eclectic
05-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Oh right, thanks.

in line with the idea of legless, kegless, perhaps your avatar should be more floor prone and labelled mr been laidout :P

eclectic

ps

re starter

can it be that i've grown accustomed to the differential of his metric?

[apologies to g b shaw, prof 'enry 'iggins an' all thart OWWWW!! the raon in spaon]

Rhubarb
05-11-2004, 11:05 PM
in line with the idea of legless, kegless, perhaps your avatar should be more floor prone and labelled mr been laidout :P

Nice one. OK, eclectic, I'm dying to know, what is your avatar? Is it a piece of your brain? :banana:

JGB
05-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Nice one. OK, eclectic, I'm dying to know, what is your avatar? Is it a piece of your brain? :banana:

Really what is that mess you call an avatar? I always though eclectic's avatar was meant someone taking LSD's tripping out, especially the personal picture one (if it is a personal picture then perhaps Kegless is correct with his brain theory?).

Recherché
06-11-2004, 02:01 PM
OK, eclectic, I'm dying to know, what is your avatar? Is it a piece of your brain? :banana:

Actually it's a postmodern artistic interpretating of a dancing banana. ;)

eclectic
06-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Actually it's a postmodern artistic interpretating of a dancing banana. ;)

Recherché,

You don't happen to be an art critic for one of the upbeat newspapers?

:cool:

eclectic

Recherché
06-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Recherché,

You don't happen to be an art critic for one of the upbeat newspapers?

:cool:

eclectic

Actually I'm involved in professional paranormal investigation and elimination (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/). (20th Anniversary)

eclectic
06-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Actually I'm involved in professional paranormal investigation and elimination (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/). (20th Anniversary)

a ha!

so you are investigating the supreme emperor's long absence along with maverick new user like ghosts whose ectoplasms are given the jeo treatment?

;)

eclectic

Feldgrau
06-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Based on the logic of the title of the thread I'm as famous as starter. Wow.

Slow night.

FeldGrau

Garvinator
06-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Based on the logic of the title of the thread I'm as famous as starter. Wow.

Slow night.

FeldGrau
not just a slow night but a slow week ;) and btw how are you just as famous as starter. I dont know your name in person, so can you show me how you are as famous as starter ;) :D

eclectic
06-11-2004, 09:14 PM
not just a slow night but a slow week ;) and btw how are you just as famous as starter. I dont know your name in person, so can you show me how you are as famous as starter ;) :D

his opponent in the referred game perhaps ?

just a guess

no idea actually

(no offence noidea ;) )

eclectic

Garvinator
06-11-2004, 09:21 PM

just a guess

no idea actually

(no offence noidea ;) )

eclectic
wouldnt it be amusing if it was noidea that he was playing :lol: :lol: :whistle:

Bill Gletsos
07-11-2004, 12:14 AM
That is what I took his comment to mean.

ursogr8
14-11-2004, 01:43 PM

just a guess

eclectic

I don't think so.
My impression from previous posts is that Feldgrau is not a daylight-saver.

Rhubarb
14-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Feldgrau's identity has never been much of a mystery to me. The same cannot be said of his choice of handle ...

Bill Gletsos
14-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Feldgrau's identity has never been much of a mystery to me.
Would this happen to be a QLD player who last played a rated game in the June 2003 period and is currently rated between 2250 and 2300. ;)

Garvinator
14-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Would this happen to be a QLD player who last played a rated game in the June 2003 period and is currently rated between 2250 and 2300. ;)
and does this person have a title :uhoh:

Bill Gletsos
14-11-2004, 06:21 PM
and does this person have a title :uhoh:
Perhaps, perhaps not. ;)

Garvinator
14-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Perhaps, perhaps not. ;)
:hmm: the mystery deepens :whistle:

Bill Gletsos
14-11-2004, 06:35 PM
:hmm: the mystery deepens :whistle:
Well I wouldnt want to make it too easy.
Of course I might have the wrong person. :rolleyes:

Garvinator
14-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Well I wouldnt want to make it too easy.
Of course I might have the wrong person. :rolleyes:
i do have a suspect but dont want to turn this into another chesslover episode ;)