PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Quick access to "New Games"

Spiny Norman
02-11-2004, 07:46 AM
Hi all, (espec. Jeo),

One of the things I like best about this board is the opportunity to look at people's games ... whether they're experts, or beginners, I find I can learn something from just about all of them. Part of the enjoyment is that I feel that I know the players, at least in some way. Its also more convenient for me to look at games here than to go trawling the 'Net to various other sites in search of games that interest me.

So I've been thinking about ways to encourage more games to be posted. I have two suggestions:

(1) Would it be possible to emulate that "New Posts" functionality with a "New Games" subset list that brings together all the new games from across all the threads into a single list? One click would show me all the new ones posted since the last time I looked.

(2) I'm prepared to offer some prizes for up to three (3) categories of games posted. You guys/gals can decide on the criteria. It can be "best game" or "best sacrificial game" or "best innovation" or "best game between CC members" or whatever you like. The prizes can be something simple, like a bottle of wine from my wife's family's vineyard (they have won gold medals for their Shiraz, so I'm not being "cheap" here!). :cool: I will provide the wine, and pay shipping/handling costs also.

Over to you all. If there are any other suggestions for seeing more games posted, that'd be great too.

Steve

skip to my lou
02-11-2004, 01:52 PM
I will integrate ChessLib into Mt Buller Chess site this weekend. If it works out well then I will integrate it into the forum also. Basically ChessLib is a online database program I built, that has some very nice search functions, and it's quick too, but I haven't had much time to develop it further.

Spiny Norman
03-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Thanks Jeo, sounds good! :)