PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts!

Saragossa
06-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Jehovah's witnesses regularly visit, we have good rapport and chat freely. However, early last week, my housemate answered the door and said, 'I don't believe in God, I'm a lady of science'. This relieved me as I didn't have to tease her about being religious. When discussing the visit in a linked conversation, prior to which we discussed reasons why we aren't believers, she mentioned that a house she lived in was haunted. Another housemate of mine also believed this, so does a relative and several of my classmates. 11/11 cases are atheists but a few have weird pseudoreligious beliefs like a fairykingdom or nature being a spirit. Blows me away so I thought I would share with the intention of discussing why something like this is occurring or if anyone else is having similar experiences.

Desmond
06-08-2013, 07:34 AM
It's all a lot of superstitious bollocks. The ghosts stories are too.

antichrist
06-08-2013, 07:59 AM
It's all a lot of superstitious bollocks. The ghosts stories are too.

what about the ghost of Elvis he is regularly seen by thousands. It is even in a song.

antichrist
06-08-2013, 09:18 AM
when youngsters a bro of mine hid under a cousins bed wrapped up in a white sheet - when the cous was asleep and in the dark out comes my bro making ghost noises. Frightened the poop out of him and he was never the same again. No bull that story

Rincewind
06-08-2013, 10:35 AM
when youngsters a bro of mine hid under a cousins bed wrapped up in a white sheet - when the cous was asleep and in the dark out comes my bro making ghost noises. Frightened the poop out of him and he was never the same again. No bull that story

That is a good analogy to how religions in general works in societies, where your cousin is the credulous population and your brother plays the role of religion.