PDA

View Full Version : CM Titles from old Oceania Zonals

Kevin Bonham
07-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I am away from home so don't have access to my email to email all who have contacted me about this (til Monday night), but I have just received a reply regarding CM titles in old Oceania Zonals.

As some have noticed the restriction on the number of CM titles in a Zonal has been removed by FIDE, so it is no longer just the top two eligible players. This removal is not retrospective, but it happened longer ago than some people realise.

For players who met the requirements for the CM title of a Zonal score 4/9 and above, those who did so in the 2011 Oceania Zonal can apply for the title. Contact me if you would like to do this; you'll have to pay for it.

Those who did so in the 2007 and 2009 Zonals are not eligible unless they were eligible by virtue of being one of the top two players not eligible for another title who scored 4/9 and above.

Kevin Bonham
11-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Those who wish to apply now based on the 2011 Zonal or on eligibility for an older zonal have one week to contact me now, receive instructions and pay, to take advantage of the current rate ($74) and avoid any risk of future fee increases.