PDA

View Full Version : Asian Continental Championships

heligan
14-02-2013, 12:30 PM
I have just been told that the Asian Continental, Open and Women's, has been moved from Kazakhstan to the Philippines. Dates have not been given; I believe it is late May. Presumably NZ will be entitled to free entry/accommodation for one player in the Open and one in the Women's. It would be nice if the organisers could give us sufficient time to arrange selection procedures and negotiations with employers for time off, etc. Meanwhile, if anyone is interested, please get in touch now and I will do my best to keep you informed. The Philippines at short notice is somewhat more possible than Kazakhstan at short notice, but still it would be pleasant to have six months' lead-up to these events!

heligan
15-02-2013, 05:55 AM
Philippine Open International Chess Championship/ASIAN Continental, May 24-31, Ninoy Aquino Stadium, Rizal Memorial Sports Complex Standard, Manila.

No further details or invite as yet. However, any New Zealander who might be interested in playing should get in touch with me.

heligan
10-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Dates are now given as May 17th - 27th. It has been confirmed that NZ is entitled to one free place (free entry and accommodation) in the Open and one free place in the Women's. However, we still have no further information nor an official invite. Interested players should get in touch with me.