PDA

View Full Version : Pope to resign

Kevin Bonham
11-02-2013, 09:32 PM
The Pope will resign at the end of the month becoming the first Pope to do so for many centuries.

This quote has been reported:

Strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me.

Rincewind
12-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Here is an interesting tidbit on this story...

Latin helped Italian journalist get scoop on Pope (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-12/latin-helped-journo-get-scoop-on-pope/4513416)

Desmond
07-03-2013, 07:42 AM
I guess that makes him an ex-Benedict. That's breakfast sorted.

Where's AC when you need him?

Rincewind
07-03-2013, 09:41 AM

I don't know. That situation has never come up.

Garrett
07-03-2013, 09:52 AM
:D :D :D :clap:

Adamski
07-03-2013, 11:00 PM
I guess that makes him an ex-Benedict. That's breakfast sorted.

Definitely worth a LOL!

antichrist
12-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Nominations are hereby opened for position of Pope of Rome, the Dirty Dozen, that includes Cardinal Pell of Sydney, are being zipped up for safety reasons. I will bet a hundred to one that a coloured does not get the nod.

Tony Abbott, a devout Catholic, surely is a hot nomination.
KB and RW act likes popes though both denying his bosses' existence. But are always pronouncing ex-cathedra when in mods corner
Gunnar Duggan, definitely could perform with distinction, providing the Pope's garb could be Arsenal's colours.
MOre nominations???

Eddie Obeid another candidate for sure - another devout Catholic whom I am sure has kissed the Pope's ring. Would be terrific for getting the numbers on side.

Desmond
12-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Julia's probably considering her next career move.

Kevin Bonham
12-03-2013, 07:45 PM
I'll give AC leeway for his off-topic mention of moderation given the recency of his return (no bannings, deletion at worst) ... but only until the white smoke appears from the Vatican. :owned:

ER
14-03-2013, 09:41 AM
HABEMUS PAPAM FRANCISCUM!

Garrett
14-03-2013, 09:58 AM
yeah that's great.

antichrist
14-03-2013, 10:43 AM
yeah that's great.

yeah what is great, now the white smoke my head is on the chopping block again? I only came back out of pity. If a pope can resign then so can I!

Kevin Bonham
14-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Curiously when I had a go at the Pontifficator (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2013/mar/12/choose-your-own-pope-pontifficator) site yesterday, after excluding all those who were:

* defensive towards other faiths
* completely opposed to contraception
* facing criticism over sexual abuse scandals
* facing criticism over Vatileaks
* conservative or ultra-conservative
* not considered up to it

... I was left with only two, one of whom was the guy who got the job. When I read about him last night and saw that even he was still strongly opposed to same-sex marriage I decided, not to my surprise, that the whole thing was a bit of a loss.

antichrist
14-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I thought the Ghanian had a snowflakes chance in hell, due to his colour, the Filipino Tagle may have been the peoples choice, I will provide his promo video shortly: http://www.balitangamerica.tv/tagle-supporters-wage-online-campaign-for-papacy-amidol-style/

---------------------------------------------------------------

Why Dutchie had no chance- was a groover

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...owitz+%2891%29

---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2013/02/good-riddance-to-pope-benedict-he-was-a-disaster.html?intcid=obnetwork

The guy in God's waiting room is not very popular

William AS
14-03-2013, 04:15 PM
yeah what is great, now the white smoke my head is on the chopping block again? I only came back out of pity. If a pope can resign then so can I!
We are waiting. ;)

antichrist
14-03-2013, 10:59 PM
God to resign publically in front of Vatican conclave, then apologise for stuffing up his creation and committing suicide. For years I would swear to Christians that God comitted suicide in front of me on my farm on hills (no the funny stuff was on next gate's farm!), and done best to sound convincing, really disturbed them.

The previous pope's resignation was due to multi-pope issue, in days of anti-popes etc., imagine if they were both declaring ex-cathedra simultaneously and contradictory. It would be like RW and KB having a blue

antichrist
14-03-2013, 11:14 PM
After studying Inquisition and what happened to women (the IRon Maiden) I came to conclusion that the Popes were gay (and anti-women) but not in the classical sense, now the beans have being spilt I may have been correct.

Adamski
15-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Surprised the Cardinals picked a 77 year-old with one lung. Hard to see him in the role for 10 years.

Rincewind
15-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Surprised the Cardinals picked a 77 year-old with one lung. Hard to see him in the role for 10 years.

Certainly if the apocalypse arrived you would want a guy with two lungs.

antichrist
15-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Certainly if the apocalypse arrived you would want a guy with two lungs.

just wondering if he could expel hot air both ways at once