PDA

View Full Version : World Series of Poker in Melbourne

Desmond
21-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Anyone going to play?

http://www.wsop.com/2013/APAC/

World Series of Poker Asia-Pacific (WSOP APAC) will take place April 4-15, 2013, at Crown Melbourne and feature five WSOP gold bracelet events.

There will be non-stop cash games, satellites and several other options for poker players during this action-packed poker festival.

The complete schedule and dates are expected to be announced later this year.

that Caesar guy
21-10-2012, 08:38 PM
If I accumulate the funds, it's very likely. Sounds awesome!

Kerry Stead
21-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Although I like the idea, I can't help but feel as though it will simply become like a mini Aussie Millions, and not a true SERIES of poker like the Las Vegas based WSOP is. I suspect the vast majority of the 5 events (if not all of them) will be holdem of varying forms & entry fees, as that is the game that will get the numbers that Crown (and the WSOP brand) would be looking for.
Although the WSOP (and WSOPE) structures are some of the best around, and you'd assume the WSOPAPAC would be run along similar lines, the size of the starting stacks in relation to the buy-in (typically 3 x buy-in = start stack; eg: $1500 event = 4500 starting stack), mean that the 'cheaper' events have a reduced skill factor & the bigger events that have an increased skill factor rely on players having a sizable bankroll, or some luck in satellites.
Unless they have a HORSE or mixed game with a 10k+ start stack & a buy-in of $2000 or less, I doubt as though I will be playing in any events.
I'd much prefer to spend the extra money to go to Las Vegas for the 'real' WSOP & have a great time there!

Desmond
22-10-2012, 03:03 AM
The first WSOPE had a PLO and HORSE so I'd expect at least 1 of each of those formats.

Kerry Stead
22-10-2012, 08:29 PM
The first WSOPE had a PLO and HORSE so I'd expect at least 1 of each of those formats.
From memory though it was a $10k HORSE ... which is just slightly out of my price range :P

Desmond
23-10-2012, 07:26 AM
From memory though it was a $10k HORSE ... which is just slightly out of my price range :P
It was 2,500 UK pounds.

I reckon with 5 events there will be a couple in the $1,500-$2,500 price range.

Desmond
30-07-2013, 07:47 PM
final table is up on youtube for anyone interested

NJCyCyn2Eyw