PDA

View Full Version : Max Illingworth vs. Houdini 1.5 (correspondence)

Max Illingworth
19-07-2012, 05:39 PM
As Houdini doesn't have a feature for setting the colour, I will take the white pieces in this game.

To make the match fair and interesting, no engine assistance is allowed for the human player, and no human assistance (outside of being an 'operator') is permitted for the computer. Also I ask that spectators only comment on the moves already played, not the current position.

I suggest that the time control be a maximum of one move per month, so that I do not lose on time during the Istanbul Olympiad. If a move is played in one second, the time not spent does not accumulate to the total time one can use.

My first move is 1.e4.

jammo
19-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm bored already ... and I'm not sure that I'll live long enough to see the end of the game ... but I'm impressed with your first move.

Jay
19-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Perhaps we should follow the great Bobby's lead with

1 e4!

J

JGB
19-07-2012, 09:24 PM
So if I check this thread again in 12 months time we might only be here... ;)

1. e4 d6 2. d4 Nf6 3. Nc3 e5 4. Nf3 Nbd7 5.Bc4 Be7 6. O-O c6 7. a4 h6 8. Re1 Qc7 9. h3 Nf8 10. Be3 Ng6

Kevin Bonham
19-07-2012, 09:27 PM
If Houdini plays that with black it should be melted down for scrap. :lol:

JGB
19-07-2012, 09:37 PM
If Houdini plays that with black it should be melted down for scrap. :lol:

I hope they didn't melt down GM Czebe after he tried this against Max in Budapest?!

Kevin Bonham
19-07-2012, 10:19 PM
I hope they didn't melt down GM Czebe after he tried this against Max in Budapest?!

Mere mortals are excused such things. :eek:

Max Illingworth
19-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I only started this thread because Jono wanted a different thread title for the correspondence section of the Forum.

Houdini has decided on the move 1...e5. My response is 2.Nf3.

Capablanca-Fan
20-07-2012, 11:28 AM
I only started this thread because Jono wanted a different thread title for the correspondence section of the Forum.
Thanks Max!

Davidflude
20-07-2012, 12:35 PM
As Houdini doesn't have a feature for setting the colour, I will take the white pieces in this game.

To make the match fair and interesting, no engine assistance is allowed for the human player, and no human assistance (outside of being an 'operator') is permitted for the computer. Also I ask that spectators only comment on the moves already played, not the current position.

I suggest that the time control be a maximum of one move per month, so that I do not lose on time during the Istanbul Olympiad. If a move is played in one second, the time not spent does not accumulate to the total time one can use.

My first move is 1.e4.

Houdini can set colours really easily. just instruct Houdini to move now and it will play the first move as white.

I suggest

1)that a match should be of two games with each player as white.

2) that the match be played on the ICCF web server with the public able to see all moves from move one.

3) that a normal correspondence time control be used with each player allowed three weeks vacation time.

4) that Houdini should use the Houdini opening book not the operators opening book.

5) that the operator should be able

- to resign

- to claim draws

- to offer or accept draws