PDA

View Full Version : New Android tactics training app

Zuril
18-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Here's an Android free app with over 15,000 tactics puzzles and 6 levels of difficulty:

IdeaTactics (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisana.ideatactics)

Zuril

Trent Parker
19-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Downloaded it.... doesnt currently want to work with my toshiba tablet...

Zuril
20-04-2012, 03:58 AM
Downloaded it.... doesnt currently want to work with my toshiba tablet...

Probably now with the release of the app version 1.05 I've fixed a bug that made it crash with Android 3 and up.
Let me know if now ideatactics works?

Thanks, Zuril

Trent Parker
21-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Probably now with the release of the app version 1.05 I've fixed a bug that made it crash with Android 3 and up.
Let me know if now ideatactics works?

Thanks, Zuril
Ok it works now.
Comments
Board looks good
Level3 way too easy.there was one puzzle which I thought does not win for given colour
Having the opposing side make the last move can can be confusing and I don't know any puzzle book or program that does this.consider changing.
I cannot bring up any menu to change settings.I want to go up in difficult but cannot. Perhaps disposing a menu before disposing a position at start up.

Will have a play with it for a while longer but ATM would not suggest it for training. Has a rather unfinished feel to it. However I will be observing closely to see what improvements are made in future.

Regards
parker

Trent Parker
21-04-2012, 10:22 PM
For me the deal breaker is that you have to be on the internet for the app to work.

IMO it defeats the purpose. I might as well go to Chesstempo where there are real puzzles to solve or hop on chess.com tactics trainer.

This app is coming off my tablet.

Zuril
22-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Level3 way too easy.there was one puzzle which I thought does not win for given colour
I cannot bring up any menu to change settings.I want to go up in difficult but cannot. Perhaps disposing a menu before disposing a position at start up.

If you click on the Level3 text a mený dialog will show up to select the level of difficulty

Having the opposing side make the last move can can be confusing and I don't know any puzzle book or program that does this.consider changing.

Good suggestion

Will have a play with it for a while longer but ATM would not suggest it for training. Has a rather unfinished feel to it. However I will be observing closely to see what improvements are made in future.
Regards
parker

The app has only 5 days of life but it will grow!

Thank you for your observations, Zuril

Zuril
22-04-2012, 05:30 AM
For me the deal breaker is that you have to be on the internet for the app to work.

IMO it defeats the purpose. I might as well go to Chesstempo where there are real puzzles to solve or hop on chess.com tactics trainer.

This app is coming off my tablet.

What do you mean by real puzzles?

Regards, Zuril

Trent Parker
22-04-2012, 09:02 AM
What do you mean by real puzzles?

Regards, Zuril
Perhaps I was too harsh here but the main issue is that you need,an internet connection. This is the issue that kills it for me