PDA

View Full Version : Drouin Open off

biggles
11-10-2004, 06:17 PM
I regret to inform that the Drouin Open, planned for Feb 2005 has been cancelled. The reason is simple. I am getting married in January to a Kenyan lady, and going to Kenya to live in December. I shall miss the Australian Chess Community very much, but not all is lost. I plan to start a chess club for kids in Nairobi as soon as I return from the honeymoon.

David Bell
Drouin

ursogr8
11-10-2004, 09:00 PM
I regret to inform that the Drouin Open, planned for Feb 2005 has been cancelled. The reason is simple. I am getting married in January to a Kenyan lady, and going to Kenya to live in December. I shall miss the Australian Chess Community very much, but not all is lost. I plan to start a chess club for kids in Nairobi as soon as I return from the honeymoon.

David Bell
Drouin

hey Dave
I am sure there are many at Whitehorse Chess Club who wish you well in your forthcoming marriage. We enjoyed having your attendance at Sunday events. Good luck mate.
regards
starter

jeffrei
11-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Yes David congratulations on your upcoming marriage and good luck with any future chess projects you get going in Kenya. I certainly appreciate the contributions you have made to the Vic scene.