PDA

View Full Version : Chesschat on an iDevice

Bollard
08-01-2012, 05:36 AM
I've recently started logging in to Chesschat using my iPad (previously the login was a bit flakey but it seems more stable now).

One thing that seems to be happening is that when I go to look at a thread, say the 2012 Australian Championships, it keeps taking me back to the post on that thread that I looked at when I logged in for the first time on the iPad (27/12/2011). It doesn't take me to the last post.

It also does this if I'm not logged in to Chesschat.

When I log out it says that all cookies etc are cleared.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Bollard
08-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Also discovered that the shortcut search for New Posts doesn't work either. It comes back with "Sorry no matches - please try some different terms."

Rincewind
08-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Yep, I experience this behaviour too. I don't know why.

Hobbes
08-01-2012, 08:42 AM
It retains your old searchid when doing a getnew or getdaily (last paragraph of my post here (http://www.chesschat.org/showpost.php?p=314823&postcount=3)). If you keep trying it will eventually conduct a new search, but I don't know what rules it uses. I have given up using 'New Posts' on the iPad, and instead keep each subforum showing, using the orange 'Forum contains new posts' picture to find new posts.

Also, if you follow the links to a new posts, then use the back button once (to get back to the forum containing the new post) the threads and unread statuses, etc, for that forum are likely to be seveal days old, although in this case doing a refresh does work.

I have never found logging in on the iPad to be flakey, though.

Rincewind
08-01-2012, 08:56 AM
If that's the case then clearing cookies each time would be a pain but should work. You would need to relogin each time though.

Bollard
08-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the info.

Pleased that it's not just me. I wonder whether it is an OS or a browser issue?

Has anyone tried using Safari under windows?

Bollard
20-06-2013, 11:50 PM
It seems to be related to cookies and/or history. If these are cleared through the Settings area then the 'New Posts' function seems to work fine.

Garrett
21-06-2013, 03:52 AM
It seems to be related to cookies and/or history. If these are cleared through the Settings area then the 'New Posts' function seems to work fine.

Great thanks !

Denis_Jessop
21-06-2013, 03:49 PM
I am not sure why this thread was rejuvenated but, for what it is worth, I recently bought an iPad Mini, and have been using Chess Chat on it with various browsers . Currently, I am using Safari as it seems as good as any and better on an iPad than on my iMac. I have had no problems with it.

DJ