PDA

View Full Version : Religious persecution sf. immigration policy

Capablanca-Fan
24-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Clearly, this is a massive conspiracy to censor negative coverage of Islam and to marginalise Christianity. Although only clear as long as you live in the scary world of Jono's paranoid delusions.
Even if I were paranoid, it wouldn't follow that Christians are not being persecuted, and that the Leftmedia are ignoring this. There is no need to posit conspiracy, just a shared secular leftard world view. For decades during the cold war, the Leftmedia downplayed Communist repression of religion. Now, there is widespread persecution of Christians in the middle-East by Islamofascists, and a deafening silence from the Dhimmitudinous Leftmedia (http://www.mrc.org/bozellcolumns/columns/2011/20110113075244.aspx):

While Katie [Couric, silly liberal bint] crinkles her face that anyone could march peacefully to oppose a mega-mosque two blocks from Ground Zero, here’s what does not upset Couric or her colleagues: Christians getting slaughtered and maimed in the Middle East by radical Islamists during the Christmas season. That story rates barely a media eyebrow lift.

On Christmas Eve in Nigeria, AP reported that Danjuma Akawu, secretary of Victory Baptist Church in the city of Maidiguri, charged that a mob of about 30 men attacked his church on Christmas Eve, killing five people, including the pastor, two choir members rehearsing for a late-night carol service and two passersby. He said the attackers came in three cars and dragged the pastor out of his house before shooting him to death. They drove off after setting the church and pastor's house on fire. On the other end of the same city, a security guard was shot and killed at a Church of Christ.

Network coverage? Katie Couric’s CBS aired nothing. Neither did ABC. NBC arrived on the story with three anchor briefs on the morning of December 27. PBS had one “NewsHour” mention that night. That’s it.

In the first minutes of the new year in Alexandria, Egypt, an explosion ripped through a throng of worshipers shortly after services ended outside of a Coptic Christian church, slaughtering at least 21 people and wounding another 96. An eyewitness described the debris on the street: ''Hands, legs, stomachs. Girls, women and men.''

Network coverage? ABC aired nothing. CBS and NBC each aired one brief anchor read. Some might say terror attacks in Africa with these “low” numbers of deaths are hardly a major news story, especially for TV networks that sparsely cover the globe. But when eight American tourists died in a bus crash in Egypt, CBS and NBC each aired full stories and NBC interviewed an American survivor on December 27. So it’s not an issue of sparse resources.

Capablanca-Fan
29-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Iranian Pastor Faces Execution for Refusing to Recant Christian Faith (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/28/iranian-pastor-faces-execution-for-refusing-to-recant-christian-faith/)
By Joshua Rhett Miller
Published September 28, 2011 | FoxNews.com

Leftards, whether of the atheopathic variety like Ian Murray or the churchian variety like Goughfather, have never minded the persecution of Christians by Communist and Islamofascist nations.

Ian Murray
29-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Leftards, whether of the atheopathic variety like Ian Murray or the churchian variety like Goughfather, have never minded the persecution of Christians by Communist and Islamofascist nations.
Actually I regard religious persecution as the bane of civilisation. Be it Muslims against Christians, Christians against Jews, Hindus against Muslims, whatever, it's caused immeasurable suffering and death for millennia in the name of a merciful god.

Rincewind
29-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Actually I regard religious persecution as the bane of civilisation. Be it Muslims against Christians, Christians against Jews, Hindus against Muslims, whatever, it's caused immeasurable suffering and death for millennia in the name of a merciful god.

Or one of several logically inconsistent gods.

Ian Murray
29-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Or one of several logically inconsistent gods.
But only one of which is the one true god, according to whichever holy book your culture adopts.

Capablanca-Fan
30-09-2011, 02:38 AM
But throughout the life of the unlamented Soviet Union, leftards were silent at the religious persecution of Christians in the name of state atheism. The death toll of atheistic communism eclipses that of all the "religious" persecutions throughout history.

Furthermore, as IM unwittingly notes, persecution by Christians is inconsistent with the idea of a merciful God. But communistic persecutions were all too consistent with their atheopathic beliefs, shared by IM.

Capablanca-Fan
30-09-2011, 02:38 AM
But only one of which is the one true god, according to whichever holy book your culture adopts.
Of course, so there is no inconsistency. Counterfeit money doesn't disprove real money.

Ian Murray
30-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Of course, so there is no inconsistency. Counterfeit money doesn't disprove real money.
My point exactly. Religion is a cultural phenomenon instilled from childhood. If you were born in Iran you's be a Muslim and embrace the Koran; born in India you'd be a Hindu and follow the Veda. Your instilled religion is unquestionably right, so ipso facto all the others are wrong. Hence religious hatred and persecution.

Rincewind
30-09-2011, 12:52 PM

The trouble with your analogue is that it is not counterfeit money and "real" money. It is different currencies of otherwise indistinguishable cash. For example, the Banks of England and Scotland (and several other UK banks) print pounds and many vendors will accept several varieties - but the Bank of Scotland doesn't claim on their notes that the Bank of England doesn't exist! Or the people using notes printed by other banks need to be convert to Bank of Scotland currency, etc.

Igor_Goldenberg
03-10-2011, 03:43 PM
The thread drifted off topic, and in the post #380 (by Rincewind) went completely in the direction of purely religious discussion. Perhaps Rincewind can move it and subsequent posts (including this one) to an appropriate religious thread.
By the way, Rincewind seems preoccupied with religion, especially with Christianity (albeit in a negative way). At the same time he called me "god-botherer", despite me not being that much interested in the religion itself (especially Christianity).
Isn't the term "god-botherer" more correctly applied to Rincewind then to me?:hmm: :hmm:

Capablanca-Fan
05-10-2011, 11:15 PM
The thread drifted off topic, and in the post #380 (by Rincewind) went completely in the direction of purely religious discussion. Perhaps Rincewind can move it and subsequent posts (including this one) to an appropriate religious thread.
By the way, Rincewind seems preoccupied with religion, especially with Christianity (albeit in a negative way). At the same time he called me "god-botherer", despite me not being that much interested in the religion itself (especially Christianity).
Isn't the term "god-botherer" more correctly applied to Rincewind then to me?:hmm: :hmm:
What else is new with an obsessive atheopath like RW? His motto is, "There is no God and besides, He is nasty."

Rincewind
06-10-2011, 08:07 AM

Again you show your flimsy grip on reality and absolute disregard for the truth.

In post #370 (ten posts before the supposed dragging off topic) Jono (of whom you are a well documented nut-hugger) made a post which was little more than a a cut and paste of five paragraphs from a article from the Media Research Centre titled

"War In the Mideast -- On Christians"

Not an article on immigration, one on persecution of christians and the bias of reporting of the same in the mass media.

Indeed, my recent activity in this thread has largely been due to a post Jono (#343) made in this thread which was fully of unsubstantiated claims of persecution of a supposed christian refugee by supposed islamic refugees which Jono tastefully titled "Islamofascist asylum seekers should be turfed out". The claims made in that story are yet to be substantiated and indeed Jono seems completely indifferent whether the right-wing propaganda he cuts and pastes over here is based in fact or not.

So Ignor, before you start trying form hypotheses you should try to come to grip with the facts and not just igore those which don't fit into your narrow view of the world.

Rincewind
06-10-2011, 08:19 AM
What else is new with an obsessive atheopath like RW? His motto is, "There is no God and besides, He is nasty."

Not at all. The bible is so riddled with contradictions and falsehoods that the god it describes cannot possibly exist, so no problem there.

BTW Ignore seem to have a problem with discussing religion in this thread so perhaps you should stop bringing it up (as in posts #343 and #370).

While we are discussion #343. Is there any evidence that the events it described actually happened?

Capablanca-Fan
30-10-2011, 04:19 AM
Not at all. The bible is so riddled with contradictions and falsehoods that the god it describes cannot possibly exist, so no problem there.
Another ipse dixit from a contextual ignoramus.

My point exactly. Religion is a cultural phenomenon instilled from childhood. If you were born in Iran you's be a Muslim and embrace the Koran; born in India you'd be a Hindu and follow the Veda. Your instilled religion is unquestionably right, so ipso facto all the others are wrong. Hence religious hatred and persecution.
Another ipse dixit from another atheopath. Of course, this is the genetic fallacy, and ignores the many converts. In my own case, it had nothing to do with childhood. One can also believe something is wrong without hating practitioners of that wrong. Atheopaths also conveniently forget the atheopathic hatred of theism that resulted in millions of murders by communist states against their own people.

Rincewind
30-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Another ipse dixit from a contextual ignoramus.

For someone obsessed with context (actually I've since worked out you are self-obsessed but that is another story) I will point out that you were trying to put words in my mouth, claiming my position was

So I felt the need to clarify my position for those who are interested.

Those interest in biblical contradiction need only look at the multitude of denominations with inconsistent interpretations of the bible. Surely if god wanted to have his intention understood he chose a very poor medium to communicate with and targeted a very small portion of the population.

Ian Murray
31-10-2011, 12:27 AM

Another ipse dixit from another atheopath. Of course, this is the genetic fallacy, and ignores the many converts. In my own case, it had nothing to do with childhood. One can also believe something is wrong without hating practitioners of that wrong.
Nothing to do with genetics, but a self-evident truth based on cultural environment. The number of converts is statistically insignificant.

Atheopaths also conveniently forget the atheopathic hatred of theism that resulted in millions of murders by communist states against their own people.
Contextual relevance?

Capablanca-Fan
01-11-2011, 03:25 AM
Nothing to do with genetics, but a self-evident truth based on cultural environment. The number of converts is statistically insignificant.
Do you even know what the genetic fallacy means? Probably not, given the typical leftard trait of preferring demagoguery to logic.

What matters is whether a belief is true or false, and this is independent of the reasons for which this belief is held.

Contextual relevance?
Should be obvious: atheopaths who attack theistic religions for inciting violence should look at the huge redwood in their own eye: the enormous bloodshed by atheopathic regimes.

Capablanca-Fan
01-11-2011, 03:27 AM
Those interest in biblical contradiction need only look at the multitude of denominations with inconsistent interpretations of the bible.
Doesn't prove that the Bible is contradictory, just that people are.

Surely if god wanted to have his intention understood he chose a very poor medium to communicate with and targeted a very small portion of the population.
Why? Would you rather that He unify all cultures and languages by force? It's amazing that atheopaths think they know what God should have done.

Rincewind
01-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Doesn't prove that the Bible is contradictory, just that people are.

Actually it doesn't prove that either. But it does provide evidence that the language of the Bible is open to interpretation.

Why? Would you rather that He unify all cultures and languages by force?

No but you believe that he fragmented all cultures by force. Seems a weird thing to do. Divide a people, make them speak different languages, spread them over the globe and then pick a insignificant minority to whom to reveal the "truth" knowing there would be no way for for (say Mayans) to find out about this "truth" for hundreds of generations.