PDA

View Full Version : giant chess board

nata
30-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi, I have got a question and would be very happy if someone could answer it for me... I am looking for a giant chessboard somewhere in a park in/around Sydney. I am not after buying one, just one of those public ones you find in parks and public places where there are already some figures on there, too. If any of you can recommend a place, that would be very nice.

Thanks so much,
Natascha

arosar
01-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Hyde Park. You can't miss it.

AR

antichrist
01-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi, I have got a question and would be very happy if someone could answer it for me... I am looking for a giant chessboard somewhere in a park in/around Sydney. I am not after buying one, just one of those public ones you find in parks and public places where there are already some figures on there, too. If any of you can recommend a place, that would be very nice.

Thanks so much,
Natascha

Plus Burwood Park, Burwood Road and Liverpool shopping centre (or was), plus I have been told many more but forgotten.

Next week I may be able to reveal details of sponcership for one at beach resort. Save your pennies.

nata
01-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks so much Arosa and Antichrist, It was really nice of you to reply so quickly to such a trivial question. I will keep my eyes out for the one in Hyde park. How come I've never seen it before? I must be blind!!! :wall:

Ok, Thanks again,
Natascha

arosar
01-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Are you a tourist or something?

AR

antichrist
01-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Thanks so much Arosa and Antichrist, It was really nice of you to reply so quickly to such a trivial question. I will keep my eyes out for the one in Hyde park. How come I've never seen it before? I must be blind!!! :wall:

Ok, Thanks again,
Natascha

It is close to Elizabeth Street entrance near the north/western end of park.

Garvinator
01-10-2004, 06:29 PM

Thanks so much,
Natascha
usually us regulars on here can give quick replies to a reasonable question, maybe to even some unreasonable questions ;)

arosar
01-10-2004, 07:09 PM
usually us regulars . . .

That's "we" regulars, gray.

See youse all.

AR