PDA

View Full Version : Original Doeberl players

wegan
22-09-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm compiling a list of surviving players from the first Doeberl Cup in 1963. The following names that appear on the latest ratings list (though not apparently active recently) are fairly close matches to some of the originals. Does anyone know how I can contact any of these people or know anything about them? They would probably be 65 years+

Edgars Engels
Edgars Paeglitis
Alvis Paupe
Ojars J Puce

There was also a junior player C Brown in 1963, and a B Rapsa who is not on the Ratings list.

Any information appreciated
Bill Egan ( wegan AT pcug.org.au )

george
10-10-2011, 05:27 PM
C Brown may be Cyril Brown a player from SA - he should still be on the rating list as he pops up now and then and plays - he would be in his 60's possibly up around 70 mark but I dont wish him a disservice if I've aged him prematurely.

William AS
10-10-2011, 08:27 PM
C Brown may be Cyril Brown a player from SA - he should still be on the rating list as he pops up now and then and plays - he would be in his 60's possibly up around 70 mark but I dont wish him a disservice if I've aged him prematurely.
Cyril would be very flattered that you would think he was even close to being a junior in 1963. ;) :lol: There are a lot of other C Brown's on the rating list who would be in the right age group. [Brown is a very common name!]

george
11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi Bill,
So he is not dead yet. Always age is a mystery to me but from what you are inferring Cyril is very old perhaps even older than you:D .