PDA

View Full Version : Use of bold text in posts sf FIDE 2011 Regs

William AS
12-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I think Brian is referring to net ettiquette of typing in bold, which can mean that you are shouting at someone ;)

I am aware of this.

I post in bold as most chessplayers are blind and deaf. ;)
A surprising number have complained to me the they cannot read normal size print. :eek:
Reading glasses would help but they cannot/willnot pay for them. :lol:

Jesper Norgaard
13-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I post in bold as most chessplayers are blind and deaf. ;)
A surprising number have complained to me the they cannot read normal size print. :eek:
Reading glasses would help but they cannot/willnot pay for them. :lol:[/B][/SIZE]

Your solution is not very good. There are much better options apart from reading glasses. Most browsers will allow for adjusting the size of all letters in all web pages - that has the advantage of being customizable for each set of eyes. Instead you have made a solution that fits none instead of all. The poor guys that just adjusted the size of the page in their browser to something meaningful for them, will have to readjust each time they read your articles.

My ears are still ringing from all your shouting .... :hand: ;)

William AS
13-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Your solution is not very good. There are much better options apart from reading glasses. Most browsers will allow for adjusting the size of all letters in all web pages - that has the advantage of being customizable for each set of eyes. Instead you have made a solution that fits none instead of all. The poor guys that just adjusted the size of the page in their browser to something meaningful for them, will have to readjust each time they read your articles.

My ears are still ringing from all your shouting .... :hand: ;)
You do not really think any of them know how to do that? :hmm: I have been trying for years, without success, to teach them how to set a clock :wall: so what hope have I with browser settings. :rolleyes: No point in starting a business setting up their computers as they will not even pay for glasses. :(