PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Rapid (NZCF rated) - 13 Aug 2011

SHump
26-07-2011, 02:23 PM
The next Hamilton Rapid (6 rounds of 20'+5" games) will be held on the 13th August, a Saturday, which is a break from the traditional Sunday event. Full details and how to register is here (http://hamiltonchess.net/events/hamilton-rapid/). Be there from 10am please.

SHump
12-08-2011, 08:45 AM
So far we have a tentative list of 14 players for tomorrow's event. Plenty of room for more!!

Mark McLaughlin
Asheesh Gautam
Lillian Dare
Richard J Dare
Kanchana Wansapura
Peter Griffin
Bill Li
Ian Kennedy
Brett Loper
Christopher Symon
Benjamin Symon
Alister Teow
Daniel Wheeler
Benjamin Wheeler

SHump
13-08-2011, 09:15 PM
A small but 'concentrated' group battled hard today over 6 rounds of 20'+5" chess. Richard Dare came 1st overall, with Roy Seabrook picking up the rating group prize for best U1800, Gary Judkins 1st for U1500, Peter Griffin 2nd in the U1500 and the surprise package was Kanchana Wansapura who was sharing the lead at one stage. He ended up with the Best unrated player prize. I am sure we will hear more about him in future events.

My thanks to the juniors who came along and put up a strong showing throughout the day.

A cross table is here (http://hamiltonchess.net/events/hamilton-rapid/13-aug-results)

Tony Dowden
16-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Is the Dec event still on the Sunday - or is it moving to the Saturday as well?

I am probably attending a conference in the preceding week in Tauranga (will know for sure in another fortnight or so) so would be interested in playing on the Saturday.

SHump
18-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi Tony and thanks for your interest. I can choose either day. It is a bit far away to think about it for now, but I will keep it in mind.

ta, Scott

Tony Dowden
19-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks Scott, I'll let you know if I'm coming over to NZ or not then :cool:

Tony Dowden
27-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi Tony and thanks for your interest. I can choose either day. It is a bit far away to think about it for now, but I will keep it in mind.

ta, Scott
Hi Scott,

Sorry, I can't make either Dec 2 or Dec 3 now but hope it all goes well.

Cheers, Tony