PDA

View Full Version : Ozbase updates

kibitzer
02-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Could we start a thread or section here to upload Oz games? Ozbase doesn't seem to get updated very often (unless you're into Telegraphic games from a hundred years ago.) Maybe we could contact organizers and ask them to upload games? I personally enter all my games into my db the same day I play them. What do you think?

Kevin Bonham
02-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Ozbase isn't intended to be up-to-the-minute, and it is heavily dependent on what organisers get around to straightening out and sending to it.

Anyone who wants to post files for a tournament here in the Games and Analysis section is very welcome to, and if anyone would like to take on a task of scouting around tournaments that have files available and centralising them here then I'm happy to help them with any moderation needs to achieve that. If there was enough interest we'd consider a separate section.

Denis_Jessop
04-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Could we start a thread or section here to upload Oz games? Ozbase doesn't seem to get updated very often (unless you're into Telegraphic games from a hundred years ago.) Maybe we could contact organizers and ask them to upload games? I personally enter all my games into my db the same day I play them. What do you think?

Have you looked at the Ozbase website? Its purpose and other things that you mention are made clear there. One thing you should note is that the site is for all Australian chess games and many old tournaments and matches are being entered at the same time as contemporary events. Those older events are of just as much significance to Australian chess as the contemporary ones - sometimes much more so.

DJ

Agent Smith
13-04-2014, 10:00 AM
I've been looking at the 2009 Oceania zonal today.
There seems to have been two tournaments - the zonal and the womens. Is this correct ?

Anyway, this link [2009 Oceania Zonal Open and Women's Tournament Sunshine Coast]
on ozbase is dead. http://www.ozbase.com.au/archives/i2009zt1.zip

Kevin Bonham
13-04-2014, 11:35 AM
I've been looking at the 2009 Oceania zonal today.
There seems to have been two tournaments - the zonal and the womens. Is this correct ?

Yes - see thread here:

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?8319-2009-Oceania-Zonal&highlight=2009+oceania+zonal

Agent Smith
13-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Cheers. ... (I'll try to make a pgn)
The links to the womens PGN in the above linked post are also dead.

Ok - attached is what i could find