PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Rapid (NZCF rated) 8 May 2011

SHump
19-04-2011, 09:16 AM
The Hamilton Chess Club is running a number of rapid play (NZCF rated) chess events at the Hamilton Chess Centre from 10am to 4.30pm (Sundays). The chess will be fast and furious rapid time controls of 20 minutes and 5 seconds a move each for all your thinking time.

Cash Prizes will be given for at least overall 1st and 2nd, U1800, U1400 and U1200 and under 12′, best unrated player, and encouragement award. The more entrants there are, then more prize categories will be determined. The prize money will be 80% of entry fees after expenses.

The next event is on 8 May. Please register for that here (http://hamiltonchess.net/events/hamilton-rapid/hamilton-rapid-registration/). FYI, the following event is called the Waikato Winter Wapid (WWW), on 12 June.

These events are NZCF rapid rated players must be NZCF registered or pay the NZCF registration fee ($20) before round 1. There will be 6 rounds of 20+5 chess.

Entry fees:
$20 for adults
$15 for juniors and Hamilton Chess Club members
$0 for GM, WGM, IM and WIMs

AND $20 for NZCF registrtation for 2011, if you are not already registered.

Be there from 10am. The first round starts at 10.30am and there will be a 35 minute lunch break after round 2.

* Notes:

The organiser reserves the right to accept or reject entries.
The organiser reserves the right to vary the number of prizes and the prize categories, based on entry numbers.
Age division (junior is under 18) is decided by the age of the entrant as at the date of each event.
Free tea, coffee, milo are available all day.
Each competitor can win only one prize at each event (apart from the overall final prizes).
In the case of equal scores, the winner will be determined by computer count-back.
The event will be played under the FIDE laws of chess and the Hamilton Chess Club code of ethics (see library).

SHump
02-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I was wondering about why the number of entries was down - unti someone pointed out the clash with Mother's day...sigh. I will have to decide on Wednesday if it is to go ahead as planned. If you are wanting to play 6 rounds of rapid chess this Sunday in Hamilton, please register soon...

thanks, Scott

SHump
05-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I have had to cancel this event due to the small entry numbers. I am sorry for this. Despite trying to move mother's day, I was unsuccessful ;-) Really, the fault was mine in planning for the date.

I will automatically move the current entries to the next Rapid event (12 June - the Waikato Winter Wapid or WWW). The times and conditions are identical to the current Rapid.

Note that the next Hamilton Sunday event is the Round 3 of the Rookies Shield on 29th May, and please register for this via the club web site.

And the next club event is the Club Championship (7 rounds, 1 round a night on Tuesdays, of 60 minutes +10 sec a move games), restricted to club members, starting on 17th May.