PDA

View Full Version : "Play chess like a girl" by Jennifer Shahade; promotional video

Bereaved
15-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Thought I would post this up for anyone who is unaware of this book, here is the promo video for it on You tube

w-zuITi0CGA

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

sleepless
17-02-2011, 06:05 PM
From the author of Chess Bitch, this has a somewhat less provocative title. The less than subtle video pitches to an intended readership of similarly "out there" and socially confident female players. I wish them luck in finding the numbers in that demographic to justify publishing costs.

Kaitlin
18-02-2011, 07:05 PM
I was looking for a thread to put this for a few week and have only composed it in my head.. but anywho here goes, and this as good as any thread I guess:

1. "Just move" - this isn't a move that seconds ago occured, or something you think while your oppers is taking proactivily too long too move. A "Just Move" is a move that is fair and reasonable whilst surprising your opponent.

2. "Flock ewe" - this will be the name of a sequence of moves in which you get your pieces to move like a mob of sheep and herd and pen your opponents King. I havent actually worked out many of the moves yet however I have thought of the T-shirt design and it will be a sheep playing chess and written above it "Flock ewe".

DogLover
10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks macavity. One day I hope to play chess like a girl.
:)