PDA

View Full Version : FIDE rating list bloopers for NZL

Tony Dowden
31-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Most inaccurate: Roger Perry aged 75 - but we both played in the National Schoolpupils event which Chandler won in 1974

Also amusing: FM Bob Smith aged 47 - but I distinctly remember when he was taller than me (even without sitting on the back of his chair)

Most startling change of appearance: FM Nic Croad - check out his photo: you didn't know he had an identical twin did you? :lol:

Adamski
31-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Most inaccurate: Roger Perry aged 75 - but we both played in the National Schoolpupils event which Chandler won in 1974

Also amusing: FM Bob Smith aged 47 - but I distinctly remember when he was taller than me (even without sitting on the back of his chair)

Most startling change of appearance: FM Nic Croad - check out his photo: you didn't know he had an identical twin did you? :lol:
LOL! Roger wouldn't be a day over 47! Glad to see him more active again in recent years. For those who don't know, he is yet another ex-OCC man, contemporary with Tony D and myself.)

For some reason, Bob Smith's age is often cited erroneously. He would be a quite considerable number of days over 47!

Tony Dowden
01-02-2011, 08:44 PM
LOL! ... For some reason, Bob Smith's age is often cited erroneously. He would be a quite considerable number of days over 47!

Did you mean 'days' or 'years' Jonathan? He must be around 5 or 6 years older than stated.

Bill Gletsos
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Did you mean 'days' or 'years' Jonathan? He must be around 5 or 6 years older than stated.He will turn 55 in March.

Adamski
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Did you mean 'days' or 'years' Jonathan? He must be around 5 or 6 years older than stated.Days - 5 or 6 years equals a considerable number of days but not really a considerable number of years!

Tony Dowden
02-02-2011, 07:23 AM
He will turn 55 in March.

OK, about 2880 days then! (Thanks Bill, you are always fantastic with numbers)

Oepty
02-02-2011, 10:42 AM
I know he is not a Kiwi but Australian Steven O'Reilly is apparently going to be born in 2032. http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=3211118
Scott

Rhubarb
03-02-2011, 11:16 AM
I know he is not a Kiwi but Australian Steven O'Reilly is apparently going to be born in 2032. http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=3211118
Scott
The server records say that birth year was added by the Elista office on Jan 20 and I think they were doing some testing around that time. Anyway, the change request has now been put in for Steven's correct birthday (1982).

Tony Dowden
03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
The server records say that birth year was added by the Elista office on Jan 20 and I think they were doing some testing around that time. Anyway, the change request has now been put in for Steven's correct birthday (1982).

Wow, It's already been fixed :eek:

I pointed out to an NZCF official that Perry's birth year was wrong absolutely ages ago (um, around 2002 or 2003) so the combined efforts here - of ACF and FIDE - is definitely a much quicker response!

Scott: Maybe start an Aussie blooper thread elsewhere?

ChrisBurns
05-02-2011, 01:18 PM

I just checked the photo of Nic Croad, quite funny (no dis respect to you Flukey) http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=4300793

Adamski
05-02-2011, 10:29 PM
I just checked the photo of Nic Croad, quite funny (no dis respect to you Flukey) http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=4300793
LOL. For those Aussies who don't know Stephen Lukey, the picture give for Nic is actually a younger Stephen! How on earth did even FIDE, who we know to be incompetent at the best of times, manage that?

flukey
06-02-2011, 06:31 AM
LOL. For those Aussies who don't know Stephen Lukey, the picture give for Nic is actually a younger Stephen! How on earth did even FIDE, who we know to be incompetent at the best of times, manage that?

It is actually my internal phone directory photo from work!

I am pretty sure it was sent off for an accreditation photo for Khanty - they obviously then just used it for Nic when he replaced me in the team!