PDA

View Full Version : Clash beteen Science and Religion Funding

antichrist
18-01-2011, 01:09 AM
There have been two famous books written about the history of the clash between religion and science, well the comments from [another thread] shows important contradictions.

Gattaca comment:
I think as a country Australia needs to reassess its direction in some areas. It's nice to win lots of swimming medals, but mathematics and hard science underpins the whole modern way of life, and the brain drain from our shores can't be good for us long term.

AC
The Gillard government has promised millions of more dollars for chaplins in schools, in spite of them not being properly supervised nor doing their actual job but just prosletising. Not only is taxpayers money "wasted" on elite sportstars but is also wasted on promotion of religions via many subsidies to religious schools etc. The Howard govt cut funding to many important science projects but pumped more money into private religious schools and chaplins.

antichrist
27-01-2011, 07:08 PM
i feel like zsa zsa's 5th husband i know what to do but not how to make it exciting - the scientist re-introducing flagellum

antichrist
27-01-2011, 07:29 PM
[27-01-2011 07:36 PM] antichrist: intelligent design on trial now on sbs 2 - be there
[27-01-2011 07:41 PM] antichrist: discovery institute witnesses for id 5/8 dropped out
[27-01-2011 07:55 PM] antichrist: i feel like zsa zsa's 5th husband i know what to do but not how to make it exciting - the scientist re-introducing flagellum
[27-01-2011 08:07 PM] antichrist: they found the missing link between creationism and intelligent design
[27-01-2011 08:10 PM] antichrist: they typed one heading over another but left some first and last letters undeleted that linked creationism and intelligent design from the same book
[27-01-2011 08:21 PM] antichrist: Dover School board when re-election was on rejected all id CANDIDATES, and Pat Robertson if there is a disaster in their area dont ask God for help
[27-01-2011 08:22 PM] antichrist: ID was found to be not science and was unconstitutional to teach id in school classes
[27-01-2011 08:24 PM] antichrist: the judge recommended that ID proponents be charged with perjury etc - and that judge was appointed by GW Bush
[27-01-2011 08:25 PM] antichrist: school system was ordered not to teach ID in science class room. the ID proponents had to pay $1,000,000 of opposition's legal fees
[27-01-2011 08:27 PM] antichrist: the judge received death threats and his family had to have special protection

Ian Murray
28-01-2011, 10:00 PM
For a more succinct summary of the case, see http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/onion10-5.jpg

Ian Murray
28-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Or in more detal at http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/evolution.htm

Rincewind
28-01-2011, 11:27 PM
The judge also found hat two ID proponents on the school board acted in a deceitful way and lied under oath. I'm glad they have their Christian faith to act as their moral compass or they may have done something really wrong. :lol:

antichrist
29-01-2011, 01:16 AM
The judge also found hat two ID proponents on the school board acted in a deceitful way and lied under oath. I'm glad they have their Christian faith to act as their moral compass or they may have done something really wrong. :lol:

at least the verdict was a revenge for the Scopes monkey trial - bring on that old time religion, I have a transcript of that case somewhere in my attic I believe copied from NSW Uni

antichrist
29-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Or in more detal at http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/evolution.htm

But I bet it does not include this comment:
i feel like zsa zsa's 5th husband i know what to do but not how to make it exciting - the scientist re-introducing flagellum

Desmond
29-01-2011, 08:20 AM
It's OK; they believe in the greater good. Are these the ones who want to take guns to church?

antichrist
29-01-2011, 10:59 AM
It's OK; they believe in the greater good. Are these the ones who want to take guns to church?

I felt sorry for the female journalist who quarrelled with her father over supporting evolution, and her father was called to Heaven before they could make up

antichrist
30-03-2013, 10:28 AM
the Fed Govt under Gillard has refused to grant Charity STatus Tax deductibility for donations to St James Ethics Centre to train teachers of ethics for NSW Public Schools, but it does grant to pastors of religion to learn their BS for Scripture classes