PDA

View Full Version : good books plug

bobby1972
10-09-2004, 02:59 PM
any body recomend any good books i think "nimzowitch a reappraisal" is good very good,also these chessbase magazines do you need chess base to read them if you get one,or are they self contained and are they worth it?

Brian_Jones
10-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Take a look at the two new books by Gary Lane. Find the Winning Move. Find the Checkmate.

ChessBase Magazines are free-standing - no other software is required!
See Gary Lane's review of CBM 100 in the last Australian Chess magazine!

JGB
10-09-2004, 06:11 PM
dunno if your interested, but im working on this 100 great games of Australian chess book. Have to see if I can get someone to publish it when it's finished? :whistle:

trlspann
20-09-2004, 11:05 AM
dunno if your interested, but im working on this 100 great games of Australian chess book. Have to see if I can get someone to publish it when it's finished? :whistle:

Sounds damn interesting.

Any chance of an example game so we can see the style of writing you'll be using (deep analysis Vs discussion style etc)?

JGB
20-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Sounds damn interesting.

Any chance of an example game so we can see the style of writing you'll be using (deep analysis Vs discussion style etc)?

This is a good idea, I will find out about posting a game here as it shall appear in the book, as a PDF file or something. Ill have to talk to the webmaster.