PDA

View Full Version : Wiccanism/Paganism

ChoiSeulKi
04-12-2010, 03:38 PM
What is everyone's opinion on Wiccans/Pagans?

Rincewind
04-12-2010, 07:17 PM
What is everyone's opinion on Wiccans/Pagans?

They seem to be no worse than Christians.

ChoiSeulKi
04-12-2010, 07:42 PM
They seem to be no worse than Christians.
I agree. They aren't the type of religion that tries pushing you into joining them... I personally think it's good. They are often misjudged for Satanists... I think it's ridiculous. Satanism and Wiccan are two different types of Influence - Wiccan is white, Satanism is black. I'm sick of being judged for my religion - I say accept everyone, no matter what religion - It's their choice. It's sorta like a white person thinking a black person isn't normal - It's just plain Cruel!!

Sinister
04-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I think knowing a pagan, which I do, is knowing one too many. They are strange, sad people

antichrist
04-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Byron Bay is full of such loopies who have de-Christening ceremonies at dawn on the beach.

Be careful coz during the Inquisition they were accused of doing kinky things with the Devil who had a cold "one" - that is true, just teaching you history.

Redmond Barry
04-12-2010, 09:37 PM
devotion towards wikipedia is a path leading only to strife.
paganism seems pretty cool though......

Sinister
04-12-2010, 09:41 PM
devotion towards wikipedia is a path leading only to strife.
paganism seems pretty cool though......
it totally sounds cool to go around sacrificing goats to satan, they are sick people and it is no wonder why the christians do not like them. The pagans are exponentially worse than those damn christian door-knockers

ChoiSeulKi
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
You see,that's where you are all wrong - Look into a certain religion before judging.
Pagans and Wiccans don't sacrifice anything. They are nature lovers who worship the earth - They do not want to kill what the love.
You think that Pagans and wiccans sacrafice/kill animals - Thats satanism.

Put it this way - Modern day witchcraft is called influence. No, It's not like the TV shows or movies, when you just wave a magical stick and 'BAM' it happens. It's more so just magic of the mind - (eg. If you believe in something, it has more of a chance of happening) Yes, Some Wiccans are said to have rituals, and make potions and blah blah blah, but its not as crazy as you think - It's just their beliefs - Like every other Religion has their beliefs, So do Wiccans and Pagans.

The difference between Paganism and Wiccan is this:
Pagan is pretty much a religion of worshiping the earth - You think of it as a beautiful place, and are grateful to have it. Pagans do not use any form of so called 'witchcraft'. They are pretty much more of a tamed down version of Wiccan. In other words, Pagans are like modern day Hippies - and put it this way, they arent freaky, scary, or weird - they can be normal people, too. Just like Christians - Theres the people who are really into it - and theres the people who are in the religion - purely because they believe in god, or agree with the christian belief system. Wiccans on the other hand - their religion is pretty much fueled by witchcraft. They are the ones who do cast circles, hold ceremony's, etc.

Neo-Pagan religions are often confused with Satanism - When in reality, Satanists and Wiccans/Pagans are enemy religions. The reason Christans hate wiccans and pagans is because of their said 'similarity's' with Satanism, and the fact that they don't believe in god. Satanism Witchcraft is called Black magic - Wiccan witchcraft is called White magic. Wiccan for good, Satanism for bad.

Another unknown fact about these religions is that Pagan and Wiccan religions aren't into Astrology and psychic readings - in fact, 75% of the religion do not believe in it at all. All the people in the two religions do not have to follow a specific lifestyle in order to be named Pagan/Wiccan. With these religions - You have your own voice. There is no specific instruction book on 'How to be Wiccan' or pagan. It's your choice how far YOU want to go into the religion.

That is all. :)

Space_Dude
04-12-2010, 11:02 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

antichrist
04-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Pagan is pretty much a religion of worshiping the earth - You think of it as a beautiful place, and are grateful to have it. Pagans do not use any form of so called 'witchcraft'. They are pretty much more of a tamed down version of Wiccan. In other words, Pagans are like modern day Hippies - and put it this way, they arent freaky, scary, or weird - they can be normal people, too. Just like Christians - Theres the people who are really into it - and theres the people who are in the religion - purely because they believe in god, or agree with the christian belief system. Wiccans on the other hand - their religion is pretty much fueled by witchcraft. They are the ones who do cast circles, hold ceremony's, etc.

AC
Christians aren't normal - they believe in stupid anti science stuff, that Jesus rose from dead, that there is a Heaven and Hell etc etc, that snakes can have a chit chat blah blah

ChoiSeulKi
04-12-2010, 11:46 PM

AC
Christians aren't normal - they believe in stupid anti science stuff, that Jesus rose from dead, that there is a Heaven and Hell etc etc, that snakes can have a chit chat blah blah

you obviously dont understand what I am trying to say. Read on a bit further - What I am saying is that there are different levels when it comes to religion - Using christian as an example - although I admit Christian isnt a very good example religion, but anyways - There are the christians who just simply believe in god, and thats that - No church, no praying, no crazy stuff that other christans do. They just believe in god. And then there are the extreamists, who yes, believe jesus rose from the dead, heaven and hell, etc. My point is that the same can apply for every other religion.

Rincewind
05-12-2010, 09:32 AM
You think of it as a beautiful place, and are grateful to have it.

That sounds more like atheism. I have had those sort of feelings about places of natural beauty (and sometimes things that have been created both those created as works of art and sometime even engineering wonders) however I would not call that paganism. I think to be pagan you would have to have a faith in a supernatural force of some kind. Whether that is the goddess earth and the horned god or something else probably doesn't matter. But some supernatural "reality" would distinguish pagan belief from garden variety awe.

ChoiSeulKi
05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
That sounds more like atheism. I have had those sort of feelings about places of natural beauty (and sometimes things that have been created both those created as works of art and sometime even engineering wonders) however I would not call that paganism. I think to be pagan you would have to have a faith in a supernatural force of some kind. Whether that is the goddess earth and the horned god or something else probably doesn't matter. But some supernatural "reality" would distinguish pagan belief from garden variety awe.

Ahh yes, Correct - Supernatural plays a huge part of Paganism, especially the belief of re incarnation. Athiesm is actually similar to paganism, believe it or not - although pagans are judged incorrectly for being messed-up satanists.

The point of that post is that you guys stop being so damned hypocritical. Pagans are normal people, just with different belief systems - Just like christians, Athiests, etc.

You should really look into the actual religion before you judge it.
Not so sound like a bitch, or anything.. I hope I dont.
I dont mean it... Im just saying. Im sorta sick of being taking the pagan religion the wrong way.

:) Have a lovely day.

Rincewind
05-12-2010, 03:33 PM
The point of that post is that you guys stop being so damned hypocritical. Pagans are normal people, just with different belief systems - Just like christians, Athiests, etc.

I'm not sure where you think I'm being hypocritical. I guess I would be classed as a naturalist or a materialist but not as a position of faith but rather as the default position due to a lack of proof or necessity for a supernatural. I don't object to the notion of the supernatural I just have no need to assume it to be true without evidence.

Not so sound like a bitch, or anything.. I hope I dont.
I dont mean it... Im just saying. Im sorta sick of being taking the pagan religion the wrong way.

I think all religions which make claims that can be tested by science are equally silly. Those that don't are subjective and any I have looked at even moderately in detail (like Buddhism) have been irrelevant. I don't claim to have any inside running no the human condition but not hiding behind fairy-tales does have a certain attraction and I do have parsimony on my side. :)

Kevin Bonham
05-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Pagans are normal people, just with different belief systems - Just like christians, Athiests, etc.

Doesn't this also apply to Satanism? Satanists are actually very diverse in views, practices and attitudes.

(NB I am not a Satanist, but I strongly support equal time for the small team. :lol: )

ChoiSeulKi
06-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Doesn't this also apply to Satanism? Satanists are actually very diverse in views, practices and attitudes.

(NB I am not a Satanist, but I strongly support equal time for the small team. :lol: )
I must agree with you here, Kevin.